[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taurus and Hillary Key Holes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: DSC00275.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00275.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
Does Taurus make any revolver or semi-auto without this faggot key safety hillary hole shit?
>>
>>31089130
Imagine sticking that key in your pooper.
>>
I would assume on their 1911's it's on the mainspring housing like Springfield's ILS. In that case it would be at least easy to remove.
>>
>>31089257
It's on the top of the hammer on the pt1911.
>>
>>31089130
I hate it too but I give them credit for making it less obnoxious then S&Ws.
>>
A lot of the models they've been making for more than a decade or so do not have them. That even includes the PT 1911s and Beretta copies. So generally speaking older models do not have key locks.
>>
>buying a taurus

You have bigger problems than Hillary Holes.
>>
>>31089130
What the fuck is that shit, I have honestly never seen it before. Do you need a key to use your gun? How could you possibly quickdraw while fucking around with that.

I am astonished and disgusted.
>>
>>31089293
Seconded.
>>
My Taurus PT111 Millennium G2 is a fine fine pistol. Don't care what anyone has to say about that ¦¬}
>>
>>31089293

Well, I wanted a S&W Governor until I learned it had a tuna Hillary hole. So I decided to look at a Taurus Judge and discovered they're even more cucked, with their semi-autos even having rotting fish holes.

Life sucks, can't get a non-cucked gun, even in the U.S.
>>
>>31089130
Who cares? You can just ignore it. Next you'll say a safety is for faggota too.
>>
>>31089581

How are you typing with a cock in both hands? You faggot.
>>
>>31089394
Amen. I picked up a pt140 for 260 bucks 2 weeks ago. Put 200 rounds through it with no issue.
>>
wait, is this just a built in lock for the guns in addition to the manual safety? that is pretty neat and I dont see the problem with it, you can just choose not to use it if you dont need the security right? it seems loads better than clunky external locks
>>
>>31089692

There are reports of key safeties (hillary holes) being engaged when shooting hot ammo, thus making your gun worthless, especially in self defense situations.

If you want to protect your precious ass-hole from Tyrone, don't buy a gun with a Hillary hole.
>>
>>31089692
>>31089581

This and every glock fag saying that a manual safety is "one more thing to go wrong" if you are unable to have the presence of mind to unsafety on the draw they you need to get more range time in.
>>
>>31089722
>key safeties (hillary holes) being engaged when shooting hot ammo,

Yeah in poorly made and designed guns that you shouldnt use for other things than range fun anyway.
>>
>>31089733

>>31089733

Lots of people are under the false impression that S&W's are reliable and not poorly made. they depend on them for self defense, not range toys.

However, S&W's have the highest rate of hillary hole failures shooting hot ammo.

Eventually S&W, Taurus, and all these other cuck companies are going to end up getting someone killed.
>>
>>31089350
i think it's just for storage purposes, as in it's there to stop kids from shooting themselves.
>>
>>31089723
I used to think this until i missed a shot while i was hunting because the safety was on. It was just a rabbit, so i didnt give a shit, but then i thought, "if that was some guy trying to wreck my shit, i could have been dead." It felt pretty shitty.

that being said, i always urge people do what he/she is most comfortable with.
>>
>>31089759
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: 1471840130909.jpg (20KB, 181x255px) Image search: [Google]
1471840130909.jpg
20KB, 181x255px
Jesus Christ I haven't seen you spergs sperg so hard over literally nothing like this in a long time. It's for storage, get the fuck over it.
>>
>>31090171

This.

Also s&w is phasing them out, starting with their smaller guns intended for carry, like the 442
>>
>>31089293
Cool meme bro!
>>
>>31089877
Then what exactly is the problem?
>>
File: 7458569679679679.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
7458569679679679.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>31089130
Unless that shit somehow locks itself automatically I don't see a problem with it other than a small minus on the aesthetic side.

Why is keeping your kids more safe such a problem for you? I know that they're your kids and all but in likelyhood they're like every other kids out there essentially retards.
>>
File: Fu_K_you.jpg (143KB, 900x652px) Image search: [Google]
Fu_K_you.jpg
143KB, 900x652px
>>31089245
>>
>>31089130
yeah I have never seen a taurus with that feature, is this one of those cuck state things that normal US citizens don't usually see until one of you cucks starts bitching about their shitty state
>>
>>31091165

They've been known to engage on their own when firing hot ammo, making your gun worthless until you go home and get your cuck key.

>>31092166

They come standard on every Taurus, both revolvers and semi-auto.
>>
>>31089293
meh, taurus makes a good revolver. I have well over 13k rounds down my taurus 22 with no issues gun still locks up tight with no endshake.
>>
>>31089130
I don't get the problem. Just unlock it when you carry it around, lock it when you put it away for an extra layer of safety from niggers stealing your guns / kids stealing your guns.
>>
File: nice.jpg (196KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
196KB, 1280x720px
>>31089130
>Keeping a Taurus
>long term storage
Boi, you threw your money away
>>
>>31089130
Why would you want a Thaurus in the first place?
>>
Probably a bit off-topic, but how's their PT92? Worth it, or should I just save up for a real 92? I hear good things, I just wanna know for sure.
>>
>>31091165
Why is keeping your kids more safe such a problem for you?
>implying

>minus on the aesthetic side
small is debatable
>extra parts
>more surface area for crap to build up

>implying I would let a child in my house
There are hazardous chemicals lying around.
Kids shouldn't have access to your firearms anyways. Why do you need a lock at all? Locks are for keeping honest people honest. Two locks is a safety hazard.

>Micro safe in a Macro safe
>>
>>31093718

Ive had a PT92 for a few years now, and I'd say it's been an ok pistol. I did have to send it back to factory once, a pin for the extractor was backing off, almost lost it while shooting. That was about 300 rounds in. Since then I haven't had any issues, I have had after about 2000 rounds though, about 2 stovepipes shooting really shitty ammo.

Mine does have the stupid key thing, I'm yet to have it back out on me, I do have a set of wrap around grips that cover it up though. The casings do have a mind of their own when ejecting, they will sometimes go straight up, or maybe at a 20-30 degree angle to the right.

I would personally go with the real deal though, Mine does have a lifetime warranty from Taurus, There are some details that look much better in my opinion on the Beretta.

I will say though that I think I do like the frame mounted safety on my Taurus vs the slide, just easier to manipulate being closer to your thumb.
>>
>>31091144
> muh memes
>>
One more thing to break the gun into non working order made to try to appeal to the antiguns. Trash.
>>
>>31089265
So change the hammer
>>
Is there a proper list of firearms that have these holes?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.