[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Britains move to ban "Zombie Knives"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 27

File: image.jpg (70KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 600x600px
Britain has once again proven how cucked they are by banning knives of "No specific style but very ornate and intended to shock". The ban is under the guise that gangs carry them specifically by name. Even though this ban is completely uninforcable, it's one more way the police can strip you of your rights and throw you in jail if your knife looks scary enough, apparently.

Caroline Pidgeon, Liberal Democrat leader in the London Assembly, said:

“The sale of so called zombie and long-bladed knives has no practical purpose other than the pursuit of violence. A complete prohibition on their sale could not come sooner.”

Here's what a liberal sauce has to say about it:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/sale-of-lethal-zombie-killer-knives-to-be-banned-in-the-uk-a6804976.html

WEW LADS
>>
***by moving to ban, they haven't banned them yet I think - typo
>>
Another pointless, unenforced law like banning "combat knives".
>>
>>31073793
> lethal zombie killer knives
kitchen or garden knifes are less lethal?
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 346x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 346x540px
>next year
>Britain moves to ban lethal kitchen killer knives.
>>
As a britbong I am wondering how is best to move to Murica-land. It won't be long until we have to use plastic spoons as everything else would be too dangerous
>>
>>31073851
They tried a few years ago, then stopped as they realized it was unenforcable
>>
File: IMG_20160817_200903113.jpg (2MB, 3771x2121px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160817_200903113.jpg
2MB, 3771x2121px
>>31073867
Tell obama ur a mexican Syrian gay Muslim black man and want weed and welfare and no guns and you practically get teleported to a free state
>>
>>31073902
Immaculate, thanks Obama!
>>
Are any Brits actually standing up to this? Fighting back?
Of course I don't just mean "zombie knife prohibition," I mean the whole shebang - is someone, anyone fighting to allow people in the UK to have a right to self defense, or to keep and bear arms?
All I ever hear from here in the US is how the British have banned yet another (now silly) instrument that could possibly be dangerous under their TSA-style interpretations, and no response from the average Brit.
I fully expect one day to hear that the British have banned metal spoons, as they could be sharpened on a rock, or worse yet, used dull to cut someone's heart out in a painful manner, or that no china teacups are allowed because if they were to break, the shards could be used as a weapon...and then to hear Brits on the street being quoted as saying "well, right you are, that could leave a nasty cut."
For God's sake, Britain, it's too late to stop the erosion, start fighting back! How did you even get here?
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 560x420px
>>31073793

>"The sale of so called zombie and long-bladed knives has no practical purpose other than the pursuit of violence. A complete prohibition on their sale could not come sooner.”

Isn't that tacitly admitting the pursuit of violence is legitimate?
>>
>Zombie knives banned
>can still order a COLD STEEL™ latin machete to my house for less than £20
Why dont they stop fucking about and just ban murder lads?
>>
>>31073921
No problamo white honkey nigga.
Fuck you, *snorts dick cheese*
*Wags tail*
>>
>>31073793

I enjoy having free healthcare, free university, an unarmed police force, a judicial system that can't execute me, being able to drink and gamble at 18 whilst living in a low crime country. I'll take not owning a "zombie knife" or an assault rifle for that matter.
>>
>>31073793
As long as I can keep my Mossberg 590 24" and my Mosin in my shed, then I am fine, who needs a knife when you have lead.
>>
File: implying.jpg (88KB, 490x516px) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
88KB, 490x516px
>>31074120
>""""free""""
>>
>>31074120
>""""unarmed police force""""
>>
>>31074026

The debate is won in Britain. Nobody stands up to anything. If it looks scary they ban it. If it sounds scary they ban it. If they see something scary in a movie, you better believe they ban it. They'd ban sharp corners if they could figure out how.
>>
>>31074120
>"""free healthcare"""
>"""free university"""
>"""low crime country"""
>>
>>31074430

Knives are used for lots of things other than defense you know right? In fact a knife is about the most useful tool you can have. If you stuck me in the middle of the wilderness and told me I only got one tool I'd probably take a knife over a gun. These knives were silly too. Most of them are completely useless for actual combat and really just being banned because they look scary. Hell the knife in the picture is more useful as a utility knife than a defense weapon.
>>
Jesus, can we put forward a motion on the UN to get the entirety of the UK medicated for anxiety and paranoid schizophrenia?

Living in fear of absolutely everything up to and including novelty knives sounds like hell on earth. I mean, I prefer the philosophy of their police force and their healthcare service, but it seems the price to pay for rationality in some areas is to be treated like a dirty peasant when it comes to others.
>>
Yet you can still own a kitchen knife which could be more deadly than the one in the pic?

