[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/kfc/ -/k/ fitness conversation-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14

File: winter-soldier.jpg (59KB, 560x415px) Image search: [Google]
winter-soldier.jpg
59KB, 560x415px
What's your fitness routine like? What are your goals? How much to you integrate fitness into tactical training? What unconventional exercise do you do?

Been centering my exercises on heavy lifting and rucking for the past two years, going light on extended running. I'm going for strongfat/bearmode/meatcube-mode.

So far I'm at-
> 285 bench 1RM
>435 deadlift 1RM
>355 squat 1RM
>snatch 155 1RM

Still a lot of room to improve before I get where I want for the lifts.

Getting my cardio in via lightweight full body exercises like burpies and various cleans. I went indoor rock climbing a few times recently, and aside from knocking the rust off of some of my rappelling skills, I've found it to be an excellent workout, especially for grip strength.

Rucking innawoods a minimum of once a month with a 50lb ruck. Not going for time, since I'm off the trail, but I make use of the time to practice some land nav basics in a contained environment of a natural park flanked by roads on all sides.

Learning some tae kwon do basics from a friend who was a legit competator and instructor. It's really struck me as a useful martial art with a lot of up close punches and thrown elbows that seem like actual practical moves. Plus, surprisingly tiring.

So, what's up with you, /k/?
>>
Run, do pushups, do situps. God tier exercise plan.
>>
>>31083439
>do situps.

Don't do sit ups. They fuck up your posture. Squats are better.
>>
>>31083439
Pretty much this
>>
>>31082497
>What's your fitness routine like?
4mi/8min M-F with 100 push ups (in 3 sets) and 300 crunches (in 3 sets), basic weight routine MWF (not really important to me that much), 2hrs. of training M-Th.
>What are your goals?
Get back to 185 (12lbs. away) so I can fight in October.
>How much to you integrate fitness into tactical training?
None at all, I shoot at the range purely for pleasure, though I work on my concealment draw a little.
>What unconventional exercise do you do?
Nothing really, I swim in winter when it's too cold/too much snow/too pussy to run.
>>
>>31082497
I like those upstanding concrete posts all over the places people travel by automobile everyday - great to do wide/close grip dips. Any wall to do inverted close/wide pushups.
>>
>>31083550
Oh, my goal is to destroy concrete posts and walls. That is all. Thanks for asking.
>>
Been lifting for a year and a half. Gained almost 30 pounds, sitting at 215, I'm 6'8" btw. Used to be a skellington.
My workout is a 5 routine consisting of legs, chest, back, arms, core
I play basketball twice a week too
>>
Evrry day 3x7 squats, bent over rows, deltoid raises, overhead press, bicep curls all using water jugs as weight. Rode bicycle 10 miles daily on summer. Do indoor swim for 30 minutes in winter.

I'm ottermode
>>
File: 1392123609897.jpg (1MB, 1432x2020px) Image search: [Google]
1392123609897.jpg
1MB, 1432x2020px
this is what I am currently going for
>>
>>31083439
sit ups are terrible for your lower back, and they aren't even a good indicator of core strength. crunches are a tiny bit better, but really planks are the best. Squat and deadlift also help your core.

running and pushups are pretty fucking good, but high volume of any exercise can cause damage and imbalance. If all you do is run and pushup, you'll end up with shoulder injuries and shin splits.

air squats, dips, lunges, free weights, all of these are also important for a balanced work out program.
>>
I max every PT test I take with the Army, I can run pretty fast.

I'm trying to gain more muscle mass, but I'm afraid it'll lower my overall score. When you're an LT, the pressure is on you to beat all your Soldiers on the run.
>>
I do push ups and pull ups every day, as well as eat very healthy. I also do a ton of hiking and swimming. I don't have the same strength as someone who weight trains, but I feel like I'm in excellent shape.

I think its mostly about diet. Eating healthy is pretty easy though. Just don't eat man-made food or shit that comes in packages.

>Fruit
>Vegetables
>Nuts, Legumes
>Meat
>Eggs
>Water

That's literally it. Just eat foods found in nature. Anything made in a factory is off limits. You don't need to know about carbs or calories or any bullshit nutrition science. Don't waste your time with it, its a convoluted industry and nobody actually knows what they're talking about. Just eat the same shit animals in nature eat and you will be fine. Evolutionary biology is more reliable than some shill doctor trying to get paid.

