[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gun parts what do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: shark tank.jpg (116KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
shark tank.jpg
116KB, 1024x682px
Decided to take the plunge and become an 07FFL, 02 SOT to follow. Cashed in the 401k and invested in machine tools. What would /k/ make with their own machine shop?
>>
File: shop.png (1MB, 1032x580px) Image search: [Google]
shop.png
1MB, 1032x580px
>>31086163
pic related, my lathe and mill fresh off the trailer.
>>
>>31086163
Adjustable dovetailed sights for older pistols and maybe for more obscure modern pistols.

Some way effectively mount a fiber optic bead to the bullpup shotguns (DP-12, KSG, UTS-15), maybe as a backup option, with it sitting on a riser in front of whatever electric sight the kids use these days.
>>
>>31086260

I don't think either of those would sell more than like ten units
>>
Hk parts in general ie.bipods, magazines, check out hkparts for overpriced shit you can duplicate or improve.
>>
Get really good at making lightweight barrels. Develop and produce a better trigger for a popular firearm. Make sights and sight-mounts. Become a NFA manufacturer and make cans for less popular rifles and pistols.
>>
Make a series of metal dildos\buttplugs that can also be pistols
>>
>>31086908
enjoy your lolsuit
>>
>>31086962
This but preferably dragon shaped and if you get your NFA license orbez some shit
>>
>>31086163
If you get the right paperwork (I have no clue about the process to be quite honest) you should find a way to make a cheaper suppressor. Whether that be with a new baffle design or different materials. Maybe figure out a way to 3d print certain components to keep cost down? Honestly I'm pulling ideas out of my ass here.
>>
>>31086163
So you invested in equipment without a plan? Why would I give you product ideas for free?
>>
>>31086163
california bullet buttons
>>
>>31086962
god i love 4-chan
>>
>>31087006
Suppressor cost is a supply/demand thing. It's just baffles really. A basic suppressor should be very cheap to make.
>>
fucking broomhandle lanyard rings for christ's sake
>>
Lugers. And then sell them at a rediculous price.
Or play with a design of my own.
>>
Supressors are expensive because if you make them out of steel you have to use heavy durable alloy steel, which is a bitch to mill. Same with using titainium, its expensivr and eats up cutting components. If you try to use cheap steel they dont last for shit.
>>
>>31086163
You should make AR lowers. That's never been dun befo.
>>
Make 556 aks that arent complete shit for a decent price.
>>
>>31086163
whatever the fuck i wanted until i got the hang of making whatever i could think of....... then i'd make money with it
>>
File: mustang[1].jpg (80KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mustang[1].jpg
80KB, 480x360px
Integrally suppressed 300 BLK built on a CZ 527 action. Not terribly practical, but I want one.

One guy does them in 7.62x39 already, but there's factory sub sonic 300 BLK available and more/better load data for subsonic 300 BLK.
>>
Design new actions, patent them, and try to sell them to other companies.
>>
>>31086163
have /k/ design a simple single shot firearm that can be cheaply produced and sold for 100 bucks retail, reliable and simple
>>
>>31089610
More on this, make semi-auto sten guns and sell them
>>
>>31086163
Make video game guns that aren't already real guns. Obviously they won't shoot like in their respective games, but the kids would buy them. Base them on a stout action, add lots of flair, make them available in a variety of calibers, and use some kind of readily available mags (Glock, Beretta, AR, AK, 10/22) in them.

That would make you money. Not sure about licensing issues involved.

For fun, make weird combos, like an autoloading carbine in .500SW, or a tiny Maxim gun in .22LR.
>>
>>31089654
Best idea in this thread desu, unfortunately it's unlikely as hell that any video game companies would want to be seen collaborating with the evil gun industry.
>>
File: DALISTLE.jpg (75KB, 800x332px) Image search: [Google]
DALISTLE.jpg
75KB, 800x332px
This in .50 AE
>>
>>31089677
Then make things with different names that look similar and could be made "to spec" by a furniture kit.

This may have the added bonus of saving our hobby from eventual destruction by whatever horrors follow the millennials.
>>
>>31089654
Pancor Jackhammer would be mandatory
>>
>>31089764
And things from Doom, Quake, Half-Life, HALO, Fallout, etc... he'll sell scads.
>>
>>31089764
If you can make one that works, that'd be a feat in itself. 3 prototypes ever made, 2 destroyed in testing. I assume the last one is hanging over John Anderson's fireplace as a tribute to what could have been
>>
File: galil 2.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
galil 2.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>31086163

SKS action in .308 with box magazines.
5.56 SKS that accepts NATO mags.
Tec-9 made with non-shit tier materials, maybe some design tweaks to improve reliability.
Tec-9 carbine.
Build .308 galils from parts kits.
Make a .44 magnum semi-automatic carbine, like that one Ruger made forever ago.
.308 M1 Garands.
Make VSS Vintorez/AS VAL yourself, maybe in .300 BLK.
Make a full size 10mm that isn't garbage or glock.
Make Remington 1740s.
And while you're at it, a milkshake would be fantastic.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.