Fuck, UK get your shit together
>>
>>31074120
anon you know you pay for all of that with your high taxes, right?
>>
File: 1471495667012.jpg (110KB, 331x485px) Image search: [Google]
1471495667012.jpg
110KB, 331x485px
I showed this thread to my british friend and he saw nothing wrong with the ban. Britcucks, everyone.
>>
>>31074673
No the OP knife is a lot deadlier than a kitchen knife, probably the deadliest in existence
I mean it has a skull on it! And a belt-thing that goes up!
>>
>>31073793

Ah, yes is it time again for the Brit hate circlejerk thread in which legit freedom loving Brits get shat on and pathetic cowards discuss how they can runaway to America, whilst we all pretend that everything is hunky-dory in America.

>>31074026

For zombie knives? No, noone gives a shit. This is the government taking a retarded stance to appear tough on crime.
>“Whilst we haven’t got significant evidence of a huge increase in sales, there is enough evidence for it to be worrying and we are looking to work on a form of words that bans these weapons.”

Pretty much proves my point.

>>31074540

Agreed on the first point, but the rest is bullshit. What we see in the UK is pretty much the same with California or NYC, people are so removed from firearm ownership they can't imagine anything about firearms excluding movies. video games and armed forces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3P5YlVsPWE

>>31074642

We don't live in fear though, the government and the media can certainly make it seem that way, but we don't. Just the same in way that it can appear from outside the US is that there's a 'mass murder' spree every five minutes.

>>31074673

Dude its like the democrats banning the black scary parts of an AR-15 'salt rifle, nothin but political posturing.
>>
>>31073818
>>31073851
over 90% of knife crime in Britain is done with kitchen knives, as in exactly the same knife in the picture. You'd think some people would make it easier on themselves and use something actually designed for killing something like a smatchet or a dagger
>>
>>31074642
>medicated for anxiety and paranoid schizophrenia

Atleast we don't need to carry a weapon to feel protected.

Also no one really lives in fear in the UK. It's just the retarded government. Trust me there alot of weird laws (like defending yourself too much is unreasonable and punishable) and some things you thought were illigal are legal, such as public nudity
>>
>>31074780
>Defending yourself too much

My life or theirs

God, the UK is a backwards place
>>
>>31074620
>>31073793

The solution is to replace the green with red and start selling them as vampire knives.
>>
>>31074792

Some states have the same laws moron.
>>
>>31074852
They're not really part of the US then, it's fine
>>
>>31074792

I don't know about you but I would consider stabbing someone's eye and killing them for trying to pickpocket me on the train too much.
>>
File: 1469616950217.png (229KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469616950217.png
229KB, 450x500px
>>31073793
>Senior officers are particularly concerned at the damage that such weapons can cause if used in an attack, warning that the mixture of sharp points and bladed and serrated edges on the knives would be likely to inflict lethal injuries in a stabbing.
>>
>>31074026

There's not much to take a stand against. No one here is interested in a right to bear arms, because the entire country is safe enough to mean that someone who is walking around with a weapon is either an overzealous retard or a criminal.

Guns are a privilege and can be had by almost anyone without a criminal record.

I'd also make a point of not believing everything you read on the news, and subjecting yourself to confirmation bias. 4chan likes to blow things out of proportion, it would be like me genuinely believing that if I went outside in the US I would get shot by the police and receive a happy meal and a $14,000,000 bill in hospital.
>>
>>31074931
Well, the 14m bill is right if you aren't insured
>>
>>31074931

Right....crime doesn't exist in Britain.
>>
>>31074931
>No one here is interested in a right to bear arms, because the entire country is safe enough to mean that someone who is walking around with a weapon is either an overzealous retard or a criminal.

Whilst I agree with the general point, I disagree with your phrase you have to "an overzealous retard or a criminal" to CCW or OC. There's nothing wrong with planning for a worse case scenario.
>>
>>31074026

Nope.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1654286/bear-grylls-shamelessly-plugging-237-zombie-knives-on-his-website-despite-deadly-weapons-being-banned/
>>
File: rotherham.jpg (343KB, 624x810px) Image search: [Google]
rotherham.jpg
343KB, 624x810px
>>31074120

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX5CPx4RKWw

JUST
>>
File: Woman-Comforting-Lee-Rigby.jpg (141KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
Woman-Comforting-Lee-Rigby.jpg
141KB, 620x413px
>>31074931

>so safe

m8 your country is weak and pathetic. you let sandniggers groom and rape your tweens, behead people in the streets, and take over your neighbourhoods, turning them into sharia zones.
>>
>>31074974

Who said that?

Low level crime does exist in britain, but the level of crime that would need to exist to necessitate a societal attitude towards carrying a weapon at all times does not, and will not.

>>31074980

In principle I agree. Sure in a country like the US carrying a concealed or open weapon is a fairly logical, but in the UK it is fairly pointless. The Police here are trustworthy and effective enough to deal with any major problems and the likelihood that one would need a weapon is so much smaller than in the US that it really does become overkill. Think of it this way, if you live in Africa, a Toyota Land Cruiser makes perfect sense because you might have to traverse difficult terrain, but if you live in London the likelihood that you will need to traverse difficult terrain is so much smaller that it renders the vehicle redundant. Recreation is a completely different matter.

