[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ MEG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 38

File: 1360803017.jpg (83KB, 771x458px) Image search: [Google]
1360803017.jpg
83KB, 771x458px
/meg/- Military Enlistment General

Body acceptance edition

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857
>>
Someone needs to fix the OP template or make a new better one than the pastebin
All the trips are kill too
>>
>>31091826
Whats wrong with it other than the trips though? I think the only one whose still around is Ricky.
>>
My recruiter called me today and said that i had a to do an interview with their commander this week.
He said that i needed to shave and dress like i was going to a job interview.

What do I wear?
>>
>>31091792

Can answer questions on both NG and active 35 series life. Particularly 35F.

Huge fitness freak, can get anyone to pass a PT test.
>>
>>31091893
What?
>>31091885
You asked this last thread, what the hell is wrong with you
>>
>>31091883
Look at the op template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW
It's old and empty
>>31091885
dress pants and button up
enlisted or officer?
>>
>>31091928
Oh ya, i looked at the FAQ one. My bad.
>>
>>31091916
I want to max out the Navy PRT, I can get satisfactory on all portitons 80 pushups/100 curlups/9 minute 1.5mile or so

I'd also like to max out the marine one so I can transfer in down the line, 23 pullups/115 crunches/3 miles in 18 minutes.

what's the difference between crunches and curl ups anyway
>>
>>31091928
Enlisted

>>31091917
Well, the only jobs I've ever had manual labor so I don't have any fancy clothes for fancy jobs
>>
>>31092000
>fancy clothes for fancy jobs
???

Either way, you already know what to wear. Slacks and a collar shirt, probably a tie wouldnt hurt. There are these places called stores where you can buy things. Aka Go buy them if you dont have them. How much spoon feeding do you need?
>>
>>31091916
How to do not get winded so easily?
>>
>>31091916
Let's say I play videogames and have a banter with a Russian or Arab online on the daily. Is that an issue with the SF-86 or polys?
>>
>>31092021
I'm just asking what I should wear becausr, otherwise, I would just wear jeans and a regular t-shirt.
>>
>>31092074
>otherwise, I would just wear jeans and a regular t-shirt.
Are you stupid? Everyone knows you semi-dress up for a interview even if youve never had one. its just common knowledge. Where the fuck did you grow up that you dont know this? Your parents failed you. Kill them.
>>
>>31092090
I grew up working 12hr days and covered in sewat, my parents raised a man who knows the value of a dollar and lets his character show who he is not by the clothes he wears
>>
>>31091971

Bench press, presses, incline crunches, weighted situps, bike and run. Interval sprints. The only way to schwack that marine 3 miler is to run.

>>31092022

Do lots of alternative cardio in addition to running. Rowing, bike, swim, treadmill, and stridemaster. Interval sprints are the big secret for my cardiovascular badassery. Combine them with mid-intensity longer term cardio stuff like above and you'll be all set. Also, figure out your breathing pattern and literally never stop.

>>31092072

I never got poly'd for my TS.

>can anyone prove it?
>will anyone mention it?
>will you be able to pass it off as misremembrance?
>are they your friends?
>>
>>31092128

What a fool, I worked 16's doing ranch and farm work from 10-17 and even my backwoods cousin-fucking self knows sometimes a shirt and tie are warranted.
>>
>>31092132
So every day do some form of cardio and weightlifting? I always feel tired though, though I do try to sleep right and eat right but just feels like im lagging in lifts
>>
>>31092128
jesus christ thats stupid. Dont ever say that again.
>>31092148
Thank you

Everyone works as a kid unless your rich and we all know what to wear.

>>31092132
Whats your max DL, Squat, Bench and OHP? Dont lie.
>>
>>31092148
I will never wear a tie and you sound really upset.
What's wrong, did your daddy not fuck you in the ass this morning.
>>
>>31092169
>I will never wear a tie
Why?
Youre a complete faggot and you will fail in the military due to your autism. Dont join cause youll get picked on nonstop and probably shoot the base up. Just keep doing whatever nonsense youre doing and die in peace.
>>
>>31092163

It's up to you if you do both everyday. Nowadays I do both daily, but if you want to not look like a miniature human, you can cycle them on and off.

>>31092164

Bench? 1 rep max is 195.

I don't do typical weighted squats, I use sandbags.

Same for deadlifting. Only similar motion for me is sandbag throws or raises.

I do lots of endurance work, resistance work, muscle failure work.

My scores speak for themselves.

>>31092169

Your trash is showing.
>>
>>31092222
>Bench? 1 rep max is 195.
That is insanely ass, military PT scores literally prove nothing. Pushups and situps are out of date methods and dont transfer over to anything at all. If you are getting a 300 on the run then thats good but your strength is horrible. You shouldnt be giving out lifting advice.
>>
>>31092231

Okay, well, you enjoy that 260 PT score. I'll hang out in the extended scale club.
>>
>>31092231
>>31092237

Also, when you're 150 lbs, being able to press 1.3 time your weight isn't so bad.
>>
>>31092254
>150 lbs,
Right, a skelly. No reason to give lifting advice.

>>31092237
>Okay, well, you enjoy that 260 PT score. I'll hang out in the extended scale club.
I dont even know what that is cause i was in the navy and it doesnt work that way, but my scores were maxed. How about you stop acting like a tryhard and just accept that you are weak as shit.
>>
File: dazzle pensive.png (266KB, 667x429px) Image search: [Google]
dazzle pensive.png
266KB, 667x429px
>>31091885
>My recruiter called me today and said that i had a to do an interview with their commander this week.
That's weird.

>What do I wear?
- Oxford dress shirt: Long sleeve preferable. Plain, no fruity designs (pin stripes are okay). Clean, no stains. Ironed with no wrinkles. Wear some kind of undershirt with a v-neck or just make sure the crew neck isn't visible under your collar.
-Slacks: Again, clean and wrinkle-free. No stupid colors. Make sure they fit (pant legs aren't too long or too short and waist size is correct or close enough). Pulled up to your waist instead of hanging off your ass. Don't leave the barn door open.
-Belt: Brown or black. No gaudy buckles. Make sure you wear a the belt with the buckle oriented to on left when you put it on. Don't miss any belt loops on your pants.
-Oxford shoes: Brown or black. Clean with no scuffs. Make sure laces are tied. Wear dress socks instead of gym socks.

...If you want extra points wear a neck tie and a suit jacket and observe clean and wrinkle-free rules. Don't wear earrings or any other kind of piercings. A conservative watch is fine, but it's easier to not wear any jewelry at all. Don't wear a hat. Bring coat and/or umbrella if it's raining. Wear deodorant or at least don't stink (this includes your breath). Avoid cologne or other body sprays unless you no what your doing (you probably don't). Underwear is optional, but if you're inept at wiping or have a leaky pee-pee, wear a pair.
>>
>>31092265
>>31092163
please respond
>>
>>31092265

How about you sick my dick, swish it around and swallow the gravy, sailor?

I said I can get anyone passing a PT test, and that's the advice I'm giving. Not telling people how to win the crossfit games or anything. Just how to pass a PT test.

I'm glad you found your big kid pampers, but no amount of hooyah will make you not gay.
>>
>>31092271

I responded to you.
>>
>>31092163
>>31092271
Listen to me very carefully, ignore that other try hard moron.
Clean up your diet if it isnt alraedy thats top priority.
Then do SL 5x5 and on alternate days do Couch to 5 K and rest on sunday. If you are a beginner thats all you need.
>>31092288
I dont know what any of that means, all i see is an intel bitch trying to pretend his a ranger. You are a skinny pasty bitch who is most likely a weeb as well. If you really only weigh 150 lbs i could ball you up and break your skelly ass inhalf.
>>
>>31092306

You just remember that even though I'm significantly smaller than you, I still got to play in the dirt and shoot some shit while you looked SO good in your blueberries going below deck.
>>
>>31092184
>>31092222
If the government cares more about my ability to color coordinate socks and butt plugs, than my ability to call in air strikes on women and children, then our military has truly fallen and not even trump can make the army great again.
>>
>>31092328
>while you looked SO good in your blueberries going below deck.
Are you implying thats bad? My time was great. I did 2 deployments in my 4 years and saw more countries than you can name. Now im out and using my Gi Bill. I wouldnt change a single thing about my time in. So please try again.

