[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legacy Guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: dw22.jpg (178KB, 700x356px) Image search: [Google]
dw22.jpg
178KB, 700x356px
I want a revolver that can be passed down to my kids when I have them. What is the most high quality revolver that is in 357 or 44 mag.?

I would also like for it to be practical, something they could actually carry if they needed to.

I do not car if the gun has more then six shots however I would like there to be no less then six.

I was thinking about a Dan Wesson but I have little to no experience with what qualifies as a "Quality" revolver, so any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>31074467
s&w or colt.
>>
Dan Wessons made in Monson Massachusetts are solid. The cylinder stop spring does have a tendency to wear out and can cause throw-by over time.
>>
>>31074645
What makes a quality revolver "quality"?
Also what does that mean, i know about semi-autos I do not know about revolvers.
>>
Buy multiple Nuggets.
Make multiple Obrez
CC an Obrez
Give Obrez to Children.
>>
File: R-319577-1232235188.jpeg.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
R-319577-1232235188.jpeg.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>31074467
The best quality revolvers you're going to find will be Manhurin 73's and Korth combat's, each around 3000 dollars in good condition.
>>
Get a Smith and Wesson 686 or a Ruger GP-100. If you intend for your kids to have it 'just in case' get a nice holster like something made by Milt Sparks, and a couple of good speedloaders. Laying in a couple of boxes of solid defensive ammo wouldn't be a bad call either.
>>
>>31074467
SW 686 with "Detroit Police Stamped" on the barrel!
>>
>>31074467
get an OLDER dan wesson. i have a model 14 first gen (14 has fixed sights, 15 has adjustable) and its a fine piece.
>>
>>31077142
lol tfw when i live in france and manurhin can be picked up for 350 euros
>>
>>31080479
so about $400 burger bucks, and actually manhurins go for like $550-600, finding one for $500 isnt all that rare.
>>
>>31074467
Colt Python
>>
>>31074467
>people recommending Dan weapons as legacy guns
Jesus fuck they made some shitty fucking revolvers. Whatever you do Op avoid DW revolvers.
>>
korth combat. sure its $4000, but it really is a legacy gun

on the semiauto side, a pardini gt9 or sphinx 2000s (the old out of production ones, not the current ones)
>>
>>31080479
Shut up...seriously? I live in germanistan and I´m aching for one.
>>
Taurus judge
>>
>>31077142
>The best quality revolvers you're going to find will be Manhurin 73's and Korth combat's, each around 3000 dollars in good condition.

Was going to inb4 Manurhin. Fucking aesthetic.
>>
>>31074467
>What is the most high quality revolver that is in 357 or 44 mag.?
Korth or Janz.

probably more in your affordability range yet still exceptional quality is Manurhin.

other good options are S&W 27 and Colt Python, both made before the 80's.
>>
>>31080479
The surplus ones are shot out to death. The civilian ones are gud ones
>>
>>31074467
Korth makes really high quality revolvers. They are very pricey though.

My grandfather passed down a smith and Wesson police revolver to me. He bought it in the 1970s and it still functions just fine with regular maintenance.

In my experience, guns last as long as you want them to. Parts will ware out faster the more you use it, but you can minimize the ware and tear by just doing simple monthly maintenance.

The big thing to keep up on is the springs and cylinder timing. I'd also make friends with a gunsmith, just to have someone nearby that can help you with more advanced issues that come up.

Also, I would buy replacement parts for whatever you can, no matter what you decide to buy. You never know what company may go out of business.
>>
>>31081002
thanks
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.