[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did the gooks prevent getting caught while tunneling? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: salamanders.gif (11KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
salamanders.gif
11KB, 300x301px
How did the gooks prevent getting caught while tunneling? How did they hide their gigantic spoil piles of dirt? It must have took plenty of difficult-to-hide manpower to dig the tunnels.

Unnaground thread?
>>
>>31063139
the tunnels were really overplayed by both sides in fact most were not built that way
>>
>>31063268
But you get the idea
>>
>How did the gooks prevent getting caught while tunneling?
Vietnam jungle wasn't exactly stalag luft.
>How did they hide their gigantic spoil piles of dirt?
Under the tree canopy or just spread on the ground. Most tunnels weren't that big to begin with.
>It must have took plenty of difficult-to-hide manpower to dig the tunnels.
Not really. Its not like drones were a thing, US needed dedicated SOG groups just to track VC movements along known tracks, they didn't have the resources to monitor what people were doing with their shovels in every paddy in Vietnam.
>>
>>31063448
So you can tell there as been tunneling activity just by simply looking around the mess they have made in the jungle?
>>
>>31063536
Define mess. Jungles can be pretty dense, in some parts there could be a big pile of loose dirt 6 feet to your side and you would never see it for the trees.
>>
>>31063576
Broken foliage, footprints, misplaced dirt. etc.

How were the GIs trained in tracking?
>>
>>31063626
They weren't. You're also greatly underestimating how dense the jungle is.
>>
>>31063699
Nah, I live in the jungle. Out of place stuff gets easier to find the longer you stay in this green shithole.
>>
>>31063139
Same as the Ho Chi Minh Trail desu senpai

Lots of VC who don't care about their lives. We cleared a lot of tunnels and bombed the shit out the HCM trail, but if you don't kill 'em all, then just keep coming.

And that's exactly what they did.
>>
>>31063730
Good thing most left after a year or so and hardly gave a fuck even while they were there
>>
>>31063757
How were the soldiers with experience in hunting and trapping back when they were at home?
>>
>>31063794
Probably a bit better I don't know enough to say. Though the jungle ain't the forests of the USA.
>>
File: 8.jpg (167KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
167KB, 612x816px
>>31063268
>most were not built that way
I've been to Cu Chi. They pretty much look just like the pic.

What you don't see is the camouflaged ventilation holes. They look like ant hills or a 'crawdad' chimney without the hole on top -- but on the side -- hidden really well.

oh, and the craters left over from B-52 strikes. 40 years later & overgrown, man those holes are big.

Pic related
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.