Also i dont care how i looked cause im not an 18 year old faggot who tries to pick up girls in my uniform. When you grow up youll understand that thats incredibly lame and cringe worthy.

>>31092337
Look we all understand, youre mad you are so stupid and poor that you dont even have a pair of dress shirt and pants. Times must be tough for you. Things might pick up soon just keep your head up sport.
>>
>>31092337
You sound like the kind of guy who says he would punch the drill instructer in the face if he ever got up in you shit.
>>
>>31092306
Breakfast is 2 eggs
Lunch is whatever leftover there is, some variation of chicken and rice and dinner is the same but a bigger portion
I drink a protein shake as well after running or lifting
I'm at lmao1pl8 in bench, 165 in squat, 250 in dl and I don't do the military press or the BB rows.
My shoulder kind of fucked up a while ago in some unrelated shit so I avoided that one, trying to get back into doing shoulder shit probably with dumbells instead
>>
>>31092353

>implying I'm 18
>implying you won't always wonder what it would have been like to do real military stuff
>implying you weren't a faggot before the navy

But hey, I gotta hand it to ya, I fucked a Navy female once and she was right on the money for crazy sex.
>>
>>31092383
>BB rows.
Why not? They are important you should be doing them.
>trying to get back into doing shoulder shit probably with dumbells instead
No, use the bar just go lighter if you have to. Doing it standing makes it a full body lift and works more than just your shoulders so its important.
>My shoulder kind of fucked up a while ago
You need to warm up properly and you will most likely be fine. Look up YTWL shoulder warm up, use a band and slowly warm up when pressing weight. Skip in very small incraments.

Also, unless you are fat and need to loose weight your diet is fine.

>>31092399
Bro this argument is pointless,
I could tell you how i joined at 18 which is the best time to do so, or how i was stationed in beautiful San Diego and fucked more women there in the Gas Lamp district than youve seen, or how we used to shoot missiles and 5in regularly and used to track chinese subs. And how we were in the phillipines in 2014 after the monsoon and provided relief.
But its pointless so whatever. You keep pretending youre a ranger. IM not pretending im a seal and never said i was. I did my time, loved it, and now im out and in college. Not sure why you are so insecure about how thin and weak you are but its easy to fix if youre that worried about it.
>>
>>31092446
I'm 170lbs 5'7" i've been bulking up from like 140
Should I ask to be stationed in san diego if I have the chance? I think i'll have the choice of hawaii and norfolk too, maybe some nippon base. Never been outside the south
>>
>>31092488
Stop bulking, thats a meme and youre doing it wrong anyway.

>Should I ask to be stationed in san diego if I have the chance?
Absolutely
Hawaii is also good,
>maybe some nippon base
Yokosuka is better than Sasebo.
Yokosuka is amazing and is like an hr or so outside Tokyo by train. I was there for 3 months in 2012 for a hull swap and it was fucking amazing. Ive heard things have changed since then though. Avoid Norfolk though, the base sucks ass from what ive heard but the deployements to Europe are supposed to be good so idk if its worth it or not, id air on the side of not. What rate are you looking at becoming?
>>
>>31092365
I'm not a violent person, i would never do that

>>31092353
>hurr you don't waste money on shit you never use
>you're poor
Nice projection m8, but I would much rather spend my hard earned cash on cars and trips to the lake with friends.
>>
File: 1446247848959.png (396KB, 1832x2366px) Image search: [Google]
1446247848959.png
396KB, 1832x2366px
>>31092554
>Stop bulking, thats a meme and youre doing it wrong anyway.

Gonna be some officer designator, might be on a carrier or working in some cubicle fuck
It's been a pain trying to find any info on this shit
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/officer/Detailing/IWC/IP/Pages/BilletsandCareerPath.aspx
all the links on the right are kill
>>
Filling out my enlistment packet now, Problem is: i'm 26, I have no idea about my previous addresses beyond like just the addresses. No idea about contact info for who actually owned the places.

Also I only know my mothers name, I dont even know her DOB or where she died. Idk what to do for all that.
>>
>>31092676
>Gonna be some officer designator
I have no idea what that is. Figured you were enlisting man. If you are just a basic SWO officer you could be stuck literally anywhere doing literally anything. SWOs are like a one size fits all officer in the navy.
>>
How bad would dropping out of the DEP for Marines affect Army enlistment? I had what I think was a good reason, but I can see it being a problem
>>
>>31092793
talk to the army and let them know you want to switch before you drop from the marines. If the army is cool with it then it dont matter what the marines say. Fuck em.
>>
>>31092708
Just put what you do know and research as best you can for what you don't.
Most of that isn't important as long as you aren't a criminal.
>>
>>31092132
nope
nope
probably
online vidya friend

I just thought that if they ask something like "are you in frequent contact with foreign nationals?" in a poly, that would technically be true.
>>
>>31092850
I've already dropped from Marines, be about a year ago. I wanted to get my shit together before I re-enlisted
>>
>>31092869
Well whatever damage happened is already done. At this point all you can do is go talk to the army, you got nothing to loose.
>>
File: mfw.png (427KB, 605x509px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
427KB, 605x509px
>>31091885
Not fucking jeans
Not a fucking under-amour shirt
not fucking sneakers
>>
>>31092072
Unreported personal contacts with foreign intel
service, government or persons seeking classified
information.
 Immediate family member who is a foreign
national.
 Unreported close and continuing contact with a
foreign national, including intimate contacts,
roommate, or marriage.
 Possession of valid foreign passport
 Exercise of any right,privilege or obligation of
foreign citizenship.
This is what will get you fucked.
>>
>>31093189
>not fucking sneakers
Are you serious, now I need to buy dress shoes?
Holy fuck, i want to go shoot third worlders, not become mayor.
>>
>>31091885
Have you never had a fucking job interview? They taught us what to wear to these in high school, but I guess since jobs no longer exist this is yet another practical thing they decided to stop teaching.
>>
>>31093374
>since jobs no longer exist
what?
>>
>>31093344
Don't you have church clothes anon?
>>
Can someone tell me what's the difference between a curl up and a sit up? I can do the 80 push ups required and I can run 1.5 miles in 10 minutes ( still working on getting to the best standard) but I have no fucking clue what the Air Force wants me do for curl/sit ups/crunches???
>>
>>31093437
"3.8.3.5. Complete Sit-up. A complete sit-up is accomplished when the upper torso of the member is raised off the floor/mat, the elbows touch the knees or thighs, and the upper torso is lowered back to the floor/mat until the shoulder blades touch the floor/mat. Elbows must touch the knees or thighs at the top of the sit-up, and the shoulder blades must touch the floor/mat at the bottom of the sit-up."
>>
>>31093374
No, i dropped out at 17 and went construction full time.

>>31093408
No, just my fedora(i don't actually have a fedora)
>>
>>31093448
Do I cross my arms behind my head or lay my arms across my chest? Also thank you for the timely response fampai
>>
File: Mud-Fight.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mud-Fight.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Anyone know if the Massachusetts National Guard units are legit or shit?

I'm very close to signing up with them and trying to go 11b. Hoping to someday try out ofr the 20th SFG here.
>>
>>31093452
>>31093344

Methheads need not apply. If you're looking to shoot people from a more primitive culture then I suggest taking a barrel to the mouth.
>>
>>31093452
>Dropout

That would be why you have to interview.
>>
>>31093729
>not wanti g to shoot people that rape women and children, have slaves, and murders gays and anyone who isn't part of their sect of islam
Get fucked, sjw.