>>31075088

You keep on reading those tabloids and lacking that critical thinking ability in you badly fitting metal t shirt my friend, it's very endearing.
>>
>>31075217
>badly fitting metal t shirt my friend

what

Keep sticking your head in the sand while the savages in Calais mount their invasion.
>>
File: orwell on guns.jpg (89KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
orwell on guns.jpg
89KB, 850x400px
>>31075217
Jesus H. Christ. What a fucking herd animal.

See, folks? This is what happens in just two generations when you DON'T DO YOUR FUCKING JOB.
>>
>>31075252

I'll keep that in mind for the future and avoid the state sanctioned shariah law zones, thanks
>>
>>31075267

Or just smugly shitpost while Islam conquers the west, whatever floats your boat. I hope you like the idea of your grandchildren wearing burqas and your sons being thrown off of buildings for being fags.
>>
>>31075217

I've never seen someone so cucked.
>>
>>31073793
>The rise to 15 in the number of killings
Holy shit Britain, I don't blame you. Just one life right guys? : ^ )
>>
>>31075262

Damn Britain. You used to be cool. What happened?
>>
>>31075262

care to elaborate?

If you're going to start with that nonsense that everything gets banned every ten minutes and that everyone is constantly under surveillance I'd remind you that the US is the absolute king of health and safety nannyism. You can't even buy a car without 100 different warning stickers in the interior warning you not to steer with your teeth.

I'm sheeple for what? Exposing that the notion of everything is being banned for no good reason is a false one?
>>
>>31075321

Nigga I'm from a different part of Europe and I am not a noguns and I think you are a huge cuck, also.
>>
>>31075300

Really nice irony going on in this post.

>>31075302

Do you actually have anything meaningful to say or do you want to repeat some buzzwords at an opinion that challenges your beliefs?
>>
>>31075339

Simply using the word cuck is not an argument
>>
Threads likes these prove that /k/ is pseudo-/pol/, /k/ loves pretends it isn't /pol/.

>>31075217
>but in the UK it is fairly pointless

Nope, never pointless to have the ability to protect yourself.

>The Police here are trustworthy and effective enough to deal with any major problems and the likelihood that one would need a weapon is so much smaller than in the US that it really does become overkill.

Typical bobby sure, as an organisation? Bullshit, they'll happily try and coverup any mistake they make. You aren't even allowed to use the policy crime stats in academic work because they're so vulnerable to manipulation, only the National Crime Victimization Survey is useable.
>>
File: billboard.jpg (121KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
billboard.jpg
121KB, 500x333px
>>31075344

>being terminally cucked

RIP
>>
>>31075300

>implying it is bad for fags to be thrown off of buildings

lol
spotted the dicksucker
>>
>>31075321
You know air rifles are being restricted in scotland right?
>>
>>31075373

we need fags to go shopping with our wives.
i'm not going to let a bunch of backwards savage kill OUR fags.
>>
>>31075357

What the fuck is wrong with you?
this is 4chan, since when do i need an argument to call you out on your obvious faggotry, you fucking summerfaggot
>>
File: 1470322842185.png (429KB, 399x614px)
1470322842185.png
429KB, 399x614px
>>31075387
I see you got your understanding of 4chan from ED.
>>
File: bpxnrl38bgevvyoon.jpg (16KB, 379x288px) Image search: [Google]
bpxnrl38bgevvyoon.jpg
16KB, 379x288px
>>31075410

I have no idea what ED is and I lurked a lot longer than you.

nice picture, newfaggot
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 400x500px
>all of this shit about the UK
>Australia is arguably just as bad
>no crime
>FREE healthcare even if you don't pay taxes
>FREE schooling
>no interest loans on further education
>everything is available with a liscense

So, if the whole argument American puts forward as to why Britain is shit, is that there are actually criminals and jihadists there in large numbers, as they seemingly can't contest these laws on any grounds other than "self-defense", what does that make Australia?
We genuinely don't have serious crimes, and 1 or 2 acts of real terrorism in the last few decades. Americucks? Do you feel like smaller men even if no one else has guns/knives?

I personally think this is a good move, if it saves one person from being stabbed by an autistic retarded from this board, it is worth it.
>>
>>31075438
>Projecting this much.
>>
>>31075441

>FREE

doctors work for free huh? And teachers? Wow sounds great anon. Hey what are your tax rates like you big fag?
>>
>>31075438

Different anon, if you've been here for any length of time, you should know what ED is. You're a bigger newfag than he is. Check urself before u #rekt urself bud.
>>
>>31075360

>Nope, never pointless to have the ability to protect yourself.

No one in the UK is ever going to meet a criminal with a handgun apart from 1 or 2 isolated circumstances over a decade.

