[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Public Shooting Land in South/Central TX?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: TX.png (76KB, 756x550px) Image search: [Google]
TX.png
76KB, 756x550px
I see all you lucky bastards posting pictures of what it's like to go innawoods.

I want to experience it. A tent, supplies, and your rifle. Sounds fucking liberating.

But for the life of me I can't find any public lands in TX. Am I just shit outta luck?
>>
File: 1262882527371.jpg (132KB, 450x373px) Image search: [Google]
1262882527371.jpg
132KB, 450x373px
>>31079415

>public land
>Texas

Where do you think you are? New Mexico?
>>
>>31079425
Apparently so.

And here I thought I lived in a cool state.

I'm just so fucking tired of shooting paper in a lane.
>>
>>31079432

Texas is a free state, the people own the land, not the politicians. That is a good thing.

Make some fucking friends.
>>
>>31079443
Funny you say that. I've got one gun friend. He knows a guy who owns land.

The catch? This friend of a friend with the land is certifiably fucking nuts. I dont trust him with a pocket knife, much less a fucking firearm.
>>
>>31079415
Supposedly shooting on A national FOREST (not park) is allowed. The only one I know of is in Bastrop, Texas. Not sure how close that is to you and I'm not 100% sure you can shoot there but it's worth asking.
>>
>>31079415
Thats funny OP

I live in El Paso and was looking for land to shoot on as well. I came to a dead end when googling it and didn't follow up. A lot of people go out east of the city to shoot, but I'm not sure thats legal.
>>
>>31079415
Hard to come by honestly. Best bet is to make friends with someone who owns land. Then again call up the game wardens or DPS and maybe they can point you in the right direction.
>>
Where the fuck could a person shoot a gun if he lives in the 806 area??
>>
>>31079500
Hmm, not too far. May be worth looking into.
>>31079536
Yeah, google-fu yielded unsatisfactory results for me as well.
>>31079571
The long term plan is to buy a 30 acre patch of dirt myself. But in the mean time I feel like I'm missing out big time.
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 640x870px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 640x870px
>>31079605
Dunno if this applies to Bastrop. Call park rangers to be sure.
>>
>>31079631
Yeah, I'd definitely call someone in charge first.

Thanks Anon.
>>
Crockett national forest out east is pretty cool. I go camping and shoot there often.
>>
>>31079905
>Crockett national forest
You're allowed to shoot there?
>>
>>31081748

If there's no warden or ranger around you can do whatever you want.

But in most of those places there are designated target areas and unless you're actively hunting no other shooting allowed.
>>
>>31079500
They shut down the ability to shoot on land like this around 2014
>>
any 936 bros?
>>
>>31079571
>hey warden is there any place i can go and... you know... just fuckin shoot in random directions and shit?
>>
>>31079415
Where are you located?

I'm in south texas, but I'd be hard pressed to let one of you fucks loose on my land to just go off and fucking shoot at trees and shit.
>>
>>31079459
sack up and go out there
>>
Laredo has a nice rifle club, as does Carrizo springs.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.