>>31094050
That and the 2 arrests
>>
>>31094115
>2 arrests
What are those for?
>>
File: h.png (899KB, 956x673px) Image search: [Google]
h.png
899KB, 956x673px
>>31091792
>leave for bct in a few weeks
>gf is pregnant

what do i fuckin do
>>
>>31094174
You posted this in the last thread.
Theres nothing you can do you dumb nigger now eat shit.
>>
>>31094189
Turn that trip off faggot you arent even in yet
>>
>>31094174
get her to admit she's a liar
>>
File: 1458186369330.jpg (30KB, 320x416px) Image search: [Google]
1458186369330.jpg
30KB, 320x416px
what would be a good first base for someone going into comm?
I'm looking at ft. Carson CO, or Lewis-Mcchord WA.
Anyone know if these are good assignments?
>>
>>31094174
There's some natural herbs you can make into teas that would induce abortions
>>
File: shithook.jpg (315KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
shithook.jpg
315KB, 1024x683px
looking for more info
reposting from last thread

anyone have experience with Army Technical Warrant Officers? especially in the Aviation field? im 15u and im very curious about this option in the future
>>
>>31094268
Yes
>>
>>31092270
Shoe color should also match belt color. I know it goes without saying but if he stupid enough to ask what to wear then he probably doesn't know
>>
Is it still possible to volunteer for rasp at 68w ait?
>>
>>31093646
>Those 10v10 tacticals though
>>
File: operator 19.jpg (451KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
operator 19.jpg
451KB, 2048x1360px
>>31091792
is 25 too old to go into the army as an officer? Like... will it be hard to potentially get a shot at SOF units (Ranger bat, SF, PSYOPS, Civil Affairs)? I know you have to do some time in first.
>>
>>31094745
Go in as enlisted than become an officer later if you want to. Dont let your dreams be memes anon
>>
Any Tankers here? I'm just wondering what kinda ASVAB score you need and would training be just for one vehicle platform or does it encompass IFV's and APC's
>>
>>31094763
why do this if i could go right in as an officer. This doesnt answer my question... lol. Is 25 too old
>>
>>31094832
No, 35 is too old to start.

>>31094664
Yeah, like i said, not joining the young Republicans.
>>
>>31094772

87 on the CO line score

which is easy as fuck
tankers work with the Abrams enjoy being a loader or driver for 4 years, but not actually doing anything tank related other than motor pool and mechanic
>>
>>31094832
Not sure man, im saying if it is dont give up thats all.
>>
>>31093437
>80 push ups required for Air Force
Am I being rused?
>>
>>31094864
What I mean moreso, is 25 too old to join as an officer and have a meaningful enough career and I will have enough time to make it to selection for any of those SOF units i previously posted
>>
>>31094946

Age limit for SF is 30 so you aren't too old but you don't have much time if you want to do it as an officer.
>>
>>31094994
what do you mean I dont have much time? Like not a lot of time to work on a team?
>>
>>31095009
Holy fuck, you are one dumb mother fucker, and that's comming from the guy that doesn't know what to wear.
>>
>>31095009

As in it'll probably take a year to commission, then 2-3 years for your year group to get their one shot at applying for SF. If that's something you want to try for, you need to be getting started now.
>>
>>31095085
k

>>31095199
Awesome. Thank you
>>
>>31092306
Is 150 lbs really considered skelly. I used to be 117 but then I started lifting and eating more about a year ago. Thought I was out of skelly territory because I'm only 5'7 and the ideal BMI cut off is 165 or so lbs for my height
>>
>>31095246
>150 lbs really considered skelly
For a grown ass man hell ya. That BMI shit is nonsense that doesnt mean anything. Muscle is heavy, plenty of guys on my ship weighed over 200lbs and had to get taped every time but they were pure muscle so the passed.
>>
File: aimhigh.jpg (33KB, 627x394px) Image search: [Google]
aimhigh.jpg
33KB, 627x394px
>>31094905
Yes unless PJ or something
>>
>>31093511
Across your chest in an x, and they are not allowed to leave the chest, and you are not allowed to grab the shirt either.
Some people call the AF situp a crunch, others think it is a normal situp.
>>
>>31095246
Reminder that the military loves skelly. They'll take someone who can run over someone who can lift any day.
>>
So, for a long time I wanted to be an officer. However, as I got older I found myself wanting to join the enlisted more. I don't want my career to suddenly progress into an office when I feel I want it to progress into an NCO position where I can still lead snd be with my men.

I told friends and family that I can be an officer later in my career if I wish, but the all say I am missing out on college by not doing it now or that I'd be more respected, educated, and rich going officer. What do?

>Tl;dr
I plan on being 11B, family want me to be officer but I want to start enlisted.
>>
>>31095557
If you don't think NCOs ride desks too, you've got another thing coming.
>>
>>31093437
how fucking hard is it to google something you inept retard
>>
>>31095557
>officer
>respected

lol yeah right. People are more polite toward officers, but enlisted superiors are MUCH more respected.
>>
>>31095552
>They'll take someone who can run over someone who can lift any day.
They take everyone anyway what are you even talking about?
>>
What is my weight
>>
>>31095731
you fat
>>
>>31095704
>Implying standards aren't the highest they have ever been for the US military.

They don't need people when they're drawing down outside of a few fields.
>>
>>31095636
I know they can, but I honestly want my best shot at staying out of an office and in the field.

I know I can become an officer later on, though I don't have a good feel about how hard that transition is.

>>31095696
People tell me the respect NCO->Officer more than those that go straight into it, but idk man.
>>
>>31095753
I agree, but even still the standards are insanely low.
Think about it
You cant have a criminal record, wow thats asking so much.
50ish push ups and situps and a 7-8min mile pace, wow again so fast.
It isnt that hard at all to get into the military bro. As long as you arent literally retarded, a felon, or morbidly obese youre probably fine.
>>
>>31095696

You've obviously never been in a technical field. SNCOs and officers alike are seen as the ones who can't make it outside. WOs get respect though.
>>
>>31092730
I rmeember the sticky on /fit/ spoke about doing light bulking and cutting or lean gains. I've been doing that very slowly gaining the weight over time. I guess I'll just eat at maintenance

How long would it take to advance to some not shit weights? I know once I go to training I won't be able to lift weights so bye bye gains.
>>
>>31095933
Bulking and cutting is a meme. But either way what its meant for is serious lifters who have ben lifting for a while and can no long make natty gains the normal way.
When you are still a novice lifter as long as you dont have a hormonal problem or some shit gains should come easily in the beginning no matter what you are eating.
>How long would it take to advance to some not shit weights?
Well you should always be able to hit 1/2/3/4 in 1 year, again assuming you dont have low test or are on a completely shit program.
>>
>>31095971
I'm just not consistent with going to the gym for at least a year. Always tired too goddamn and excuses get in the way. I'll just suddenly focus on just running then shift to just lifting

shieet that feels so far away, though I am at the highest lifts I've ever been
I wonder if low test is actually a thing. Probably disqualifying though so won't check on that
>>
>>31095557
If you have the qualifications, go for a commission.

There really isn't a reason to do otherwise.
>>
>>31096009
>I wonder if low test is actually a thing
Well it definitely is a real thing, you may not have it though.
>I'm just not consistent
Well thats the trick, once you start just dont stop.
If you are just trying to get into the mil, you dont need to be that strong as ive said, you just need to be able to do pushups and situps well.
That doesnt mean you are strong cause usually people who are very thin can do alot considering they have less weight to move. I remember this little philipino dude on my ship weighed like 120lbs no lie and he could do loads of pushups but was weak as all hell overall.
At the end of the day it depends what your trying to do.
>>
>>31094559
do intel deployments/ first stations go in cycles? it seems like every class that graduates has a specific place they're going. korea, germany, italy, meade hood or gordon seem like the only places we get sent to from my school, in rotation. any idea? out of those bases, which would be better for someone trying to go tac, not strat? is airborne worth getting in intel?
>>
>>31094905
more like 30
>>
>>31096041
Deadlifts are my favorite thing
But I know I should focus on maxing the pft for the navy or marines.
Once I'm in I'd rather focus on lifting weights and getting ready for those ultramarathons, that shit seems cool
>>
>>31096079
>Deadlifts are my favorite thing
Ya theyre a good time, whats your max i forget?

