[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lasers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: GenZH_Granger_Mugshot.png (105KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
GenZH_Granger_Mugshot.png
105KB, 250x247px
We General Granger now!

http://www.janes.com/article/63185/northrop-grumman-to-develop-laser-pod-to-protect-usaf-fighters

>tldr Northrop Grumman is making a point defense laser pod for the USAF
>>
>>31091190
A return to gun based dog fights.

Amazing
>>
File: Townes_Mugshot_1.png (91KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
Townes_Mugshot_1.png
91KB, 250x246px
>>31091190

Granger wasn't the Laser General you fuck.

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Townes
>>
>>31091190
Question.

Lasers were developed in the 60's why haven't we been investing since then? Surely if there's enough development in it then you would speed it up by decades.

Also, It's we 40k now.
>>
>>31091228
The laser general didn't have laser PDS on his planes, air force general did. A bit counterintuitive, but that's how it is
>>
>>31091228
http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Point_Defense_Laser
>>
>>31091228
Not OP, but his planes did have laser defenses too IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I really need to play this game again, damn I had so much fun. I haven't found anything ever that I've liked nearly as much.
>>
>>31091236
Like do you know even how dumb of a question that is?

Why do you think we've gotten to laser pods? Because we HAVE been developing this. On top of that, the major problem with the entire concept is and has always been power supply.
>>
crew chief here, my old lady just got a tcto for a laser missile defense system. the tech already exists.
>>
File: Thrax.jpg (36KB, 517x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thrax.jpg
36KB, 517x523px
1. China nuke
2. GLA toxin
3. China inf
4. Gla stealth / Gla demo
5. Gla vanilla
6. Usa vanill and laser
7. China tank
POWER GAP
10. Usa superweapon
POWER GAP
999. China vanilla

FAGGOT TIER
Usa airforce

Superweapon is lower due to higher vehicle costs and Usa vanilla and laser factions are equal since they only spam rockvees and air force general is literally click button to win
>>
>>31091269

Yeah, Generals was the last good C&C game. Had the post 9/11 don't give a fuck about political correctness vibe.
>>
>>31091319
Superweapon general was OP, I remember people would kick players who picked it in multiplayer. All you needed to do was command EMP patriots to pick each vehicle to disable them and turtle up while prepping LZs and particle cannons.
>>
File: Generals_Rebel.jpg (6KB, 200x199px) Image search: [Google]
Generals_Rebel.jpg
6KB, 200x199px
>tfw EA predicted isis in 2003
>>
>>31091342
Red guard wreck patriots shit as do terrorists, if you cant counter a superweapon turtle you are a huge scrub
>>
>>31091368
That sounds like something that could be countered by firebases garrisoned with flashbang rangers
>>
>>31091388
>implying someone turtling has enough money to afford this
>>
File: GenZH_Tigress_Victory.png (124KB, 332x327px) Image search: [Google]
GenZH_Tigress_Victory.png
124KB, 332x327px
"I can do everything."
>>
File: ZH_Townes_German_Version.jpg (14KB, 370x360px) Image search: [Google]
ZH_Townes_German_Version.jpg
14KB, 370x360px
>>31091228
>not using the german censored version
>>
>>31091419
Why are Germans such cucks?
>>
File: hag.jpg (135KB, 944x531px) Image search: [Google]
hag.jpg
135KB, 944x531px
>>31091446
because this hag was in charge of the ratings for videogames.
>>
File: phd102008s.gif (40KB, 600x545px) Image search: [Google]
phd102008s.gif
40KB, 600x545px
>>31091236
>why haven't we been investing
It takes research before development. And research requires researchers. Pic related.

It does not happen all by itself.
>>
>>31091419
what? why do something like that?
>>
>>31091257
That's because Zero Hour was rushed, so they didn't fleshed it out properly, Shockwave on the other hand restores all of it and makes Townes beyond broken, because lasers.
>>31091419
*Bleep-bloop*
>>
>>31091757
Fucking Germans
>>
>>31091508
A good football coach = very good football team
Good football team = a lot of money for the school
>>
Finally. King Raptor when?
>>
>>31092333
>for the school
No actually that money goes back into the football program for more scouts, equipment and bonuses for coaches. None of that money trickles down to the university. However, a good football team brings prestige and students to that school, so many schools believe it is important. At the last university I taught at, the school was in trouble for loaning money with no interest to the football program (the football program was a separate entity in the legal sense).
>>
>>31092333
The thing is that research grant is money too but much is diverted to "administration", and that is how the coach gets his money. So you put the cart before the horse.

this has been the situation for decades and the only thing that happens is that researchers leave academia in droves quite simply because you just cannot support yourself on a RA salary and time to tenure is just way, way too long.

That is why I left research.
>>
>>31092407
Wait so you're telling me my trickle down economics doesn't actually work
>>
>Unironically playing as the cucks

The Global Liberation Army will rise again
>>
>>31092367
Not soon enough
>>
>>31092466

>trickle down economics

Relying on a strawman.

>>31091257
Air Force general needed them as he relied on aircraft.

>>31091324
Graphics aside it still holds up fairly well today.
>>
>>31092466
Sure it does
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.