>Typical bobby sure, as an organisation? Bullshit, they'll happily try and coverup any mistake they make

While the Police as an institution has it's problems when it comes to treatment of detainees and at a managerial level cost based decision making, it's fair to say that on an individual level they succeed in preventing and stopping crime by being polite, courteous, respectful and intelligent. This is fairly evident by the relative lack of visible police in the street and the fairly low level of crime in England in general.

If I'm to give an anecdotal example, living in London, the only person I know who ever got mugged was approached by 3 teenager (he was also in school) who were later apprehended at a local McDonalds.

>>31075375

This does strike me as a little strange, but the Scottish people voted for the policy so I have to respect their decision.
>>
>>31075457
My tax rates are ZERO, as I can declare business expenditures to negate my costs, and until this time I simply didn't make enough profit per anum to be taxed.
I also have yet to pay back my education loans, and went to public schooling most of my life.
Teachers and doctors are paid like dirt here, and it only attracts people who genuinely want to do the job, although they do get the great benefits compared to other countries.
Our government simply makes so much off of the mining shit that taxes stop being a problem for anyone that actually gives a shit about what they go to. I don't mind paying for better roads, schools, and hospitals, just the majority of people don't pay in to that.

I am not sure how this relates to weapons though?
>>
>>31075491
>Scottish people voted for the policy so I have to respect their decision
Except they didn't. It was pushed by the SNP and was considered unenforcable and stupid by every government for ten years prior.
>>
>>31075387

You appear to lack some intelligence

>>31075438

This may be because you are around 14 years old
>>
File: nhs.jpg (29KB, 670x235px) Image search: [Google]
nhs.jpg
29KB, 670x235px
>>31075500

>doctors paid shit

wow sounds great.

>how does this relate to weapons

It doesn't, you were saying how great free healthcare is.
>>
>>31075501

The SNP are who they voted for.

Quite as to why I don't know, the party is absurd and dysfunctional, but that was their vote and they have a right to it. The policy was on the SNP manifesto, if Scottish people felt that this was a policy which they could not get behind then they would have defaulted back to labour, but evidently not.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 500x667px
>>31075526
>NHS
>Australia
Kek
People becoming doctors here know they will get paid like dirt, so people who want to make bank don't become doctors. People who want to help others become doctors.
Strange how that works ey cunt?
>>
File: you-keep-using-that-word.jpg (36KB, 684x384px) Image search: [Google]
you-keep-using-that-word.jpg
36KB, 684x384px
>>31075441

>FREE
>>
>>31075491
>No one in the UK is ever going to meet a criminal with a handgun apart from 1 or 2 isolated circumstances over a decade.

Please address what I say. Not what you think I said.

Owning a firearm is never pointless as it is the most effective method for self-defence, likelihood is irrelevant when it comes to rights.

>If I'm to give an anecdotal example, living in London, the only person I know who ever got mugged was approached by 3 teenager (he was also in school) who were later apprehended at a local McDonalds.

Again, irrelevant. I too live in London, but the likelihood of experiencing crime doesn't change anything in regards to having the right to protect yourself.
>>
>>31075555

It doesn't really work. I live in Canada with "Free" healthcare and it's also shit.
>>
>>31075457
>>31075526

Why do people like you always suggest that every person having the provision of healthcare is so fucking horrendously immoral?

Private healthcare and health insurance is still here, it always has been and always will be, but public healthcare exists for those that can't afford it.
>>
>>31075562
>Too poor to pay taxes
>Use healthcare system

>"Nuh Uh not freeeeee"
Seems pretty free to me mate.
>>
>>31075344

I'll respond with something meaningful when you present a meaningful argument.

You say crime rates are like, totally low, over there, right? Well then.....why does it make sense to ban a bunch of shit?
>>
>>31075540
Because they were totally thinking about Andrew Morton and not about the failed independence vote.

No one voted SNP because they wanted air rifles banned, they voted because of a rush of shit to the brain that made them think that replacing labour with a party with no chance of majority control would somehow keep Cameron out.
>>
>>31075570
>It doesn't really work

It does here, have gone in for 2 broken limbs, a serious concusion, bronchitis, and a heap of other conditions.
Never waited longer than an hour, which anyone can man up through if I could do it with a broken arm and nose, and never paid a dime.
Shits real son, everyone uses it, never heard a complaint.
>>
>>31075580
You ever consider that the combination of high taxes and forced minimum wage is what makes employing someone new too much of a risky investment?

No of course not.
>>
>>31075573

I didn't say it was immoral, don't be a spaz.

It just happens to be shit in practise because there is no such thing as a free ride, so the people who pay, pay for everyone.
>>
>>31075631
>too much of a risky investment
Tell the person that their children's education is covered, their healthcare is covered, they get a government home-loan, and a stable job for the rest of their lives, and they take it, every time.
Never met a medical dropout, government doesn't even have doctor on it's recent critical skills list, so it seems that is not a worry.

