[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sight picture on handguns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: gl_sights.jpg (158KB, 850x547px) Image search: [Google]
gl_sights.jpg
158KB, 850x547px
What kind of sight picture do you prefer on handguns and why? What are the advantages of having a square vs. round rear sight notch? Dots on the rear sight or blacked out rear sight?

Discuss sights.
>>
File: wt.jpg (86KB, 656x752px) Image search: [Google]
wt.jpg
86KB, 656x752px
Whatever this is called. My favorites.
>>
>>31066495

Why you wearing gloves?
>>
>>31066476
it doesnt fucking matter since you focus on the front. as long as you can see the front its fine
>>
>>31066612

Anybody who thinks the rear sight "doesn't fucking matter" has probably only ever used one type of handgun sight in their entire lives.

Yes, it does matter, since you still need to center the front sight post within the rear sight notch. The shape and characteristics of the rear sight notch can speed up or slow down the amount of time it takes to do that.
>>
>>31066505
hyperosmia
>>
>>31066646
ive fired plenty of guns all of em with slightly different sight pictures thats why im saying its not that important
maybe if you are in a competition where milliseconds matter but for practical use who gives a shit
>>
>>31066675
>who gives a shit
If that's how you feel about the topic, then close out of the thread, go to the catalog, hold shift, and click on the thread. This will hide it from your browsing experience and will have the added benefit of removing your idiocy from this thread.
>>
>>31066650
How does a hightened sense of smell factor into wearing latex gloves while holding a glock?
>>
>>31066700
It smells better.
>>
>>31066687
Damn, really makes you think.

But really, I find the round notch to be a tad faster. Having an oversized dot on your front sight helps too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.