What your timeline, when are you going in? You are becoming a SWO right?
>>
File: 1469667759786.jpg (27KB, 296x341px) Image search: [Google]
1469667759786.jpg
27KB, 296x341px
Is it possible to guarantee loadmaster in my air force contract? That's pretty much the only thing i want, and i don't want to do something i hate for 4 years.
>>
>>31096166
loadmaster is pretty competitive because a lot of people want it
>>
At what exact point in the enlistment process have you signed away your life? Is it when you sign the contract at MEPS?

I don't intend to back out, but I want to know at what point it is no longer an option, so that I'll have considered the decision long and hard beforehand.
>>
>>31096049

They don't follow a strict cycle, but it does end up working out like that pretty often.

Hood is a shitshow but definitely FORSCOM. Italy has a tactical unit as well.

You definitely want airborne if you want to be tactical. Strat units generally don't bother with it.
>>
>>31096305

There's never a point where you can't back out, the consequences just keep ramping up. The biggest "point of no return" is going to be when you actually go to MEPS, stay the night at the hotel, and leave for training in the morning. You're officially "in" once you arrive at training, and leaving at that point means you have to discharge from the military in some fashion (as opposed to just being a DEP drop).
>>
AFag, can answer questions if anyone's interested. 4 1/2 years in, SrA with a line for SSgt.
>>
File: 1471876131782.jpg (161KB, 478x689px) Image search: [Google]
1471876131782.jpg
161KB, 478x689px
>>31096231
Is there a way to make my self more desirable to the air force, in order to increase my chances of getting loadmaster?
>>
>>31093646
Go for it
>>
>>31096324
>The biggest "point of no return" is going to be when you actually go to MEPS, stay the night at the hotel, and leave for training in the morning.
Are there any consequences for dropping out before that point, other than your recruiter not being very pleased with you?
>>
>>31096565
When I was going in this chick just ditched and wouldn't get on the plane. Recruiter was pissed, but nothing happened to her.
>>
>>31091792
what is the Service contract length for a
31A and 35A
>>
I fucking love military stories on /k/ I noticed one guy talking about his time in the middle east talking about this NCO, like he took some elements of what people know about the guy and crafted it to make it sound like he's a total asshole. I can see why he doesn't like the guy because I've been smoked by him too. I mean you got to be an unbelievable fuckup to get smoked by the guy but I wouldn't of even recognized it was the same person if the NCO hadn't told me the story this guy was talking about in a different way. Really small world.
>>
>>31096565

"Your recruiter not being very pleased with you" is pretty much it. They're entirely within their rights to blackball you, though. Recruiters are not obligated to work with recruits, especially if they've proven unreliable. They could refuse to work with you at that point, as well as telling the other local recruiters not to work with you.

Some of them will try to tell you that they will forever brand you as a "DEP drop" and you'll be disqualified from joining. That's not true, although, again, other recruiters can see that you've backed out before and decide not to waste their time.
>>
What happens if you're in special forces and right before you're about to go out on an op and you get the ole spicy bottom?
Do they have a minor league they can call a guy up for the night? Or do they wait for you to get better?
>>
>>31096634
English motherfucker, do you speak it
>>
File: 1467786621240.png (571KB, 626x510px) Image search: [Google]
1467786621240.png
571KB, 626x510px
>took allergy tests
>waited a whole month for appointment
>gave papers to my recruiter
>I'm all clear since nothing is anaphylactic or even close to it, just slight irritation to shellfish
>They set me to go to meps next week
>Am clear to go on submarine duty
>85 AFQT and will probably auto qualify for nuke
>>
>>31097620
>get super drunk with friends before meps
>show up for ASVAB hangover as fuck
>still get a 93
Kys if you get below 90.
>>
I got a 60 on the assfab

Am I retarded
>>
>>31097620
>wanting to be on a nuke
You got tricked, son. Nukes fucking sucks.
>>
>>31097765
don't they do an breathalyzer test when you get there?
>>
>>31097787
No. Before you ship, yes.
>>
>>31097620
Why do you think they hype nuke up so much?
Because it fucking sucks don't do it retard.
>>
File: Barry's daughter.jpg (150KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Barry's daughter.jpg
150KB, 720x960px
>>31097781
Yes. And you went to a shitty school I can't imagine how anyone who actually graduated high school in a first world country could get under 80.
>>
>>31097781
average is like 80. Congrats you double digit iq little bitch
>>
>>31097783
That's why its good. If I wanted easy why would I go into the military?
>>
>>31097793
but they did a breathalyzer test when I went to Fort Jackson in May.

Also, my bff is a nuke and he says it is horrible, so, gg.
>>31097781
yes.
>>
>>31097787
If you are doing the physical yes, ASVAB no.
>>
>>31097813
It doesn't "ohhh this is too challenging" suck.
It "holy shit I haven't seen the sun for 8 months and im breathing in refreshened farts with every inhalation."
Also if you try to kill yourself they secure you to your work station and baby proof everything. Not even death can save you if you go nuke
>>
>>31097824
>>31097811
>>31097806
You don't need to be a mathematician to be cannon fodder
>>
>>31097806
I thought so too but I guess it's normal. My recruiter was telling me about a recruit who got a 13.

A fucking 13.

Who is that dumb? How did she even know how to open the door to his office?
>>
>>31097847
The only people in danger in the navy are NSW people, seabees, corpsmen, CTI's in certain spec duties, and subs
>>
>>31097847
his question was if he was retarded or not, not if he would make make good cannon fodder.

but the answer is yes to both.
>>
>>31097867
> navy

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>31097843
Have you been a nuke? where do you get this from?
My current recruiter hasn't forced any of it on me but said its a good option. He was a nuke on a sub for a long time and is going to retire soon.

What job would you recommend instead then.
>>
File: 1446443762808-0.png (362KB, 523x592px) Image search: [Google]
1446443762808-0.png
362KB, 523x592px
>Get 85
>All my recruiters tell me I'm smart
>I have one of the highest scores of the current enlistees
>Go to MEPS
>One of the highest at MEPS
>People ask me what my score is and then act shocked when I tell them I'm going infantry

To be fair most of them were niggers and spics though. That's Sac MEPS for you.
>>
>>31097781
Supposedly 50 is average. If that's true humanity makes me sad.

I was out of school for three years working as a fry cook and I got an 83.
>>
>>31096101
Nope an Information professional, whatever that is
max is only 250 right now, no idea when i ship out maybe october or november
>>
>>31097865
I went to a ghetto fucking high school and got good score. My recruiters were telling me how me about how I'm going to be the second person from my school to ship. There was this other chick who made it. Every one else either couldn't pass the asvab, they got like 5s. Or they got into illegal shit before they shipped out and were dq'd.
>>
File: 1355739283325.jpg (237KB, 1100x1380px) Image search: [Google]
1355739283325.jpg
237KB, 1100x1380px
>>31097888
Forgot to mention. I do not believe 85 is smart. My entire point was supposed to be how dumb everyone else was if I was one of the highest.
>>
>>31097878
Hey bud if you think the "navy is gay" meme is real then go to RTC and see for yourself. This gay kid got bullied by RDCs until he told medical he wanted to off himself. Navy has no time for flamers.

