[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Open Carry in Original Holster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: makarov holster.jpg (23KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
makarov holster.jpg
23KB, 300x400px
Could you open carry with a holster like this? Would it count as open carry? Is it safe to do so (retention and reaction wise)? Fill me in please, /k/
>>
File: husqvarna-M1907-02.png (3MB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
husqvarna-M1907-02.png
3MB, 1632x1224px
>>31089480
It's a paradox I was just myself thinking about the other day.

The gun is concealed, so it is CC.
However, it's pretty fucking obvious what's in a flap holster, so it's OC.

I call it "I'm lazy and walking to the convenience store at 1AM" carry.

Safe? Well, these are indeed police/military holsters, so yeah, unless it's falling apart?

Pretty slow to draw from, though, and you kinda lose the advantage of an actually concealed firearm... that being that people don't know you have it.
>>
>>31089480
Could you? Yes. But why would you want to? This defeats the purpose of concealed carry.
>>
>>31089535
youve done it /k/.

Your officially worse than the fat guy that open carries a Makarov in a uncle mikes at my local gas station every morning.
>>
File: 143242565134.png (564KB, 632x417px) Image search: [Google]
143242565134.png
564KB, 632x417px
>>31089480
If you want to be this guy sure.
>>
They're so horribly slow they nicknamed them widow makers
>>
>>31089480
Felon here, should I buy one of these holsters to carry my phone in and have a friend film me? Extra points for walking around my local mall acting sketchy af. Bonus round: I live in a city that has made national news for police shootings
>>
just wear the fanny pack.
>>
>>31091964
are you black? because if you are you probably will get shot.
>>
>>31091904
>They're so horribly slow they nicknamed them widow makers
kek

>Google this
>Find Wikipedia page
>Also referred to as "suicide holsters"

I don't know why anyone would ever want to carry one of these for reals.
>>
>>31092257
They're really only good for offering a lot if protection to the gun. Bear in mind that this style of holster dates back to a time when the martial revolver and pistol was more of an officer's status symbol than a defensive weapon, and was mostly used as a backup to the sabre for cavalry. If you thought you were going to need the gun in the near future you'd take it from the holster and have it in your hand ready to fight with it as opposed to leaving it holstered until you ran out of ammunition in your rifle or were attacked.

Civilians at the time were often carrying in the open topped holsters with small leather retention straps like you see in cowboy action, or were carrying pocket guns.
>>
>>31091902
Isn't the Tavor known for gassing you in the face when being shot? Why Tavor over a superior bullpup like an AUG A3?
>>
>>31091902
Haha I actually do hate tavors... but I don't really like any bullpups because I think they're all extremely ugly.
>>
>>31091964
Please do, when the cops shoot you it will be one less felon scumbag walking around.
>>
You'd probably get shot before you could unflap it, but it does mean it's impossible to steal your gun off you without you noticing.
>>
the only people I've seen with those are German officers with P38s and pilots. For open-cockpit planes that kind of retention holster makes sense. There are stacks of cheap ones in military surplus stores.
>>
>>31089480
I open carry my M9 in a Bianchi holster, looks similar
>>
File: 145350806970.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
145350806970.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I OC with a flap holster when inna-woodsing. Better retention and weather-resistance but slower draw. Did also OC my hand-nugget as part of a halloween costume once but that's as close as I'll get to OCing in public.
>>
>>31093773
You can undo the button and lift the flap in one motion. It really isn't that slow, just a bit slower.
As long as you aren't doing pistols at 30 paces against someone in a modern holster, it really won't make any functional difference.
>>
>>31095789
Good looking holsters.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.