[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does The US do poorly in skeet shooting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: Skeet._William_H._Keever,_USA.jpg (2MB, 2890x1890px) Image search: [Google]
Skeet._William_H._Keever,_USA.jpg
2MB, 2890x1890px
I don't understand why America doesnt dominate in skeet shooting in the Olympics. How could a country that has so many shooting ranges, more access to guns, and more disposable income than any country in the world still lose to Europeans

Obviously I'm aware we medal every once in a whIle, but shouldn't it be like basket ball where theres practically no competition
>>
>>31066850
Remember that the athletes and the people who sponsor them, as well as the organizers are 99% left wing liberal faggots.
>>
>>31066898
>getting this assmad
>its the organizers fault
>>
>>31066898
How does that have anything to do with how skilled Americans are at one of the single most popular forms of shooting recreation
>>
>>31066850
The first Gold medal taken in the 2016 Olympics was by an American competing in a shooting sport.

We also won Gold in swimming, but it probably should've gone to Cuba. Let the europoors have their fun.
>>
>>31066850
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Rhode
We do fine, it's just that no one pays attention to the olympics.
>>
>>31066850
Skeet shooting is legal in countries that don't allow any other shooting sports and more popular in Europe then America. The skeet shooting programs that are in America get only modest funding and their best athletes are drained by better funded, more popular sporting programs.

It's the same reason any other country is competitive in soccer. The people that would become million-dollar soccer players instead become 100 million dollar football players.
>>
File: Purdey 28ga..410ga. 29325 d.jpg (852KB, 2288x1712px) Image search: [Google]
Purdey 28ga..410ga. 29325 d.jpg
852KB, 2288x1712px
>>31066850
Too many of you classic money European richfags with guns that cost more than our houses fucking it up for us since it's basically the one rich man sport you still have.
>Bring back service rifle events
>Introduce some form of action shooting/3 gun events
Just ideas that I would like to see happen.
>>
>>31066945
>shootin a fucking air rifle
Also thathe bitch goes to WVU...and she's not a very fun person
>>
>>31066850
We are also pretty much the only country that has a significant action-shooting culture.

The action-shooting disciplines (IDPA, IPSC, USPSA, 3-Gun, Steel Challenge) are more widely available and have lower costs to enter.

They also generally offer more organized matches a year, and generally have larger total prizes and more pro-level sponsorships.

>tl;dr
All the seriously talented people are busy shooting 3-Gun and USPSA because that's where the money is
>>
>>31066991
>All the seriously talented people are busy shooting 3-Gun and USPSA because that's where the money is

Um no, the international competition circuit for shotgunning pays a lot more prize money than any sort of action shooting here.

There is an annual skeet meet in Dubai that pays $100k to the winner.
>>
>>31066958
The fuck am I reading. You can absolutely be competitive with a used Beretta or less. Sure, coaching is expensive and you'll need literal mountains of shells but compare it to show jumping with million dollar horses.
>>
>>31066947
Who cares about women in the Olympics! Seriously the only thing they do that's more impressive than men is gymnastics and even that they're starting to get pressured by the men. If you had women compete against men in every event they probably wouldn't even qualify

>inb4 hurry durr implying you could beat women in any of those events
Of course I can't compete with them you cuck but if you're telling me the inclusion of women in the Olympics was nothing more than to shut up the liberal shits trying to make everything equal than you're lieing to yourself
>>
>>31067065
>was nothing more than to shut up the liberal shits trying to make everything equal
Yeah brah, all those fucking hippies back in 1900 ruined everything. We need to go back to naked dudes wrestling like the good old days.
>>
>>31066958

your ideas are shit.

don't fuck up IPSC with the IOC
>>
>>31067108
>implying liberalism didn't exist as early as the 19th century
>>
>>31067032
>one event that breaks triple digits, once a year, half the goddamn planet away
And it's gonna cost a competitor $6k to get there and is heavily biased against Europeans to the point they lost NSSA sanction due to unfair judging. Oh, and it's an invitational, meaning someone on the judging committee has to invite someone. And the last time they invited an American was to be a celebrity not a shooter, it was 2001, and it was fucking Bob Munden.

Meanwhile pretty much anywhere CONUS will have 4-5 IPSC matches within 100 miles with $600+ purses *every single month*

I shoot skeet. I shoot skeet competitively. If I were to win both high gun and high over all, I could win a maximum of about $40,000 a year. And yes, that includes state, zone, and national championships (but not invitationals) which would require me to travel halfway across the US twice. And it would cost me around $24,000 a year in travel costs, ammo, and entry fees to do it. US skeet shooting doesn't pay jack shit in prize money.

