[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /k/ I just need some quick advice on a potential trade I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Sup /k/ I just need some quick advice on a potential trade I've been offered. I admittedly don't know shit about battle rifles so I'll turn to you guys. Some dude wants to trade his CETME C308 with 10 mags and wooden furniture kit at face value for my VZ-2008 vz58 Sporter. The pics he sent me look really good imo but I'm not sure if this gun is a POS or not. The price seems to be in the same tier as my vz. What do you guys think. Pic related is what he sent me.
>>
File: C308-stamped-1.jpg (327KB, 1250x795px) Image search: [Google]
C308-stamped-1.jpg
327KB, 1250x795px
>some dude wants to trade his CETME

RUN
U
N
>>
>>31086193
Is this cetme made by century?
>>
File: CETME_11.jpg (295KB, 900x1458px) Image search: [Google]
CETME_11.jpg
295KB, 900x1458px
>>31086193
>trade Century clone for Century clone
Seems OK. How well does your Vz-2008 run, OP? Also, that's not a C308; it's the older CETME Sporter.
>>
>>31086222
Yes it's a century C308. I'm reading a ton of mixed reviews online. Half of it says it's fine and anyone crying is dumb. Other half says run. Same shit can be said about a lot of rifles though. Idk
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px)
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>31086279
Does that make it worse? My vz is pretty flawless. Got it back when they were only $399. Put less than 200 rounds trough it.
>>
>>31086281
literally the worst guns newly produced since the r51
>>
>>31086297
Makes it a roll of the dice. Some are good and some are terrible. Still they sell for around $500 so with all the junk he's throwing in with it (especially that G3A2 wood stock set that goes for $150 on eBay now) you might be getting the better end of the bargain. Get him to let you shoot it (tell him he can shoot yours too) before you do the swap so you can see how well it functions (offer to bring your own .308 ammo to encourage him).
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31086397
Here's another pic. He's told me in our initial talk it was a c308. Is there a big difference between the Sporter and whatever he thinks it is?
>>
>>31086438

That's not a c308.

That's one of the older CETME builds.
>>
File: CETME_Modelo_E_2lados.jpg (257KB, 800x388px) Image search: [Google]
CETME_Modelo_E_2lados.jpg
257KB, 800x388px
>>31086438
>Is there a big difference between the Sporter and whatever he thinks it is?
C308 uses a G3-spec receiver made by PTR; "CETME Sporter" uses a real CETME-pattern receiver. There's a very slight difference in magazine well geometry between the real G3 and CETME; sometimes mags for one do not fit in the other and vice-versa. Bunch of real CETME mags just came in this last year though, so they're not hard to find like they used to be. Also he has G3 mags in the pic, so I'd assume they work too.

The C308 also comes with a Mil. Std. 1913 rail welded to the top of the receiver, making it easier to mount an optic. His rifle has a clamp-on rail that is removable. It's not as solid as the welded rail but they usually work all right. C308 also has a polymer lower grip/trigger assembly frame, whereas this one has the steel lower with the molded plastic grip on it.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>31086469
I'm gonna ask him to take a picture of the text on the side of the rifle. The part that says century etc. here it is. You're right. Does this change things?
>>
>>31086543
Thanks for the info dump man. Appreciate it. I think it's a pretty even trade given a clone for a clone. Gonna do a bit more research and decide. What would you recommend. I literally never use my VZ and have yet to own a BR.
>>
Ask him for the specs on the bolt gap. Bring a feeler gage with you if the rifle is in spec buy it.
>>
File: Cetme2.jpg (214KB, 900x675px)
Cetme2.jpg
214KB, 900x675px
>>31086562
Honesty, I'd rather have a CETME Sporter than a C308; at least the CETME Sporter actually looks like the rifle it's a cheap clone of; the C308 just looks off to me because it's got a CETME front end and CETME sights but a G3 rear. Also the C308's new-made furniture is shit; they leave the metal heat shield out of the handguard.
>>
File: ptr.png (121KB, 205x462px) Image search: [Google]
ptr.png
121KB, 205x462px
>>31086606
I had a VZ too and I sold it and bought a PTR with the money(I made a bit on my original investment and had to throw in a bit more for a GI model PTR). I really, really like my PTR, but I respected my VZ. Your trade is like trading a Jaguar with some body damage for a clean Toyota Corolla, if that makes sense. I never shot my VZ either. You could also probably sell your VZ and spend a bit more to get a quality PTR.
>>
>>31086193
Ask him if its ok that you test fire the gun, make sure ti cycles good and looks well built.
>>
these guns are notorious for misaligned sights. and since they are welded to the receiver you are shit outta luck if they dont line up. i would make sure you can actually sight in the irons to be on target or you could get stuck with a gun that can only shoot 6 inches to the left of whatever you are aiming at, no matter how much you adjust the sights
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.