Never eat processed meats. I buy all my meat from a local butcher and my requirement is that it must look like it was actually cut off an animal. If I want ground beef or sausage I buy steaks and make it myself.

Drink nothing but water. Thirst occurs when your body needs water. Not calories, not food, not energy. Water. You need to lubricate your joints and muscles, replenish blood fluids, keep your brain hydrated, etc. That's why you get thirsty. Drinking a fucking soda won't help that. Water is literally the only thing you should ever drink.

I make a lot of homemade chili, stew, casserole dishes, shepherds pie, etc. Vegetables and meat, man. No sauces or other bullshit flavourings unless I've made it myself.

Don't be a bitch or a slave to modern food. Learn to cook with real foods.
>>
>>31083979
>I'm trying to gain more muscle mass

Add more time under tension to your normal routine then. Basically just do your normal shit, but just really fucking slow. Time under tension builds mass.
>>
>>31083979
Yeah, it's very difficult to build a lot of muscle mass in the Army when you have to both have the PT test in mind, and do daily regimented PT with the troops.

It was really frustrating in the military that people did not get the concept of a "rest day", or would actively take it as a challenge to overcome.

After being out of the military, and being able to have exercise on my own schedule and take proper rest days following certain exercise days, my muscle mass has increased tremendously.
>>
Strong lifts 5x5. Hopefully I didn't start too late to be in shape for the post election fun.
>>
>>31082497

I run a mile every day, sometimes I will substitute or add a 3 mile walk. I try to do some situps and pullups, no real set amounts, just what a I feel like doing.

I suppose my goal would be to lose the gut, but really I'm just trying to keep it from growing. I do well controlling what I eat when I'm alone, but I spend a lot of time with my pals. These times always includes alcohol, sugary drinks, and junkfood. I've gotten pretty good at resisting alcohol and pop, but refusing to eat junk food and candy is a good way to not have fun at a party.
>>
>>31084227
>I suppose my goal would be to lose the gut,

Take sit ups out of your routine will help. It does nothing for your midsection other than tightening the muscles connecting your thighs and pelvis. Those muscles like that will pull your pelvis forward and cause your organs to actually almost spill out of where they're supposed to be and also mess up your back posture.

Really, sit-ups/crunches are cancer for getting fit. It's literally the worse exercise to do if you're trying to have a flat gut.
>>
>>31084457
well if its the worst excercise then what would you recommend instead, so far you have a post dedicated to bitching about it but not one alternative given
>>
File: 243_2[1].jpg (116KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
243_2[1].jpg
116KB, 850x567px
>>31084496
>what would you recommend instead
Deadlifts and pull ups. Also vacuums are good for actually fixing the damage crunches will do yo you (pic related).
>>
Muay thai, Boxing, MMA, either or, just depends whats going on in my schedule and what i'll do but its an intense like 2 hours, trying to kick it up to like 3-4 hours for like 2-3-4 days out of a week: Training for SF and also becuz its el fun, keeps me busy
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 600x367px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 600x367px
Cindy

5 pullups, 10 push-ups, 15 air squats. As many times as possible in 20 minutes
>>
>>31084760
>bent, crossed legs on pullup
>head down on pushup
pls no
>>
>>31082497
>KFC

That is /k/ fitness in a nutshell really
>>
>>31083876
Combat trap? Combat trap.
>>
>>31084905
They're stick figures, anon. Calm down
>>
My workout takes anywhere between a half-hour and a full hour and is done in a t-shirt, combat trousers, and combat/SWAT boots in all weather.

In order...
>1.61 mile run
I do 5+ sets of the following
>10 pushups
>15 situps
>2 pullups
and do a cool-off mile jog/walk.

I'm trying to improve, so the number of pushups, situps, and pullups will increase, as will the number of sets.

