[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Concealed carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: SigP2283.jpg (145KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
SigP2283.jpg
145KB, 1024x682px
/k/omrades, new to CC here. Could you help me with choosing a holster?

Conditions are rather problematic, since I would carry primarily in vehicles, all day long, in and out of them. Tropical environment, hot and humid, means an undershirt and a loose-ish fitting untucked collared shirt. Tall and very lean build. Finally, in this particular third world shithole I'm working in concealment trumps everything else, draw speed and safety be damned (there are no ranges here so pissing off RO's with crossdraw is not an issue). Firearms are worth their weight in gold here so printing bad is not an option. Also, if it helps, I've been told I'll be getting a P228.

Anyone else carry primarily in vehicles?

>tl;dr talk me out of a shoulder holster
>>
>>31062896
Is an ankle holster off the table?
>>
>>31062896
go appendix, IWB. It'll minimize printing especially if you wear kinda baggy/flowy clothes over it.

>shoulder holster

nothing says "I'm reaching for a gun" more than going for a gun in a shoulder holster. In appendix it can look like you're about to adjust your shirt
>>
>>31063167
I suppose not, I wear long pants anyway? Can you fit a p228 in an ankle holster though?

>>31063380
Doesn't it get uncomfortable with a double stack pressing on your lower belly all day?
>>
>>31062896
I would strongly recommend AIWB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD1-cmqdXWA

Only problem is finding a good quality appendix holster maker that offers one for the P228. What kind of P228 are we talking about? The classic non rail variant or the newer M-11?
>>
>>31063785
Appreciate the input, I like the idea of an ankle holster due to my build and I used to carry a boot knife too (I wear medium length jungle/gi boots here) so it would feel natural but I'm afraid a p228 is too big for that, so it's either aiwb or shoulder, cross draw holsters print pretty bad to my understanding.

Sadly since a third party (security advisor of my employer) is procuring the weapon I have no idea what it will be other than apparently a p228/229 in 9mm. I was asked if I have a preference but one can't be too picky around here, I said any compact 9 will do.
>>
File: IMG_2351.jpg (2MB, 3356x2691px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2351.jpg
2MB, 3356x2691px
I've been carrying my P228 in a Statureman Customs holster for a couple months now, I drive 4-7 hours a day for work.

I carry at 3 oclock with a slight cant, if you dress around it (no slim-cut shirts, maybe go a size up on your pants), it's pretty damn easy to hide, just make sure you get a good, stiff belt as well, that makes all the difference for comfort and concealability.

I've recently switched from the wide clip to a pair of soft loops, which makes for a slightly more stable holster, but it does print ever so slightly, since the snaps are wider than the clip is.

If you might tuck in your shirt at any point, Statureman offers a tuckable clip setup, but I generally prefer the wide clips, so I went with this model.

I also carry a spare mag in one of their IWB mag holsters which is also good and can be reversed for OWB carry.
>>
>>31063953
P228 will not conceal in a shoulder holster. Can you not just carry normally and put the gun in an open bag when you are in the car? Or under a tshirt on the passenger seat.
>>
>>31064120
Another question for you ccw folk, how common is it to carry a spare magazine? I honestly feel like I can't be bothered, if the 10+ rounds won't deter the attacker or allow me a chance of escape I'll get zero rushed by a million skinnies anyway

>>31064239
Fair enough, aiwb it is then. I been a bit vague when I say a vehicle, but sadly the weapon will have to be on-body, and not require adjustment or support when crouching, climbing, lifting things etc
>>
>>31064364
Depends, sometimes yes, sometimes no. If I do, I toss it in my leatherman pouch (glock 36) and it fits perfectly.
>>
File: 1468068072361.jpg (152KB, 1000x780px) Image search: [Google]
1468068072361.jpg
152KB, 1000x780px
>>31063953
An ankle holster with a P228 will not work. Assuming you actually find a way to conceal it, you're going to be dealing with a 2lb gun on your ankle.

As far as concealability goes, appendix is considered the easiest way to conceal a gun.

