[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Concealed Carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
Ok /k/ my lovely autists. I need some help here.
My wife wants to get a concealed carry piece, and I am not well versed in CCW type weapons.
I would presume 9mm or maybe .380acp but am not truly sure what to look for.
I know the best way for her to know what feels right is to actually hold them, but what are some good suggestions to steer towards and what to avoid like the plague.
Also, limited budget but am open to all suggestions.
>>
File: sccy.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
sccy.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>limited budget
Sccy cpx1 is a decent gun with a killer warranty
Also made in the USA
>>
>>31070471
Ok, I have heard from others on this board in the past that the SCCY is bad. Any reason why people say that or is it just more meme spewing shit?
>>
>>31070495
Never heard that before.
I've put three hundred rounds through mine with no malfunctions
>>
>>31070567
Ok, that's good. It has been hard to get an honest answer lately with all the "summer" going around lel
Do you happen to know the quality of Khar pistols perhaps. Personally I thought the slide was hard to rack compared to like a glock but wasn't sure if that was just because it was new and no spring wear yet.
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
Just get her a shield or something.

I mean, what does she like to shoot? That's most important.
>>
walther pps
m&p shield
glock 43
ruger lc9s pro

best options

>>31070567
three hundred is a tiny amount
>>
>>31070838
She has zero pistol experience.
She does like shooting my AR and SKS, along with my CZ in 7.62x39.
>>
>>31070995
Do you believe the SCCY to be a bad choice then?
>>
>>31070593

Kahrs are good quality and reliable. However, the slide will always be harder to rack than other guns because of their internal design.

It lightens up a bit after the recommended 200 round break-in period, but will still likely be harder to rack than others.
>>
Are the new SCCY pistols (cpx-2) good?
At the price point being relatively poor it looks to be a good budget gun, but I have seen a few vids of them breaking, while also seeing several vids that make them sound good. Then I have read plenty of online magazine reviews that say for the money they are good guns.
Also I have heard that short of intentionally destroying them or it being stolen, SCCY will fix it with the lifetime warranty.
I wanted a 3rd/4th opinion from you guys.
>>
>>31071418
I would never recommend a Kahr to a woman just because that last part. They're extremely hard to rack and there isn't much surface area to hold on to. My dad has a P380 and it's a bitch to rack. Hasn't proved to be very reliable either. And it's not an easy gun to shoot.

I'd recommend a G43 or a Shield to a woman shooter
>>
>>31072483
What about a Bersa Thunder? Are those any good perhaps?
>>
>>31072720
The finish is garbage, but its a cut rate Walther PPKS. No real complaints.
>>
>>31072749
Ok, yea we aren't looking for beauty, just something cheap she can learn to shoot and carry for self defense.
Hell I made the joke about a purple or pink gun and she laughed and said she doesn't care what color it is, as long as it works.
>>
>>31072720
Never tried a Bersa
>>
>>31072483

Yeah that's true. If the guy is looking for a gun with an easy slide to rack for his wife, I'd recommend either a Walther PPS or a Walther CCP. Both are extremely easy to rack.

If she can't rack a Walther she'd be better off with a revolver.
>>
>>31072976
>revolver
There's an idea. Very easy to use and understand. DA trigger pull is long and heavy enough that you can throw it in a purse with a soft holster and not worry about it. Something like a small 5 shot snubby .38.
>>
LCR
>>
>>31072976
If the Bersa is a clone of the PPK, does it feel about the same for spring strength?
I ask because relatively poor and a legitimate PPK is a bit pricey.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.