>>31097883
Im in the navy. Nuke fucking sucks man don't do it.
>>
Hey armyFAGS

If your mos doesn't have a 1 in it you might as well kill yourself
>>
>>31097908
this.
I had a butch lesbian rdc who screamed at this one guy saying "I bet my fucking wife is more man than you'll ever be"
Kid got discharged a day before graduation for chronic bedwetting
>>
>>31097970
That's stupid. You're stupid.
>>
>>31097892
50 is median. It's a percentile.
>>
>>31098062
Well 50 is still TECHNICALLY average.
>>
>>31097892
>>31098062
a lot of kids bomb the test so they don't get bugged by recruiters
a lot are just genuinely dumb
half the population is under 100IQ
>>
File: IT1 nigger.jpg (3MB, 2260x3390px) Image search: [Google]
IT1 nigger.jpg
3MB, 2260x3390px
>>31098070
Median and average are different things.
>>
>>31098095
Yeah. I know. Average is the middle of the range 1-99 in this case and median is number in the range with the most results. The way the ASVAB is structured makes the Average and the Median the same number.
>>
I enlisted and they said my trade was full.
What's the chances they contact me before the year is up?
I want to fucking go.
My scores were "competitive". I want to fucking do something.
>>
When do the new green camo uniform for the navy roll out?
>>
>>31096665
Suck it up buttercup
>>
Stupid question time

What happens if you catch a serious flu during BCT?

Or worse, @ RASP/SFAS/Ranger School, etc? (something extremely significant and physically demanding)
>>
>>31101110
Day zero'ed/re-cycled maybe?
>>
>>31096308
but is airborne necessary for tactical?
>>
I wanna cross rate to CTN. What factors will affect my ability to do so? What can I do to improve my chances?
>>
>>31102279
>are you smart enough
>Can you get the clearance
>Are your evals good
What rate are you
>>
>>31102312

>EM
>first eval EP
>99 ASVAB
>>
>>31102370
Well assuming you arent lying than i dont see why cross rating would be a problem. EMs are usually overmanned and CTNs are always undermanned.
Can you get the clearance no problem though?
>>
File: ASVAB.png (22KB, 791x438px) Image search: [Google]
ASVAB.png
22KB, 791x438px
>>31102400

I have SECRET right now. I had a few speeding tickets over the last 10 years (all paid off) no crime, credit is pretty good. I'm not sure all what getting a TS entails so I can't properly answer you.
>>
>>31102476
If youre an EM why do you have a clearance? Also why the fuck did you become an EM in the first place???
Wait you just joined? Are you even at a ship yet?
>>
>>31102516

Not sure why, but I was going nuke. I signed on EM to get in the Navy and then they were gonna pass up the rest of my paper work to try and get me out ASAP. But then they fudged it up and I decided to ship out as an EM and cross or go officer. I kept hearing bad things and asking advice about the nuke lifestyle and the extension in DEP was going to be lengthy.

I did ask about Intel and CTx but the detailer was like "well thats gonna be a lot more paper work and you are going nuke anyways".
>>
>>31102557
OK well nuke sucks so good thing you avoided it but CTN is a god tier rate. However again where are you atm? Still at A school or are you at your ship? Cause you cant even cross rate until your first enlistment is up man so you got a long time to wait.
>>
>>31102570

Yeah I am on my first ship right now. Yokosuka. Taking EM3 on the 15th. I heard you can cross within 24 months at your command and 18 months if they like you and the situation is right though.
>>
>>31102570
Not the anon your replying to but, What do CTNs do anyway?
>>
>>31102589

Anon wanting to go CTN. They are Cyptological technicians that operate on networks.

One of my best buds in BECC A school in Glakes was a CTN drop out. He can't talk a lot about what he learned or did. I mean the fundamentals you learn aren't TS or anything but the actual job is very sensitive.

Need to be escorted around the school if you don't have a TS clearance as well.
>>
>>31102589
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/crypto_it/Pages/CTN.aspx
Literally the best intel rate in the whole military.
Its super tough so very undermanned which means fast as fuck advancement, big re-enlistment bonuses and great schools. Never go on ships cause they can only work out of super spoopy intel bases.

>>31102587
>Yokosuka. Taking EM3 on the 15th
NIce
>>31102587
>I heard you can cross within 24 months at your command and 18 months if they like you and the situation is right though.
Well like you said that situation might have to be perfect and the stars dont usually align. The way i knew it was the navy payed you for 4 years basically, so they want those 4 years out of you. When you are up for re-enlistment you can cross but it may have changed. Id just say talk to your ships career counselor asap. Theyll be the ones helping you eventually so you might as well start that convo now.
>>
>>31102610

My NC1 has been impossible to get a hold of lately but I'll keep knocking at his office and ask senior to e-mail him.
>>
>>31102742
>e-mail him.
Literally the best way. You need proof that you are trying to get in contact with him so 6 months from now he cant say he never heard from you. Also if you email him yourself CC your first class so NC1 knows people are watching his ass. Gotta play the game man. BTW what ship you on?
>>
>>31102766

Got it. CG-62. About to deuce out for 2.5 months and then dry dock for 10 month.
>>
>>31102794
Damn that sounds super fucking chill. Oh ya are you that anon who only has like 2 people in his workcenter?
Hopefully you guys hit a few sweet ports for that 2.5 shorty deploy and that dry dock period should be cake as fuck but who knows.
>>
File: 1471698923133.png (710KB, 634x737px) Image search: [Google]
1471698923133.png
710KB, 634x737px
Germanfag here who wants to enter the Chairforce

In the eyes of the american legal system I don't even have a high school diploma so I'm currently working to get my TRIGGER WARNING: GED.

I'm aiming to get a 3D job but I'm assuming that's going to be very difficult with a GED, any advice? College is too expensive for me right now. Almost barely struggling to pay for my house's rent.
>>
>>31102810

Yup. lol.
>>
>>31102946
Word well all i can say is good luck man, make sure you start the process asap cause tends thing to move very slow in the military plus you have to assume your paperwork will get lost at a bare minimum of once most likely twice. Also id say utilize that 10 months in dry dock. Take some online classes or work out alot or something. basically use that time to improve yourself. Maybe take a bunch of computer classes to help with CTN school in a way.
>>
>>31102968

Appreciate it man. I'll be here on /meg/ and /k/ so I'll keep updates for sure
>>
>>31094745

Info widely available on the Internet should not be asked here. 30 is the army age limit for officers. I assume the reason the other guy recommended enlisting is because people who want to join SOF typically want to be in the field; officers only get a bit of that.

Getting into sof is hard for enlisted. They take less officers than enlisted.You do the math.
>>
>>31103259
Spot on, too many basic ass questions are asked here. people need to do some research on their own first then come here to clarify and sift through the bullshit. This thread is not for spoon feeding.
>>
i can only do 30 pushups and situps and my mile is 9-10 minutes

how fucked am i for army bct
>>
>>31103339
More importantly, how long until you ship?
>>
>>31103448
13 days
>>
I'm enlisting in the Army soon, just took the ASVAB and got a 75 percentile score. Slightly above 110 on all the composite scores.
I was thinking of going in for Ranger training, but I'm worried about the physical. I'm a pack-and-a-half a day smoker, and I'm decently fit, but my stamina/cardio is shit. Planning on quitting as soon as I actually sign my contract and getting a vape, but will my lack of stamina hinder me from passing the APFT with good enough scores? And if so, I know this isn't /fit/, but can anyone recommend some good ways to build up cardio pretty quickly so I don't end up being a miserable failure?
>>
>>31103457
Oh Fug. Well, there's not much you can do except do them/run everyday and increase to at least the minimum requirements
>>
>>31103459
What's your backup in case you can't cut it for ranger? 11B?
>>
>>31103503
Yes
>>
File: 1470685710780.jpg (2MB, 4268x3100px) Image search: [Google]
1470685710780.jpg
2MB, 4268x3100px
>>31103490
wrong
>>31103339
>>31103457
You literally cant do anything, you are going to try and condense 4 months of prep you should have been doing down into 13 days and you are going to fuck your shit up. End of story.

