[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are advanced powered armor platforms feasable or the future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: nanosuit.png (1MB, 1654x1165px) Image search: [Google]
nanosuit.png
1MB, 1654x1165px
Are advanced powered armor platforms feasable or the future is unmaned drones?
>>
>>31069230
we've had tanks for a while anon
>>
Sure. Doesn't matter how many Bigdog drones you have patrolling the streets of Fallujah, somebody has to repair them and by the time ground drones are mainstream, exoskeletons should have matured sufficiently that adding plates to them wont be an issue.
>>
>>31069230
Unless they provide power/performance of a doomguy, I see no point.
>>
File: talos exo ironman.jpg (113KB, 530x982px) Image search: [Google]
talos exo ironman.jpg
113KB, 530x982px
>>31069230
Both are already becoming a thing.
We're just going to need much better nano-technology to produce anything quite on par with Crysis' suit though.

>>31069250
the nu-Duumgay and Crysis' nanosuit are quite similar, actually.
>>
>>31069230
The way of the future is clone soldiers armed with whatever shit you have laying around.
>>
>>31069578
I don't think that's ever going to be a reality. The cost of growing and educating people from scratch will never be cheaper than arming and training poorfags.
>>
Exo suits/ Halo style armor seems more feasible because we already have trained oper8rs to pilot them as soon as we have them. Besides predators theres not really been a major attempt at weaponizing robots that I know of. Theyd have to go through AI, programming, testing, trials, etc. Not to mention the morality issue.

Augmented super soldiers like Spartans or some Jason Bourne shit would be sweet though.
>>
>>31069230
>not both

>exosuit wearing operators directing a squad of drones
>>
>>31070365
Im okay with this. Beginning of the new Robocop.
>>
File: psychological warframe.jpg (895KB, 1200x4326px) Image search: [Google]
psychological warframe.jpg
895KB, 1200x4326px
>>31069230
be careful what you wish for anon
>>
Drones, mobile walking ones at that, are absurdly complex and require more power than exo skeleton suits of armor.

The same systems you put on a drone will also go on a human, so humans in armor will never go away entirely.

But drones will probably take on different shapes. Quadrupedal will definitely be a shift where technology deviates towards. They're faster, easier to balance, can jump higher and missing a leg or limb isn't that inhibiting.

That's land based any. Aerial drones will get smaller, quieter and eventually be capable of carrying ordinance.

Well definitely see drone handlers though, once AI tech catches up.
>>
>>31069230
Well the nanosuit 2 basically was unmanned in many respects. The suit was alien technology. It wasn't designed to have people in it. That's just how it is because the hardware needs software and humans were the best battlefield computers that could be stuck in them. But when you stick a human in this alien suit and tell the suit to be the most combat effective thing it can be, well, it tries to eat the operator. Tries to mold his brain into something that feels no emotion or hunger. Tries to restructure the mind to more efficiently interface with the onboard computer, until the two are inseparable. When it's done with the operator, the suit is a tin can with a brain and a floating pair of eyeballs inside it. Certainly no man is operating it.
>>
>>31071428
I think the ultimate drone is probably something like a hover shiv. A highly mobile, flying armored sphere with guns on it.

A similar example would be the drones from the movie Oblivion.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.