I'm also mapping out a 2.5 mile route for when I feel like the 1.61 isn't far enough.
>>
>>31086729
Wanna be an operator (not old enough to be DQed automatically yet, as I'm 18). What am I missing?
>>
I usually go running every day, about 3 miles. Then when I come home I do about 50 push-ups (not consecutively though) and stretch out for 5 minutes or so. I should do a lot more but video games beckon
>>
>>31083591
Holy shit dude, you belong on the court with that height
>>
Swim (not slow ass laps, im talking swim team practices) almost 2 hours 4 to 5 days a week depending on classes and go to the gym once a week
>>
>>31086729
Hah, 20 second-rep stretch routines, 20 pushups, 30 squats, 20 bicycle/oblique crunches, 60 jumping jacks, and then a 2.49 mi jog at 5mph. Once I can do the 2.5 at a 10mph pace I'm going to move from my gym gear into boots and fatigues and then progress up to the BOK, full combat load, and then work out how fast I can go with my endurance kit
>>
>>31086780
Dude, that's pretty close to my eventual plan.

But I mean I did ass-all last year so I mean... I gotta start slow.
>>
>>31086804
That's my floor, I literally did it with zero prep this last weekend; then again, I do production side op, tech, and logistics work on a factory floor- it sounds more prestigious than it is, just lots of moving sub50lb boxes and half ton secondary machines around by hand plus lots of incidental work for several hours without sitting.
>>
>>31084556
are you literally just sucking in your gut with those? or is there more to them?
>>
>>31084556
>Deadlifts and pullups
>For core exercises

Yeah don't listen to this tard, look at some of the exercises targeting core muscles groups in link related.
http://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
>>
>>31088223

Help me out /k/.
Need to improve my push up count to about 75/2 min and I will be happy.

Just more pushups? What?
>>
I have no fitness routine, though im eating better now.
I hunt too.
I suppose im not very fit, but i guess im healthy.
175 pounds 5 foot 9 inches.
>>
>>31088264
Try doing sets of reeeeeeeeeeeallllllly slow rep, and really deep bench presses loaded up with 10-35lb plates per side. Go for 8-12 per set.

Add in deadlifts, cleans, and squats. Those don't directly help much for the muscles you use while doing pushups, but doing those exercises will encourage overall muscle growth.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/deadlift-bigger-stronger-more-powerful-physique

Drink more water.
>>
>>31082497
>1 mile sub 7 minutes
>2 miles the other 23:00 between walking and running
>curls
>extentions
>squatz
>other shit

this is my first time getting /fit/ in a while, I'm already doing pretty alright, started a month ago. it's amazing how hard your muscles can get when you exercise them.
>>
>>31088322
>Drink more water.
Will do.
>Add in deadlifts, cleans, and squats
All Work is done outside of a gym. Suppose I could stack a couple full ammo cans on each side of a broom stick and duck tape i place.

>Poorfag....
>>
>>31088373
You're clearly looking to max the APFT, how do you not have access to a gym?
>>
>>31088386
Don't want to pay the fee.
I am looking to get over this fucking physical mess that I have gotten into at the moment.
Not looking for adonis form just looking to get back into shape after sitting for a deskjob for the past 10 years.

>age 32 fyi.and just doing this for self improvement.
>>
>>31088419
If you're working with just bodyweight, then doing a lot of burpies will help.

You can do farmer's walks and lunges with weighted ammo cans.

Really though, if you want more efficient muscle building and godquads, ponying up for a gym is the way. A decent gym should be $20-30 a month, which is money that can easily be shaved from other things in a budget (for example junk food or video games).
>>
>>31088419
>Don't want to pay the fee.
you have no gyms that are only $10/month?
>>
5'10
145~
Bench 180
Deadlift 330
Squat 280
Run 5-8 miles a day at sub 5 pace.

Scored a 91 on the ASVAB in high school too but I ain't no nuke. :^)
>>
>>31088743
Sub 5min/mile pace for 8 miles?
>>
>>31083439
saitama pls
>>
File: 1469933304600.jpg (93KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
1469933304600.jpg
93KB, 576x384px
>>31084005

>>>/ck/
>>
>>31088770
Yes. I'm 5-6% body fat.
>>
File: 1471924951367.jpg (7KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
1471924951367.jpg
7KB, 274x184px
I only drink water, nothing else. Sometimes I will drink beer on the weekend, though. I try to eat healthy, so I seldom eat junk food. I play soccer two to three times a week, which is the only cardio I do. I only do bodyweight exercises about 3-5 times a week.