>>31103459
>>31103518
Couch to 5 K, look it up and pic realted is a visual of it. Its a time tested program that works. Do it and ignore what ever meme bullshit someone is about to spout to you.
>>
>>31103595
does the 100 pushup challenge actually work?
>>
File: massachusetts-national-guard.jpg (49KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
massachusetts-national-guard.jpg
49KB, 300x225px
Masshole here. I want to join the National Guard. I've got a good career and own nice property on the South Shore, so that's why I'm not jumping on Active. Plus I'm 29.

Either way, I've got a solid resume and a 300 APFT. My recruiter is saying that I should really apply for OCS, since I have a college degree and managerial background. I did some research though, and 2 years of traditional OCS on weekends sound absolutely awful.

I had initially walked in thinking I would go 11B.

Thoughts? I don't have any friends or anything in the Guard so I don't have any guidance besides my recruiter.
>>
File: 1463005548895.png (388KB, 1038x1864px) Image search: [Google]
1463005548895.png
388KB, 1038x1864px
>>31103612
ya, its nothing fancy just standard linear progression, this EOD workout is very similar.
>>
>>31094745
I joined at 25, did basic, OCS and BOLC then off to my line unit. 29 now and just got picked up for Captain.

You're not too old if you're healthy. Just expect to work a little harder than the 22 year old ROTC/West Pointers. I passed up on high speed shit earlier this year because I'd rather enjoy being married.

You need to make it about 3 years before you can drop a special dude packet. Don't worry about that shit. Just get in and do your job and make the most of whatever your duty is. Never base your life on something with a 75% attrition rate.
>>
Should I get prk before basic? I know you can get it after AIT but I'd rather have it done so there's nothing getting in my way. I'm extremely short sighted.
>>
>>31103954
I got ICL on the Army's dime. Get the military to do it so you're covered if anything gets fucked up. They don't pay for any complications they don't cause.
>>
Is it common for recruitment centers these days to be appointment only? I live in a major metropolitan area and both places I've tried were dead.
>>
What are the trade offs of getting an Airborne slot as an 11X versus going into a leg (line?) unit? As I understand it the main differences are:

- Airborne units are typically higher speed and are deployed more often, but also have more bullshit to deal with (particularly the 82nd)
- Airborne units have worse garrisons (Alaska and NC unless you're lucky enough to get the 173rd in Italy), whereas leg units are more likely to be stationed overseas, or at least have more desirable CONUS bases.
- Airborne units send more people through the SF and Ranger pipelines
- Airborne units have a greater likelihood of a career-ending injury given the nature of light-infantry units and jumping out of perfectly good airplanes.

I ask because I have the option of shipping off to OSUT without Airborne in my contract or waiting for the new fiscal year to start but possibly not shipping off for a couple of months after that.
>>
>>31103595
Is the info graphic an actual guide or a generalization?
>>
>>31104935
Did you read what i wrote?
Its a real guide. Look up COUCH TOO 5 K
The first pic is just a visual representation of that plan. It is a treid and true beginner running program.
The 2nd pic is the same thing of the 10k program.
And again the 3rd one is just a typical linear progression. See >>31103657
that pic is very similar.
Understand?
>>
>>31104987
Yeah thanks
The weeb stuff through me off
>>
I'm 6'4". How badly will I not fit in a submarine. (Yes I know the sub force is awful)
>>
>>31105012
Ya i figured, i think they just included that to make the weebs more comfortable honestly. But again you can google those programs cause they are real and weeb free.

>>31105043
Why does it matter? You should be avoiding subs at all costs. This isnt some meme, they suck.
>>
File: 1428414033784.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1428414033784.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>31105012
>through
>>
Any Navy EM's here? How is it?
>>
>>31105078
Gay dont do it, there are better engineering rates if your heart is set on engineering.
>>
>>31105147
Why is it bad? I want to be an electrician once my 4 years are up and figured this would be the best rate to get into the trade.
>>
>>31104567
>- Airborne units are typically higher speed

Arguable

>are deployed more often

Not true

>but also have more bullshit to deal with (particularly the 82nd)

True

>- Airborne units have worse garrisons (Alaska and NC unless you're lucky enough to get the 173rd in Italy), whereas leg units are more likely to be stationed overseas, or at least have more desirable CONUS bases.

I wouldn't say that it's good vs. bad. There are terrible leg stations (Riley, Drum, Polk, literally everything in Texas) It's about options. There are drastically more options available for legs. Airborne qualified personnel can be assigned to non-airborne units, but career managers don't like doing it because they have a limited number of people to work with.

>- Airborne units send more people through the SF and Ranger pipelines

I've never heard anything like this. It's more likely to be the other way around - people end up in airborne units after failing out of 'cooler' pipelines.

>- Airborne units have a greater likelihood of a career-ending injury given the nature of light-infantry units and jumping out of perfectly good airplanes.

True-ish.

Even if you don't get a career-ending injury, you are likely to be completely fucked up by the end of your career.

>I ask because I have the option of shipping off to OSUT without Airborne in my contract or waiting for the new fiscal year to start but possibly not shipping off for a couple of months after that.

It's really up to you. How important is a certain patch or bit of bling on your chest to you?

Personally, I don't get it... but then I don't understand why people join the Marine Corps either.
>>
If I already have a stable job where I make good money, how stupid of an idea would it be to join army/marine reserves?
>>
>>31092169
>I will never wear a tie
I really need to see you telling your drill that.
>>
>>31105169
Well if thats your plan then i understand but if you planned on staying in it sucks.
Low advancement and just in general very tough and thankless work than get get boring very quickly.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/surface_engineering/Pages/Electrician%27sMate.aspx

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/surface_engineering/Documents/EM.pdf

Look at the link above, they are overmanned as is and the advancement sucks ass.
>>
>>31092271
Go to fit and read the sticky because you need some basic education on how fitness works.

Ignore the fuck out of the rest of that board though.
>>
>>31105214
Hey 48G youre an officer right? Youll probably be able to help me, does the army have any site like
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/surface_engineering/Pages/Electrician%27sMate.aspx
where it shows breakdowns like this
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/surface_engineering/Documents/EM.pdf
where you can see a MOS's advancement and manning and stuff like that? Where it is very detailed and has stats?
>>
Are there any intel jobs that are permanently stationed on a fast attack sub?
Kinda specific but it wont be something I'd want to do if I would only get to be on a sub for six months out of four years.
>>
>>31105253
Thank you for the answer. I think I'll stick with it though. I might bust my ass for 4 years but I'll learn a lot that will help me later on. Plus I'll be able to get my apprenticeship hours through USMAPS.
>>
>>31105411
As long as you are 100% sure you are getting out then ya its a fine plan. Heaven help you if you decide to stay in though.

>>31105342
Subs are horrible you dont want to be on one.
>>
>>31105169
The best way to become an electrician is start doing it in the real world. Protip: the military works to military standards, not state's building codes. You'll learn to do things the military way and have to relearn it for the real world way.