>>31075635
>still thinking about money

The mining bubble that Australia is sitting in will tide us over until the agri bubbles expands again, money is not a problem for the government right now. They just scalp the mines because they can't move their business, and the Chinese will pay whatever price comes along.

Tbh senpaitachi, trying to point out a lack of funding in Australia is a really silly thing to do right now, with the mining boom what it is. Any other opinions as to why the healthcare is bad?
Or more on topic, why we would need guns/knives for self-defence?
>>
File: 1465696611154.png (367KB, 800x635px)
1465696611154.png
367KB, 800x635px
>>31075438
Holy fuck, die please
>>
>>31075631

Injecting here to say that the cost of living in the UK vs US is very hard to do, due to the extensive welfare/support system that may totally nullify any of the high tax cost (presuming you are on a high tax band).
>>
>>31075565

the organised restriction of certain weapons=/=not having a right to self defence

Thinking logically, if handguns were legal to concealed carry in London don't you think that the number of shootings would largely increase? You've introduced a much more deadly weapon into the pool at much greater availability.

One of the reasons this country has the 'reasonable force' wording in self defence laws is to prevent ridiculous cases wherein defence from a petty crime escalates into something much more serious. Your right to self defence hasn't disappeared, it just now has limitations that prevent you from abusing it.

I never said that the individual does not or should not have a right to self defence, but improving your own sense of security at the risk of everyone's (including your own) safety is nonsensical
>>
>>31075702

>Australia

I thought we were talking about England
>>
>>31075596

Go ahead and reread

>>31075597

The SNP is a stupid vote, but if scottish people felt that the air rifle ban was a policy that they had an objection to then they wouldn't have voted. That the average SNP voter wasn't familiar with the policies is a separate matter that stems from their inability to make an informed decision, the consequences of which they are experiencing now.

They might be idiots, but who am I to tell them that they can't use their constitutional rights as a result?
>>
>>31074120
>I enjoy living in a prison

What's it like being sheep?
>>
>>31075765
You replied to a string of posts relating to Australia, on the basis that if everyone ITT is so butthurt simply because England "is actually dangerous, poor, and a third-world arab shithole, but no-one admits it", then Australia should be golden, because our laws are similair, only those complaints have no grounds here.
You get me?
>>
File: 1456835150455.jpg (30KB, 464x483px) Image search: [Google]
1456835150455.jpg
30KB, 464x483px
>>31073793
>when the common citizen of your country is so emotionally fragile you have to ban anything that could possibly frighten them to death
>>
>>31075733
>don't you think that the number of shootings would largely increase?
The main reason shootings are so high in America is because of a lack of willingness to enforce those laws. The shooters tend to be repeat offenders who marry-go round the system easily. 7/10 of all the victims of all the shootings in Chicago are already known to the local police force, yet they are rarely brought up on firearms charges that could land them serious prison time because of conflicting local, state, and federal laws.

There was a video of a woman discharging a firearm in anger at someone else in Chicago (with all shots missing) and she was let go the next day with a fine for not having a FOID card, despite the gun being stolen, despite not having a CCL, and despite it being an attempted murder. No one else spoke up at pressing assault charges. (She was already in the system for drug possession and a previous firearm conviction)

So no our higher gun crime rate is due to our lack of willingness to actually do something about the assholes who keep breaking the law.
>>
>>31075006
>Asian
>>
>>31075635

It's actually fairly functional in practise, you are just filtered through the worst case scenario horror stories.

The NHS provides first world healthcare absolutely free of charge

>but taxes

Ok so whatever percentage of my income tax (income tax varies on income, as expected, those making below a certain threshold dont pay at all) that goes to the NHS per year will still be less than the actual bill amount for medical services consumed during that year. hypothetically if £1000 of my income went to the NHS (the actual amount for a person earning 25k a year) then I would still come out better off if I had any procedures as there would be no charge on any services I use. Even if I don't have any procedures whatsoever for 20 years and I still pay into the system, I'm still better off after those 20 years if I decide to undergo a medical procedure or opt for more expensive health insurance.

The system works and it works well
>>
>>31074882
Yeah, we do too. But if someone is breaking into my house in the middle of the night with a crowbar/kitchen knife/gun/etc, or tries to mug me with one of the same, I have the right to use equal or superior force to thwart them. Once they attempt to do physical harm to me or my family, their own personal safety is forfeit, period.
Here in the US, lethal force isn't about defense of property rights, it's about defense of the person. If the pickpocket becomes a mugger threatening to stab me with a screwdriver, that is lethal force. I don't have to rummage around for a screwdriver to provide a perfectly equal and opposite response, I can use a firearm. The onus I'd on the criminal not to create the situation which endangers both our safety.
>>
>>31075890

You've focused on a sentence of my whole argument but whatever I'll bite.