Or...I could shoot 3-Gun competitively. My *local* match (and I live in BFE Nowhere, Missouri) averages around $360 a match in prize money and they hold 2 matches a month. So without even leaving my county I can make around $8600 a year in prize money.
>>
>>31067237
>didn't get invited

That just means you're not seriously talented, brah.
>>
>>31067065
>implying half the summer Olympic sports are anything more than an excuse to see fit women from around the world in near-nude form doing athletic things

Oh sure, the Olympics would be sooo much better if we just put everyone on an even keel and ended up watching bro's bro out over how much more bro like they are than the bro's from Russia.

Everyone knows part of watching the Olympics is comparing the physical form of your country with that of the rest of the world. As a man, I like seeing the women from Brazil play beach volleyball, I enjoy seeing the women from Japan shoot guns and I enjoy seeing the American girls win shit because muh patriotism.

Stop trying to ruin shit in the name of ultimate equality you feminist.
>>
>>31067274
No, it means you're not an ass-kissing muslim richie.
>>
>>31067065
Just remember lads, if you call someone a cuck on the internet, it means you win every argument and you're the smartest person in the room
>>
>>31066850
yanks can't shoot.
>>
>>31067820
yanks aren't forced to be autism level to get to touch a firearm though. In this instance your horrible restriction of any sort of funs means you end up with tunnel vision psychos competing.

You do an average joes Euro vs US shooting match? You'd have the Euros wetting themselves when the guns went off and the Americans stopping halfway through to make a McDonalds run. Both fucked in their own special way. The US would win though.
>>
File: 1308901291155.jpg (18KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1308901291155.jpg
18KB, 360x240px
>>31066850
Because the disks arent black
>>
>>31069632
Lmao
>>
>>31066961
Are any Olympic athletes "fun"?
>>
>>31066850

'murrica is land of trannies and traps.
>>
>>31066898
Someone is asshurt.
>>
>>31069632

DICKS OUT

I REPEAT, DICKS OUT
>>
>>31066850
Kim Rhodes won the gold you dumb fuck.
>>
File: frog.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>31071526
I wish.
>>
>>31066850
americans prefer skeet catching
>>
>>31066850
Because most US skeet shooters stand around all day touching their dicks together while telling other US skeet shooters how much they spent on their Gucci O/U and their Prada carrying case, while actually not doing any real skeet practice because they don't want to get it dirty.
>>
File: leetrevino.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
leetrevino.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>31069632
The disks ARE black.
>>
The honest answer is that Americans don't shoot the same as Europeans. Americans shoot American trap, and American skeet. The rest of the world shoots international trap and skeet. The international version is much harder and has less fudds in it. Americans don't do good in it because Americans don't shoot it. Just look at a map of all the international trap locations around the country. Most states are lucky to have one. Texas is lucky to have THREE. Different standards and rules produce different results
>>
>>31066898
are you retarded?
>>
American ducks are too fat to fly.
>>
>>31071526
Well then they must be darned good at Trap shooting anon.
>>
File: xtrema2.jpg (8KB, 500x107px) Image search: [Google]
xtrema2.jpg
8KB, 500x107px
>>31072764
International skeet keeps you on your shit. I used to shoot state competitions when I was 12-14. I remember being better than most of the fudds at my club (great old guys but fudds none the less) but after I started practicing international once to twice a week, I was breaking clays before the post in American skeet and having people ask why I shoot so fast.

Pic related is my girl
>>
>ISSF sports
>Ever

IPSC was getting considered for the olympics, and the ISSF launched into a full smear campaign against them claiming that they were "training to shoot people". They'd rather keep their gravy train going than support the shooting sports as a whole.

The ISSF is, if that's even possible, an anti-gun shooting organisation.
Don't give them a cent.
>>
>>31066850
Because most of America's shooters are busy competing in 3 gun matches. Skeet shooting is usually the only firearms-related sports in gungrabbing fudd dreamlands.
>>
>>31066850
The U.S. doesn't do well because skeet is just not that popular here. Single thrower American trap is what everyone is shooting. You get to intl trap with 5 throwers and things change. You get into 8 position skeet with birds coming in both directions and it's a whole new game.

If single thrower 5 stand was in the Olympics, the U.S. would clean up.
>>
>>31075016
sauce on that?
I'm in the mood for a good rage at Euro pansies
>>
>>31074979
Nice, personally my son shoots international trap right now competitively. Too bad we had a falling out with his ATA team though, they didn't like bunker shooters. He uses a Beretta silver pigeon
>>
>>31066850
Because none of us give a shit about skeet shooting.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.