My routine is as follows:

First set: 25 pushups, 50 sit ups, 45 second plank, 15 pullups

Second set: 15 pushups, 50 situps, 10 pullups

Third set: 15 pushups, 7 pull ups

In all, I trust my physical abilities and overall health will help me survive any SHTF scenario.
>>
>>31083979
>I max every PT test I take with the Army, I can run pretty fast.
Being a muhreen I have no idea how impressive that is. But a max marine PFT/CFT would be impressive.
>>31084018
Military also doesnt seem to understand the long term affects of running long distance in boots. Fucking up everyones knees before their 30.

6'1"
200 lbs
Bench: 225+
Deadlift: 365
Squat: 335
Snatch: Yes please
>>
>>31082497

1 mile interval sprints
Half mile of high-knees and crossovers
5 miles bike
20 of whatever machine I'm using plus 100 crunches, go through that six times making 120 reps and 600 crunches

Extra 10 reps on machine, then 50 twist crunches

80 reps each arm resistance curls followed by 50 more twist crunches

Pyramid of various pull up and chin up styles, until I get around 30-ish

Round it off with some resistance band work later at home.

Sometimes I hit the park instead and use playground equipment to work out or do gear runs 3-4 miles.
>>
>>31088872
hahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>31088994

Oh and my goal is the same as always, to kick ass on both NG and LE PT tests and provide the taxpayers with a good product. Same reason I do plenty of out of pocket training, the people pay good money for people to fight in their stead, I will provide a good product and service. I cannot fucking stand fatbody cops or soldiers who cannot shoot either.

You're paid to protect, you can't protect while pulling security on the Dunkin.
>>
>>31082497

I go to my shipping dock job. I do my job all day. I go home. Lots of lifting, lots of walking.
>Job consists of working a conveyor lane, moving product from one tote to another tote on a pallet, and includes moving bulk product from another location to my pallets, then wrap & load at the end of the night

On an average day I have a pallet stacked four feet high with brake rotors that I need to move onto 10 separate pallets for different stores.

Things like that. I've lost a bunch of weight since I started my job but I have zero idea what my next /fit/ step should be, and I don't have much time to do shit weekdays.
>>
>>31089074
Respect, anon.
>>
>>31089217

Thanks, brosky.

I work for you, man.
>>
>>31089004
What's so funny?
>>
>>31089268

I'm not him, but your routine is a little skimpy by some standards. Then again, are you happy with you? If so, you're gucci.

You should up the reps and incorporate some dips, squats, and other shit to achieve better gains, if you want.

You could also buy a bike and enjoy long bike rides if ya want, help ya get better cardio.

Maybe some ruck walks.