It is moronic to say an increase in the actual flow of firearms would not lead to more shooting, the proportion of increase in rate and increase in shooting is irrelevant, but the number will increase.

I think you fail to understand just how few guns there are in London, over the past 10 years the same 6 guns have changed hands through a variety of London's gangs and have been used in gun crime (which by the way in this country when talking about handguns constitutes as any incident where the gun is in existence), considering the ridiculously small number of initial firearms, it is obvious that the likelihood of a violent crime greatly increases when the facility for such a crime is more readily available. Increasing the number of guns in London by just 20 would be doubling the pool from which a potential criminal can draw from.

As a result it is clear to see that introducing a gun to such an environment does more harm than good, as while on a personal level you may feel more secure, the environment around you suddenly has a much higher likelihood of a gun crime occurring. Ultimately your right to self defence of your person is intended to provide a deterrent for crime to exist, and creating an environment in which crime cannot exist is the ideal circumstance as it eliminates the very problem you are trying to solve.
>>
>>31075438
>Have no idea what ED is
>I've been here a while
kek
>>
>>31074120
I wished I lived in bongistan. I could just call myself a muslim and I would have a free pass to fondle little girls.
>>
>>31074780
>need

There's that word again...
>>
>>31073793
I don't agree with taking knives away but goddamn those things are faggoty beyond belief.
>>
>>31076046
So you're more okay with getting stabbed than using a gun to protect yourself?
>>
>>31076046
>Ultimately your right to self defence of your person is intended to provide a deterrent for crime to exist
I suggest you re-evaluate that.
>>
>>31074906
>Serrated edges
>Stabbing
Stabbing is hard when you're sawing the guy in half very slowly
>>
>>31076205
Yeah seriously, it's still fucked up though haha
>>
>>31076046
Your mistake is thinking our owning a gun is to defend society it isn't Its not to deter crime or reduce overall deaths. Its to protect YOU. I own a gun to protect myself and my wife. If some gang members are more likely to die, or some depressed dude is more likely to kill himself that is their problem not mine. The choices they make should not effect my right to defend my family. Thats why I don't care if its illegal I will always have one. I'd rather be in jail for breaking a unjust law then dead.
>>
>>31076046

Do you seriously think there's only 6 guns in London?
>>
>>31078343
So when ISIS plans an attack in London do they have to go ask around to find the 6 guns they have?
>>
>>31078343
Yall bein trolled so hard niggas...
>>
>>31073793
Fucking retards I hate this country and at least 9/10 of the people in it.
>>
>>31076295

I'm more ok with not being at risk of being shot than using a gun for self defence.

You think if the average law abiding citizen starts carrying around a gun the average criminal is just going to carry on not packing and take his chances?

>>31076394

You misunderstand my statemnet, at a base level, your right to self defence is intended to deter crime

>>31078280

>Your mistake is thinking our owning a gun is to defend society

actually that's not what I said at all

>>31078343

That's not what I said at all
>>
>>31074026
I wish I had guns :(
but everyone is so antifuns, we will never own guns.
>>
>>31074120
>Free university
>"assault rifle"
>"low crime country"

Nicola Sturgeon detected
>>
>>31075597
As a Scot I can say the attitude here is not that the SNP are champions of the people -- it's that Scottish Labour are a fucking disgrace to the name, Conservatives will never ever get voted in in Scotland, and lol Greens. The SNP is for the most part a choice of exclusion, not necessarily what we want but further away from what we don't.

I would kill for a political party that wasn't the SNP but also wasn't Labour/Tory and had an actual chance of doing anything unlike Greens, and nearly everybody I know feels the same.

Admittedly I do not live in Lothian or D&G, but they don't really count as Scottish.
>>
I'm sure I'll live without a zombie knife

I use proper knives, not cheap green shit. Banning knifes on the whole is completely unenforceable, so I don't give a fuck.

I'm not a chav, and I don't carry a knife in silly places where I really don't need one, but I will carry a completely illegal knife when out in the countryside on a shoot, or camping. Usually a fucking huge kabar. It doesn't concern me in the slightest. I won't get stopped and searched because I look normal, and I'm sensible in my actions.

Carry a ridiculous knife around without need and you're asking for trouble. If you look or act like a scumbag then you're asking for trouble, simple as that.

Same as guns. I'm a britcuck but I own 1x Remington semi auto shotgun, and 1x Mossberg pump action shotgun. I'd consider them pretty fucking lethal, and I own them legally.

No, I can't own a handgun, but then I don't need to, there's probably a handful of people in the whole of the UK carrying a gun at any one time, so I don't need to arm myself in public, but I get why Americans do.