Get in with a union to get all the training benefits. Call up your local community college and speak to the bursar for programs that might pay for it, etc.
>>
>>31105438
>Subs are horrible you dont want to be on one.
Well I'm not looking for a cushy job why would I be in the military then?
Deployed infantry would be infinitely worse in my opinion.
>>
>>31104567
>- Airborne units are typically higher speed and are deployed more often, but also have more bullshit to deal with (particularly the 82nd)
Don't fall into the "high speed" memery. What it mainly translates to is spending a lot of time in boring, shitty schools to do one task that takes like 20 minutes to do and you have to wait all day to do it that one time once every other month. As for the deployment tempo...eh, that really depends. You can't really say much of anything about Optempo at the division level. If you're really interested, google up "army unit operational tempo" and there's a bunch of reading.
>- Airborne units have worse garrisons (Alaska and NC unless you're lucky enough to get the 173rd in Italy), whereas leg units are more likely to be stationed overseas, or at least have more desirable CONUS bases.
Homie, every base is shit. Some are just worse shit than other shit.
>- Airborne units send more people through the SF and Ranger pipelines
I second 48G's response here. As someone who spent all of his time on Ft. Bragg after I finished training, the 82nd is full of washouts from SF testing/training. The 82nd is also one of the more annoying units that I ever had to spend time around.
>- Airborne units have a greater likelihood of a career-ending injury given the nature of light-infantry units and jumping out of perfectly good airplanes.
Well, my back and ankles are fucked. It's also a lot easier than you think to get injured in such a way that you fuck your career in just about any job. Hell, even REMFs sometimes get an NCO or XO with a hair up his ass to be high speed and starts having their unit do things like litter carry runs. Want to talk about fucked ankles and knees? Have fun stepping in a hole while running and carrying someone on a litter.
>>
>>31105515
You dont understand.
There are jobs and units that are tough because the work is important and it needs doing. Then there are things that are just shitty and reap no rewards and have no purpose. Subs is the latter. Its not an enjoyable shitty its a pointless shitty. There is no benefit and you will hate it. Im not saying take a "cushy" job im saying dont intentionally subject yourself to a shitty situation.
>>
File: 184.jpg (142KB, 799x532px) Image search: [Google]
184.jpg
142KB, 799x532px
Does having been diagnosed with depression disbar me from enlisting in the US? My recruiter abruptly ended our conversation after I mentioned it and I had just gotten a 96/99 on their little test.
>>
>>31105632
The military is literally the last place you want to be. You know that whole "tear you down and build you back up" thing?

There's no real building back up. It's a constant shitshow of people fucking with you. You can either take it or you can't.
>>
>>31105632
dumbass
>>31105342
dumbass
>>31105223
dumbass
>>31097781
dumbass
>>31097620
dumbass
>>31094174
dumbass
>>31094189
dumbass
>>31091885
same dumbass
>>
>>31105653
Strangely enough that's the kind of environment I work well in. It's when I don't have an external source to struggle against that I fuck with myself. I suffer from depression, but I'm not some kind of fucking pussy.
>>
File: 1470176310943.png (21KB, 495x791px) Image search: [Google]
1470176310943.png
21KB, 495x791px
Guess who has two thumbs and just went to MEPS to get a consult that the MEPS doctors didn't even want.
>>
>>31105698
Man that's fine, but perfectly balanced folks wind up hurting themselves or others all the time with a little push. You're a huge risk and in a shrinking military that risk isn't worth the reward to them.
>>
File: 21331.jpg (545KB, 2500x1656px) Image search: [Google]
21331.jpg
545KB, 2500x1656px
I apologize in advance for driving you guys nuts in this threads
any army OCS officers here do you have to serve anymore beyond the 3 years required by your adso. I intend to not take on any incentive contracts or offers nor any branch were I would incur ADSO as dictated by ar350-100. Do any of the other branches indenture you beyond that three years obligation. I have no intention of serving active duty beyond those three years
>>
>>31105653
Really depends on your branch, job, and where you end up. Different branches/jobs attract different types of people.
>>
>>31106219
I'm pretty sure that the same is true for officers as it is for enlisted: you cannot sign up for less than an 8 year term.

Since they're cutting back, you almost definitely won't get stop-lossed past your active term, but barring certain flavors of discharge you're still on the hook to be called back up at any time (for more information, google up "individual ready reserve commissioned officer").

If you're not taking benes, why do it?
>>
>>31101110
In basic, you're probably fine. I had to go to urgent care in basic and spent 3 days in quarters with no issues (though I was absolutely terrified at the time). In rasp or something, instant recycle with any kind of profile.
>>
>>31106562
I only intend to do 3 year active and the rest in the CT Guard, I want to be a police officer and only way to do that is with military experience
>>
>>31106688
>only way to do that is with military experience
Vet preference is only something like five points almost anywhere.

There are easier ways to get to where you want to go, especially since you seem so against being in the military.

Shit, get some grants and get an associates in criminal justice.
>>
>>31106724
I am not against the military I just realize what I wanted out of life, I love my family and don't want to leave them alone for to long, I thought I might be a lifer do 20 but I cant, I have an accounting degree and the last 5 years told myself to try for but talking to my grandfather and looking at police they look a lot more appealing
>>
>>31106724
veterans only make police really here in ct and I need more experience
>>
Heading to MEPS to swear the oath on the 8th, looks like I'll be shipping to Cape May on Nov. 15th. I can't fucking wait.
>>
>>31106763
it pays godly to be an officer.

You pretty much become an aristocrat if you stay in long enough
>>
>>31107769
and if you're a politically inclined person, perhaps a military history can help you run for public office
>>
how do i join the naval seals?
>>
>>31107797
Buy the cutest pupper you can find
take it to the recruiting station
rip its throat out with your teeth
throw on station commander's desk
snap to attention and bark out OOOOOORAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
>>
so i'm supposed to go in for my interview tomorrow but my recruiter was gonna call and tell me what time.

he never called me, what do?
>>
Bump for America's Navy.
>>
what are some things i can do in my favor to help me secure a waiver. a possession charge that was thrown out of court because i was not at fault but shows up nonetheless. i already took my asvab and scored a 79. Line scores above 150. recruiter says i should be fine as they need high scoring recruits who are not looking for jobs with a security clearance but i cant help but be nervous as fuck. i have some decent reference letters from former military and police if that helps
>>
>>31107891
Call him.
>>
>>31107922
that should be enough
>>
What do I choose in the navy to be as hardcore as possible. excluding seals.
>>
>>31106219
>>31106688

Can't wait to hear the stories of the dudes in your platoon who are serving under an officer who is doing their best to do as little as possible.

Just enlist. You aren't cut out to lead soldiers. Joe deserves better than an "I'm just here so I can go be a cop" LT.
>>
>>31106724

Vet preference is nothing for most recent vets. You have to deploy or be disabled, which is by far the minority lately.
>>
>>31107962
EOD/SWCC
Diver
>>
>>31105061
I really don't see how submarine life could be *substantially* worse than boat life.

I can deal with cramped living just fine.
>>
>>31107962
naval seals group 6
>>
File: 1471826677205-mu.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1471826677205-mu.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
Fill me in on on 2-15th 10th mountain
Im a 13B fresh out of AIT and heading there for my first duty station
>>
>>31108317
mountains n shit
>>
>>31108326
Do Marines get to travel much? I imagine it varies a lot depending on our MOS.

My Navy recruiter wasn't in when I swung by yesterday, ended up chatting with the Marine recruiter instead.

I was looking at Navy Machinist's mate, but I'm not totally sold on it yet.
>>
>>31107891

Don't join.
>>
How often do you guys get laid while in port?
What ports have the best pussy?
>>
File: IMG_2733.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2733.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
This is going to be a typical "Will I be DQ'ed?" question.

When I was 14 I got a disorderly conduct for handing out offensive flyers at a public event

>"Join the Jewish Rebellion, down with the Christian Swine!"

It was actually pretty funny looking back but a Jewish couple called the cops on us and yelled at us "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IS HAPPENING IN ISRAEL!?"

Either way, moving on.

22 years old I get an open container for drinking out of a solo cup on the lawn at a house party.

Also 22 I get a disorderly conduct for peeing in a bar parking lot.

Last, 22 I get a public intoxication. I flagged a cop car down and asked if they could give me a quick ride home. I was not a very clever man. It got expunged when I did a weekend of community service.

Besides the 14 year old one, all these happened my Senior year of college which is why I was drinking so much, to be honest.

I'm 29 now. I walked in the recruiter's office for the National Guard and he's been like "College degree? Solid career and resume? OCS for you!"

I explained the charges and he literally told me to shut up, that stuff isn't a big deal, it happened forever ago and even it were to come up no one would care.

I'm just a little confused. My NG has a SF unit I'd like to try out for as well.

