[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it acceptable to shoot someone if they charge at you with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: breeki.jpg (488KB, 1600x2133px) Image search: [Google]
breeki.jpg
488KB, 1600x2133px
Is it acceptable to shoot someone if they charge at you with a weapon after years of death threats?
>>
>>31071363

Death threats from you to them?
>>
Sure. Make sure you can prove everything beyond reasonable doubt though.
>>
>>31071363
Yes, unless you incited the violence by shooting at them first or threatened enough violence that they are given good reason to do so.
>>
>>31071363
>Is it acceptable to shoot someone if they charge at you with a weapon after years of death threats?

It's acceptable to shoot someone if they charge at you with a weapon period. Why the fuck do you need a death threat to percieve that as an immediate threat to your life?

Why the fuck are you even asking for self defense legality on 4chan of all places and not even state where you even live? I'm going to discount your post as a lazy ass hypothetical question so I'll tell you to go watch Massad Ayoob videos on youtube and call you a faggot.
>>
>>31071378
Other way around.
>>31071435
Because I'm asking from a moral standpoint mainly. It's someone in my family who I used to be dependent on.
>>
>>31071488

Yeah. But I doubt anyone is going to "charge at you with a weapon" as that is largely a trope.

But you could certainly do it.
>>
>>31071488
>Because I'm asking from a moral standpoint mainly.

Being threatened isn't something you can shoot someone for. If someone said they will get their ak and shoot the living shit out of you, that is not a time to shoot somebody.

Now, if they have the ak pointed at you and then say they will shoot the living shit out of you, yes. Fucking shoot them.

The moment somebody poses and IMMEDIATE and I mean I-M-M-E-D-I-A-T-E threat of serious bodily injury/harm to you or someone, you fucking stop them. Doesn't matter if it was your uncle Bill that always dropped you off at school and helped mom and dad pay for the bills at times.

It is legal and both moral. What would be immoral is putting a violent and aggressive piece of shit's life above you and your loved ones then dying when they come and stab you 30 times in the neck.
>>
File: 1458571352225.jpg (7KB, 264x292px) Image search: [Google]
1458571352225.jpg
7KB, 264x292px
>>31071363
Anything you want to tell us Anon?
>>
>>31071363
>Death threats
Call Po-Po so they can backtrace it.
>Death attempt
Yeah shoot.
>>
>>31071568
It isn't worth explaining in detail, I've just got some skeletons in my closet and want to move on but some people don't want me to.
>>
>>31071363
>years of death threats
>still not dead
sounds like he's all talk, if it's some useless retard it might be a little unnecessary to kill him
>>
>>31071363
Yes.

For the record you can even shoot them in Canada and be found not guilty of murder
>inb4 "the police take your gun and question you!"
It's called an investigation, after someone is shot the responsible thing to do is to make sure the shooting was actually justified.
>>
File: wepresidentnow.jpg (253KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wepresidentnow.jpg
253KB, 1600x1200px
>>31071363

Carry around a screwdriver to drop on the body, duh. Doesn't look weird if you get caught with it. "Oh uh, I was just working on my garage door opener and must have left it in my pocket."

"I don't know officer, it all happened so fast. He charged at me with an ice pick or something."
>>
>>31071594

Calling bullshit unless story is presented.
>>
>>31071363
But if you kill your enemies...they win.
>>
>>31071488
Gotta check your state laws. Some states require you try to escape first.
>>
>>31071363
when you come across the question of whether self defense is legal, the following rubric is helpful, even in non-SYG states:

Does the person have the following things which could be ascertained by a reasonable person observing him at the time of shooting?

>means
Does this nigga have a way to cause you grievous bodily harm or death? In your scenario, yes. He has a weapon.

>motive
Does the person demonstrate the intent to cause you grievous bodily harm or death? In your scenario, yes: he's charging you with a weapon and has documented threats of violence.

>opportunity
Does the person demonstrate the situational ability to actually kill or maim you? In your scenario, yes (conditionally): he has a weapon, is closing the gap between you and him, and (in non-SYG states) you haven't made mention of any reasonable avenues of escape.

If you can establish these three points, then you've established the attacker as an attempted murderer and that basically nails your SD affirmative defense.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.