Act sensible and do as you fucking please, that's generally all you need to do.
>>
>>31073867
stay in your own fucking country, then. you have your own problems to deal with, we have ours. last thing we need is some eurotrash brit taking our jobs and refusing to assimilate into our culture.
>>
>>31074687
He's Scottish, so he doesn't, the English do.
>>
>>31073808

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgRpZ-OdN7o

Even if they enforce it once, its more than enough.
>>
>>31083779
>>31074687
They also have one of the biggest budget deficits of a developed nation.
>>
File: 1451525320644.jpg (57KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1451525320644.jpg
57KB, 620x670px
>>31074120
>Free

Probably oldest meme in human history
>>
>>31075375
Honestly you could remove Scotland from the UK and half our problems would disappear overnight. The Romans had the right idea.
>>
>>31083732
>Those goddang limebacks! Swimmin' across the pond n' takin' our jobs!
>>
>>31074780
"Atleast we don't need to carry a weapon to feel protected."

How the fuck did you people go from the undisputed, greatest empire in the world to such a bunch of fucking pussies in such a short amount of time?

For every okay Brit I meet, I run across four pussies like you that say stupid shit like that.
>>
>>31075441
>free
>>31074120
>free
>>31075920
>free
>>31075580
>free

I see you guys didn't use your "free" university to study economics.
>>
>>31073793
Ha, leave it to the brits to write a law that actually just says scary looking things are illegal. We would never do that here in the grand ol' US of... oh wait... fuck me running we do that all the time.
>>
>>31084117
Part of me wishes the Scot independence vote had gone through just for the hilarious fallout.

>What do you mean we're not automatically a part of the EU?
>What do you mean we can't use the Euro?
>What do mean we can't use the pound?
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 960x720px
>>31074120
Stay cucked, faggot
>>
>>31084207
>Implying literally everyone in England isn't saying this about muslims
>>
All those bongs with "u don't need".

Dear bongs, you don't need:
-private transportation
-any weapon
-pets
So would you be okay with banning these?
>>
File: 1457764083125.jpg (162KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1457764083125.jpg
162KB, 1462x1462px
>be British
>watch the BBC while eating spotted dick
>>
>>31074120
>free healthcare

Highest tax rate in Europe, outside of the Nordic nations.

>free university

Highest tuition fees globally, and they were raised yet again this year.

>unarmed police force

Anyone that has ever visited a train station in an actual city will have encountered armed transport police.

>can't execute you

This is the only factually correct part of your statement, but let's be real. If you did something stupid enough to warrant the death penalty you kind of deserve it.

>drinking

Drinking is proven to harm brain development at young ages. There's a reason the most scientifically advanced nation on earth has the age set to 21.

>gambling

Why? Who the fuck would gamble in their own country instead of heading to Las Vegas?

>low crime

The UK is statistically the most criminal nation in Europe. In terms of strictly violent crimes, it beats South Africa and the US.
>>
>>31073793
Why not simply ban gang violence?
>>
>>31086299
Sorry there's so many niggers and spics where you live that you need guns to actually feel safe rather than for funs
>>
>>31090565
>Be American
>20 years old, prime of life
>Have my deadly assault weapon banned
>Decide to cheer myself up with a hand egg bet and a couple half sized cans of shitty lager
>Get mugged by a nigger
>Cops show up
>Get shot for illegally spending my money how I want and enjoying a single can of 2% frothy shit
>Thank God I live in the land of the free!
>>
>>31083515
This. All that banning cheap green pieces of shit will do is make it harder for chavs to wave them around on the internet, and I wouldn't call that a disaster for my rights. I can still own a decent shotgun and they're unlikely to be banned any time soon as Farmer Jones wants a Mossberg to shoot those pesky pigeons and he is exactly the sort of person the current government wants to appeal to. The only people with guns are usually rural folk or members of organised crime groups who for the most part aren't stupid enough to go around robbing random citizens at gunpoint. Most of the shootings here are criminals shooting other criminals
>>
>>31083515
This is spot on
Also what you need for the Mossberg?
>>
File: 1407408618799.jpg (52KB, 507x464px) Image search: [Google]
1407408618799.jpg
52KB, 507x464px
>take kitchen knife
>wrap neon green bandana around it
>now it's a dangerous weapon
>>
File: 1463363424525.jpg (32KB, 396x402px) Image search: [Google]
1463363424525.jpg
32KB, 396x402px
>>31075438
Stephan is only for sophisticated oldfags, newfags like you don't even know who he is
>>
>>31090615
>be bongolian
>20 years old but with the mental development of an infant due to all those epic pre-drinking sessions during fresher's week at lincoln university
>have my nando's voucher rejected for being out of date
>grab a butter knife and brandish it in front of a staff member
>PCSO appears from out of nowhere and gives me a stern talking to about how i'm an awful person and should cease immediately
>actual police officer appears and blasts my eyeballs with PAVA whilst telling me to stop resisting
>get charged for possession of a deadly weapon, possession of a deadly weapon in a public place, possession of a deadly weapon with intent to threaten, possession of a deadly weapon with intent to wound, and sixty three counts of GBH for hurting the delicate sensibilities of everyone in the restaurant
>sent to your new accommodation at her majesty's pleasure (somehow cleaner and safer than your old student housing)
>raped by wogs daily for the next twenty eight years
>"Thank the Queen they banned deadly assault knives, or they'd be stabbing me right now!"
>>
>>31083515
You failed to mention that your lethal automatic assault shotguns are restricted to 2+1 by law.
>>
>>31090634
Pretty much spot on, only part that ain't quite right is the homo nigger fucking in prison, it's only ameritards that suddenly fuck that BBC when they get sent to prison, in bongistan they just watch David Attenborough documentaries on it
>>
>>31090637
on an SGC they would be, but I'm guessing he has an FAC so they wounldn't.
>>
>>31074799