TL;DR - I have minor drinking-related offenses from 7 years ago when I was in college. Nothing since. Recruiter says they aren't worth mentioning. I hope to go Officer or REP-63. Since those are sensitive positions, should I ignore my recruiter and disclose this info, or will I be DQ'd?
>>
>>31107769
True but u ever realize u want to be their when the two people you love the most go, I always wanted to serve, then it dawned on me they mean more then I ever realized
>>
>>31106910
when do you find out when you ship out. im supposed to set a date to go to MEPS but idk when i would be leaving for basic
>>
>>31092128
did you swallow a garth brooks cd? kill yourself
>>
>>31108000
I know what I am doing in terms service to my country, besides I will do my up most for my men for the three years I serve they come first not me
>>
>>31109011
That stuff shouldn't really matter, especially if you get good letters of recommendation. That said, you've missed the boat on being an SF officer. By the time your tea group would be up, you'd be at least 32 and they're not doing much for waivers in a shrinking military. You might still have time to go NCO on an 18X contract or get in and immediately go to selection but you need to get your ass in gear.
>>
>>31109274

Okay got it. Well what if I wanted to grab the Guard's version of the 18x contract, REP-63? Would this stuff DQ me from it?
>>
>>31109120
would really like an answer to this. im supposed to go to MEPS to get a physical and swear an oath but i have no idea when i would leave for basic, and as for an MOS my recruiter said i find that out after i swear an oath
>>
>>31109315

So, does your recruiter touch your no-nos or are you just shy?

You need to be in his office with this, not asking us, or your boned. You're just about time for any high-speed options.
>>
>>31109421

Holy shit don't use my fucking POS phone.

*you're* nearly boned, you're just about *out of time* for any high-speed fun.
>>
>>31105285
I've seen some pages like that, but none where it has all of the Army's MOS. The closest I can come to that off of the top of my head is the MOS Smartbook, which is hosted on Milsuite. However, it's not user friendly or easy to understand.

Are you looking for promotion info in particular, or MOS descriptions, or both?
>>
>>31108317
Let's put it this way:

"Earning your mountain tab" means fucking a fat girl in Watertown.
>>
>>31091792
>19 year old
>neet
>skeleton
>antisocial and scared of talking to people
Would I make it in the military?
>>
>>31109975
Absolutely. Go for it
>>
>>31109990
Which branch would be best
>>
>>31109975
Yes. You're perfect. Go down to your nearest marine recruiter, Tell him you're interested in 0311 and start running and do lots of sit-ups/push ups
>>
>>31109975
Yes

>>31109998
Anything but the marines. They're underfunded and will give you the most shit. Don't fall for the muhreens meme. Do start running and doing lots of sit-ups and pushups, though. Also eat more protein and calories
>>
I'm thinking about joining the Navy Reserve as an officer. I'm wealthy, so I don't really work; it won't be a burden on my life (or will it?). I've always wanted to and realized the only thing holding me back is me, at this point.

Shit idea y/n?
>>
with a military ID, would I technically be able to shop at any PX?
>>
>>31102815

Bump, never got a reply. Or I'm just retarded.
>>
File: 1469550258196.png (518KB, 899x643px) Image search: [Google]
1469550258196.png
518KB, 899x643px
>>31108215
How much research have you done? cause if it was any at all youd know why.

>>31108920
Navy? Every port has girls man.

>>31109713
Both desu, im just interested in SF MOS's. IM curious how they compare to Seals in terms of promotion speed, retention, manning, bonuses and anything else i cant think of.
>>
Just so I'm aware ahead of time, are there any particularly shit jobs that an Air Force recruiter will likely try to sell me?
>>
>>31112400
security forces or general aircraft maintenance
>>
File: fletcher.jpg (268KB, 987x815px) Image search: [Google]
fletcher.jpg
268KB, 987x815px
>>31110636
Yes.
>>
>>31110263
Yes it will be a burden.
>>
>>31109975
>>antisocial and scared of talking to people
Depends on how bad your social anxiety is - it will either make it a lot better or you'll have a breakdown at boot camp and get separated.
>>
>>31109375
Could be anyting between 2 weeks to almost a yearl
>>
File: shin splint shits.jpg (149KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
shin splint shits.jpg
149KB, 1200x1200px
>>31108416
>Machinist's mate
Shit job for tards but they do travel a lot.
>>
>>31107922
Charge probalby wont stop you from getting a clearance unless maybe it was recent.
>>
>>31105632
Only if you tell them. You told them.
>>
>>31104324
yes
>>
>>31113517
What is this meme?
>>
File: 1471477224406.jpg (106KB, 442x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471477224406.jpg
106KB, 442x960px
>>31113638
>What is this meme?
epic shitpost in /b/ a few days ago
>>
>>31097765
90% of the population scores below 90, dickbreath.
>>
Self harm scars, in-patient mental treatment. Immediate disqualification from Marine Corps enlistment?
>>
>>31097892
50 is average because the test is based off how the population scores you fucking idiot. 50% score above 50, 50% score below.
>>
File: this is you.jpg (126KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
this is you.jpg
126KB, 600x399px
>>31113733
No USMC likes you to be as fucked up mentally as possible so you will kill and rape Muslim children without questioning orders.
>>
>>31103339
It's gonna suck in the beginning, but you'll pasx the final test if you work at it. I was in worse shape when I shipped.
>>
>>31113765
Is Marines really a meme or not
>>
>>31113772
Certified dank

Seriously dont go USMC, theres literally no reason. If you want to take pride and be a badass then just go SF or something.
>>
>>31113685
Ecks dee
>>
Anyone got any details about becoming an Officer in the Air Force. Gonna have my degree in engineering after this year and I'm kinda interested.
>>
File: HM.png (725KB, 531x663px) Image search: [Google]
HM.png
725KB, 531x663px
>>31113772
Marin Crops le meme.
>>
>>31091792
Experiences with getting diagnosed with ADHD while already in? I'm fairly certain I have it. I know people got diagnosed and prescribed in tech school, but I didn't know them well. What happens?
>>
File: finn.jpg (26KB, 233x313px) Image search: [Google]
finn.jpg
26KB, 233x313px
>>31113867
They give you drugs and you might get disqualified from certain jobs.
>>
>>31113800
What if I want to prove people who said I could not make it through basic wrong. My grandpa was also a marine.
>>
>>31113900
Do you know where I could find a list of the jobs it would disqualify me from? I'm really feeling the impact of using all my willpower to barely stay focused, but I don't want to fuck myself out of anything or get myself discharged.
>>
>>31113904
>What if I want to prove people who said I could not make it through basic wrong.
Are you implying going through marine basic is tougher than being an army ranger or SF/green beret?
>My grandpa was also a marine.
So?
>>
>>31113904
Pretty much anyone can that's not a cripple or severely mentally ill.
>>
File: merchant jr.jpg (25KB, 236x372px) Image search: [Google]
merchant jr.jpg
25KB, 236x372px
>>31114022
Chaplain
>>
>>31114105
Thanks dog.
>>
I'm currently in my last year in highschool and want to enlist in the navy after i graduate. I have depression and take zoloft and another thing i cant remember and I was gonna try to get off this school year. If I can get off meds and be stable will I do well in the military?
>>
File: an hero e3.jpg (70KB, 628x314px) Image search: [Google]
an hero e3.jpg
70KB, 628x314px
>>31115100
no.
>>
>>31115163
Are you saying I should enlist?
>>
File: an hero s-LIPSTEIN-large300.jpg (46KB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
an hero s-LIPSTEIN-large300.jpg
46KB, 300x219px
>>31115230
no.
>>
>>31115327
Please be more explicit anon, do I enlist or not?
>>
>>31097811
>tfw 74
>>
What makes nuke so bad?
Because its long hours? That's about the only complaint reddit can come up with, while telling you to take sissy jobs instead.
>>
>>31096070
nah its 42, im AFSOC
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.