[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Educate me /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: rhod.jpg (20KB, 236x290px) Image search: [Google]
rhod.jpg
20KB, 236x290px
How come some kind of private military or an independent mercenary force doesn't try and take advantage of Africa's resources or personnel.

If a squad of "rogue" mercenaries were to take control of an illegal mining operation, replacing the classic warlord and friends hierarchy, and making effective use of the resources wouldn't it open some interesting possibilities?

TL;DR: Why don't a bunch of trained dudes just remove random warlord and get rich?
>>
File: 134055036278.jpg (65KB, 480x342px) Image search: [Google]
134055036278.jpg
65KB, 480x342px
>>31070740
Because Warlords tend to have a short life span. After the fall of Apartheid South Africa, Rhodesia, and Portuguese Africa you saw mercenaries sign up with essentially warlords in the region to be a turning point in major conflicts.

Once the battles were won, typically the special forces were forced to flee or be arrested/murdered for being a wild card. The bigger problem though is that the takers would lack the man power to maintain control assuming they didn't have local cooperation.
>>
Because life isn't a movie
>>
>>31070740
because if white people do that shit again the UN gets involved.
>>
>>31070793
not OP but if the people who did it were a handful of well organized and trained white folk, with a benevolent leader willing to help the local populace rather than take full advantage, wouldnt it be possible for them to stay in power since theyd obviously have support
>>
>>31070826
see
>>31070825
>>
>>31070740
Katanga and the Comorros say hello.
>>
>>31070740
>TL;DR: Why don't a bunch of trained dudes just remove random warlord and get rich?
Happens in real life but it ain't easy.
>www.liveleak.com/view?i=e29_1405845415&comments=1
IIRC, there was also a documentary of some mercenary that were operating in a hind and removing rebels with M60s.
>>
File: avrikun werlerd.jpg (36KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
avrikun werlerd.jpg
36KB, 800x450px
>>31070842
>>31070825
then we need to use the ultimate camoflauge
>>
>>31070826
It really would not matter. They would be prey for nearby powers, and the world would do its best to make the nation illegitimate.
>>
>>31070825
>Implying the UN can enforce said laws
Neall Ellis would like a word with you from Sierra Leone
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bC0zPngc4c
>>31070852
link related above
>>
>>31070860
>>31070870
fucking glorious
>>
>>31070793
You do have a point, plus presidents in those regions tend to abuse their armies to get what they want, so I guess a mercenary force under contract for someone in the region would get in a awful mess.

But still, some corrupt regions leader could hire mercenaries to do their dirty jobs and do CIA level shit where they get control of those illegal resources (and I guess that some regions already have done something like this).
>>
>>31070825

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCkzDNNlWII

White people still do it.
>>
Faggot OP here

>>31070825
As the other pointed out, you cannot control what has no affiliation per se, kind of like somalian pirates, tho you can attack them when sighted (like the russians do), I don't think they would waste resources tracking a "guerrilla" force.

>>31070852
Thanks for the insight, it not really far-fertched when you have stupid kid soldiers and pirates, so why not a bunch of trained people.
>>
>>31070870
A south african pmc, former SAS and a frenchman who's just there on "holiday" rolling around the jungle killing rebel blackies in a hind

>would make one hell of a movie
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.