>vampire knives

Kekle

Silly law is silly law

Machete is a machete no matter what color you paint it

Knife is a knife
>>
>>31073867
Stay in your own country. Winston Churchill is rolling in his grave. FIX IT.
>>
>>31073793
How long until they ban skeleton costumes and jack-in-the-boxes for being too shocking?
>>
>>31073793
>zombie shit being banned
there is literally no way this isn't a good thing
>>
>>31075357
They're not arguing.

They're calling it like it is. You can't argue with facts.

And the fact is, Britain is extremely cucked to the max.
>>
>>31091678
the law has nothing to do with it being "lethal", or "shocking".
those are simply terms being thrown around by newspapers that like to use buzzwords that spark shock in readers..

the reason that these are being made illegal is the advertising promoting use for violent acts.

If they were marketed as "toxic waste" then it would be legal. "Fukushima sludge" katana, "Biohazard Green Bolo" etc, then they would be 100% legal.

the litigation is because the product naming and advertising is promoting the use of the items solely for violence. "Skull splitter" "Apocalyptic Decapitator". "Eviscerator". All that shit.

that's what the law is to ban.

Take the "skull splitter" repaint it pink, and call it the "Friendship is Magic: My little Pony Camping hatchet" and the product is 100% legal, as its not promoting the use of the object against people (or zombies).

Yes, its absurd, but 99% of this thread completely misses the point of what the litigation is trying to do - prevent the _promotion_ of violence.
>>
>>31091817
STOP KILLING THE MANDEM
>>
>>31091817
Because autistic names of knives incite violence... Sure~

Hardcore Henry, Suicide Squad, and similar movies should be banned under that same logic.

How about this... The person gets an illegal weapons charge if they use it in an illegal manner.

Saying a weapon incites/promotes violence because of name and/or theme is retarded.

As impossible/autistic as zombie survival fags are, if you're not willing to kill zombies via violence, then what're you going to do? Protest #zombielivesmatter as they infect your dwindling population? You've got to be shitting me.
>>
>>31091817
So it's thought control
>>
>>31075217
Carrying a gun in the US is also almost completely pointless. Most people who carry a gun never have a reason to justify drawing it. Those that do could often have resolved the situation through other means. Those most likely to need a gun on their person are also most likely to be unable to obtain one either because of local laws or an inability to afford them. Some exception may be made for shop owner/operators in particularly bad neighborhoods, and even just a few decades ago crime was much more common than today.

Don't let /k/ delude you, guns are, for most American gun owners, a hobby or tool used in another hobby such as hunting.
>>
>>31091817

you can "promote" any thing you want, you aren't responsible for other people's actions, period. wanting to accuse people of crime for "promoting" a certain image, act, product or whatever is LITERALLY thoughtcrime.

you're too fucking dense to realize that your country is on its way to becoming an Orwellian hellscape while the rest of the world laughs
>>
>>31092062

>Those that do could often have resolved the situation through other means

stop, you aren't fucking omnipotent, you're just making yourself look like a jackass
>>
>>31074120
>Free
Hahaha, someone didn't learn dick about economics.
>>
>>31074984
Nice click bait article link
>>
>>31075580
It's not free as someone is paying for it.the correct term would be " at no direct cost to me"
Prices on goods and services are often raised to offset taxes and fees.

Healthcare is not free anywhere on this planet.
>>
>>31075616
You didn't pay a dime directly.you paid for it in fees and price increases on goods and services. Your fellow citizens paid for it that way as well. Everyone paying taxes also paid for your healthcare. It's not FREE.
>>
>>31075702
Guns and knives aren't applied only to their like. A 4'10" 100lb woman being attacked by a 6' 200lb man is at a disadvantage and a gun or knife can level that out.

Statistically you are smaller and less skilled fighting than I am. A firearm could mean the difference between safety and a brutal ass raping if I decided to attack you.
>>
>>31075890
40 people involved in shootings in Chicago accounted for 640+ arrests. That's over 16 encounters with law enforcement per individual. The system does not work as is and needs revision. Guns are not the problem criminals and the way we process them is the problem.
>>
>>31073867
Don't bother America is losing its rights very rapidly too
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.