Up to you, man. If you think you're cleared hot, you set your standards.
>>
>>31084017
Holy shit stfu
Fucking poliquin tards
>>
File: image.png (158KB, 1080x937px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
158KB, 1080x937px
Y'all dumbasses need SOFLETE
>>
>>31083439
Boot detected
>>
>>31088872
You're routine is fucking retarded. You really think you could run around in full kit? Then, mid firefight pickup your wounded buddy who is also in full kit and run with him? The best thing you're prepared for is a dynamic yoga class...
>>
File: 1471701040051.gif (857KB, 324x333px) Image search: [Google]
1471701040051.gif
857KB, 324x333px
>>31089678
Okay, faggot. Tell me how I should change my workout routine for >MUH GAINS.
>>
>tfw fucked up my lower back with deadlifts a week ago
pretty sure i pulled my left erector. tried doing some light weight (135lb) squats today but on the third set the pain came back.
>>
>>31089687
Alright fuck stick, I'll actually take time out of my goddamn day to fix your disgusting pathetic routine.
So first off, sit-ups don't do a fucking thing. They're fucking useless besides stimulating fatigue and exploding your hip flexors. No fucking clue why the army still uses them, but they are about 20 years behind in the fitness knowledge. Now fuck writing a routine out for you, because I can't create a small routine that will enable to sprint in full kit with your wounded buddy who is also in full kit. So instead, I'll tell you what I do. First look up gymnastic bodies, run by a guy named sommer, he used to be an Olympic gymnastics coach, and a damn good one. Now buy his foundation programs for like $500 US and by the time you finish those you will have amazing body control in all plains of motion. Now to help with your most likely terrible mobility, you should buy a book called becoming a supple leopard version 2, by dr Kelly starrett. That will help you achieve the mobility to successfully complete the foundation programs a lot faster. Now after you've finished the foundation programs move onto SOFLETE heroic training, start with strength, then when you're strong enough to do the full kit shit, move to stamina. At that point you will actually be ready if shit goes down. Hell you could even try out for sf selection. Oh and almost forgot, whilst you are doing foundation also do couch to 5k on 3 of your off days, and once you can do 5k at a decent speed, move onto replacing one run session with a swim session.
You better fucking appreciate this.
Xoxo gossip girl
>>
File: 1471983105240.jpg (17KB, 350x269px) Image search: [Google]
1471983105240.jpg
17KB, 350x269px
>>31089763
What in fuck's name kind of advice is this? You're just a shill. Kys, faggot.
>>
>>31089804
do you think good programming is free dipshit? This ain't jonnie candito, talking about an actual Olympic sport here boyo
>>
>>31089822
I bet I could kick your ass irl, faggot.
>>
Chris Evans claims he's not anti-gun, but supports that Masshole lady who's pushing for an AWB.

He's either a soft-hands suburbanite or just another Hollywood prostitute.

I nominate Snake Russell for /kfc/ mascot.
>>
>>31089840
Time stamp of what you look like boyo
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 610x538px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 610x538px
>>31089857
You sound scared, pussy.
>>
>>31089868
Confirmed fat cunt
>>
File: bodyweight.periodic.jpg (534KB, 948x797px) Image search: [Google]
bodyweight.periodic.jpg
534KB, 948x797px
>>
File: 1471107860395.png (1MB, 1603x511px) Image search: [Google]
1471107860395.png
1MB, 1603x511px
Since I can't workout outside of a pool, I'm just trying to watch my calorie intake.

I do miss being able to workout though.
>>
>>31084022
> Fell for the T-Rex meme...
>>
>>31088938
>Military also doesnt seem to understand the long term affects of running long distance in boots. Fucking up everyones knees before their 30.

Oh yeah, oh yeah. I never shammed PT, except for running in boots or running in body armor days. And if I couldn't get out of it, I'd walk the whole way. I didn't care if I looked like a piece of shit.

I'm about to hit 30 and feel in the best shape of my life, while my buddies who went full moto are like creaky old men with a laundry list of back and knee problems.
>>
>>31082497
i was going to the gym every day but then my gf of 6 years left me so i got depressed and between booze and such i've lost my shape. I'm getting back into the gym and i'm on a two week swimming holiday next week. Should help. Training for a half marathon.
>>
>>31082497
I lift for looks, right now doing a slow slow cut to keep my mass.
6'5" 230
Bench - 275
DL- 445
Squat- 375
OHP: (don't do 1rm) 145x6
Best mile I hit consistently: 6min
I'm content. As soon as I get this last bit of fat off I'm doing a clean bulk.
>>
File: 3-Condition Draw Times.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3-Condition Draw Times.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>31082497
Varies between whether or not I’m interacting more at the time with my Air Force brother or my Marine coworker.
Mostly HIIT training with said Marine. Basically Crossfit, but without the name brand or gym culture.
I don’t lift heavy, since Crossfit focuses more on reps and cardio, but my 1 RMS are
Push Press: 165 lb
Bench Press: 245 lb
Squat: 305 lb
Deadlift: 345 lb

>What are your goals?
Get down to ~12% BF
Deadlift 405 without bands/mixed grip/hook grip
Run a sub-7 minute mile.

>How much to you integrate fitness into tactical training?
I don’t. I make sure I can use my firearms well, but I’ve never really incorporated the two.
I don’t think my draw times would be any better if I was stronger or faster, for example.

>What unconventional exercise do you do?
I’ve played with wooden swords since I was a kid. Kept up the practice into adulthood for fun and stress relief. Gives me decent grip strength and forearms.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.