[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying my first holster any advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 81-1054_w_gun.jpg (270KB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81-1054_w_gun.jpg
270KB, 2100x1500px
I am getting ready to turn 21 and plan on carrying my full size M&P and was wondering what brand are the recommended around here for that. I would also like some possible model recommendations as well.
Pic related to what I am thinking on getting.
>>
>>31085233
It's about fit and comfort. But don't waste time looking at holsters that cost under about $45. The general rule is that a holster should cost around 10%-15% of the cost of the gun.
>>
Absolute best bang for buck holster: Alien Gear 3.0

Absolute best holster: Stealth Gear Onyx
>>
>I'm on a budget but I still want top quality Kydex from a nationally recognized brand instead of Boltaron from Bubba's garage workshop
http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/morrigan-iwb-holster/

>I have a proper budget for a holster that lasts a lifetime and can convert from IWB to OWB for both concealed and open carry
http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/smith-wesson-phantom-modular-holster/
http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/phantom-tuckable-overhooks/
>>
File: pipbo.png (58KB, 541x745px) Image search: [Google]
pipbo.png
58KB, 541x745px
>>31085233
If you are neither M nor P then you should not own an M&P.
>>
>>31085233
Take it for what you will, but the best holsters I've ever had were from Etsy.

>>31085372
Alien Gear would like a word with you.
>>
>>31086497
Seconding this.
>>
>>31085233
Do you plan on IWB or OWB?

Both G-Code and Raven concealment make top notch holsters for both.
>>
>>31086497
this. i can walk 5hrs straight in the hot sun with the onyx.
>>
>>31085233
I bought a crossbreed when i first got my ccw. It was okay, but i quickly found out it was basically the opposite of what i found comfortable. Found a guy locally (i live in kentucky) out of winchester that makes kydex holsters. Had him make me an appendix carry style with a a single gcode clip, cost me $50, got to me in 3 days and I could not be happier.
>>
>>31086497
Stealth gear changed their lineup.
The "onyx" is now their main iwb hybrid line. You have their standard size and a "mini" smaller size.
They've also raised their prices by $10-20. Not to mention, a lot of anons on /k/ seems to suffer heart attacks if they have to spend too much money on certain things, and at $100+ per holster, it's definitely one of those things.

Also, don't forget to get a good stiff belt for carry. You either have to tighten the fuck out of a sagging regular belt or you feel more comfortable with a gunbelt that can hold a gun and stays in place better.
>>
>>31085233
Leather is much more comfortable than plastic (kydex or injection molded).

Take it from someone who has owned a few dozen holsters. Single clip leather is best for iwb.

Owb kydex is superior.
>>
File: image.jpg (264KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264KB, 1024x768px
>>31089313
>Leather is much more comfortable than plastic

Try sweating on leather.

Tactical fuzz shits on it and you
>>
>>31089179
spending $50+ on a good belt is best investment you can make aside from the gun and holster. plus quite a few of the belts have lifetime warranties and such
>>
>>31089396
Yeah no, having a block of plastic jammed up next to you is less comfortable than leather. You do know treated leather is waterproof right?
>>
File: 1319787680.jpg (322KB, 706x907px) Image search: [Google]
1319787680.jpg
322KB, 706x907px
NYLON
N
Y
L
O
N
>>
>>31085233
Don't feel weird spending up to 100 shekels for a holster. Most people do and end up with a drawer full of holsters they don't like. Buy once cry once.

Stealth gear for hybrid (comfortable but bulky)
Jm custom kydex for full kydex (less bulky and more concealable. Easier on/off if you get the clip.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.