Unrelated to the subject at hand but vital to your ability to shoot the Sig, definately get a lot of practice with the double action trigger pull and the transition to single action. Don't be one of those guys that always manually cock the weapon, stage the double action or god fucking forbid plan on shooting the ground first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsoX26OhDCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZplH6zreQI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nod5qLlSGUM

To add, a P228 like pic was my first gun I ever shot in my life.
>>31064364
Carrying a spare mag is always useful. Don't get caught in the "if X amount of rounds doesn't stop him, I'm dead" mentallity. You'll need those extra rounds on the chances that you miss or have to deal with additional threats. With more rounds, you have more opportunities along with the ability to suppress a target and still have more ammo on you.
>>
>>31062896
Get an IWB holster. I dress very similarly to you in and live in the deep south. I CC a Glock 22, and printing is rarely an issue, though I am going to get a couple of new, smaller guns and holsters because I just don't like the giant Glock very much.
>>
File: IMG_2350.jpg (2MB, 2947x2658px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2350.jpg
2MB, 2947x2658px
>>31064364
It's totally up to you, I don't carry a spare all the time, but it's really not too much more bother, and really it's more about having a spare magazine in case of a malfunction than having the extra ammo, although you know what they say about having too much ammo.
>>
File: EDC.jpg (72KB, 960x886px) Image search: [Google]
EDC.jpg
72KB, 960x886px
>>31062896
Appendix IWB is the best way to go. KCT Kydex sells holsters for like $35
>>
File: bane_cat.jpg (42KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bane_cat.jpg
42KB, 800x600px
Hey guys, can any of you recommend a quality IWB holster for a makarov?

I like the makarov, the heel release doesn't bother me since I practice using it, and I like the extra weight of the steel frame. I don't need to be persuaded to not carry my Mak, I just need suggestions for a quality IWB holster for it. My budget is around 50 bucks, but there is some wiggle room.
>>
Bianchi leather holsters are great. Reasonable cost to
>>
File: 1466367204459.gif (1MB, 294x329px) Image search: [Google]
1466367204459.gif
1MB, 294x329px
>>31064487
You seem like the kind of guy that goes to every thread and blunty tells people what you use and how they should get what you chose despite not having any experience with any other type of product. No explanation to why, considerations or any information really.

Oh wait, you are that kind of guy. Fuck off, thanks.
>>
>>31064558
Well, I'd personally check out holsters designed for the bersa 380, or walther ppk since they're around the same size and most holsters are made to hold clones of a pistol.
>>
>>31064702
Bravo Concealment is another great company for twice as much, Alien Gear is shit. I'm in retail and have experience with a lot of shit. There's a reason I use what I use.

kys
>>
Dammit Rock, I thought Revy told you not to carry at work.
>>
File: ASDFASDFASDF.png (518KB, 1675x934px) Image search: [Google]
ASDFASDFASDF.png
518KB, 1675x934px
>>31064763
/k/'s woman
>>
>>31062896
I'm gonna have to mirror the other posters suggesting appendix. I'm a 34 inch waist chubster and I appendix a PPK with ease. A slender guy could carry a fullsize appendix easy.
I would argue that appendix is even easier to draw from than shoulder for driving.
>>
File: Changeling-Worn-Crossdraw.jpg (21KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
Changeling-Worn-Crossdraw.jpg
21KB, 450x338px
>>31062896
>carry primarily in vehicles

Cross draw inside-the-waistband
>>
>>31064364
>how common is it to carry a spare magazine?
Most don't
I suggest it because well ammo but also because if you ever have a malfunctions its gonna be magazine related.
That said though 99% of the time
>you will never reload
>the mere sight of a firearm will stop most everything
>the first shot will matter the most
Also if you carry multiple firearms like I do (pocket carry and then another firearm on my belt line) a new york reload is probably gonna be quicker and better.
If I was in OPs situation I would carry at least one other mag though.
>>
Loads of legit advice here, much appreciated. Has anyone tried the vest-like deep concealment brand/type holsters?
>>
>>31065392
They probably work in appearance for non gun folk.
Doesn't sound like it would work for your environment and screams I have a gun about as bad as a maxpetition man purse to people in the know.
>>
>>31064120
>three rivets
That's a shit design.
>>
>>31065392
A vest layer with two additional shirts would be hot as fuck in tropics
>>
>>31062896
Where are you senpai? Central america?
>>
File: 1352502042215.gif (46KB, 800x1520px)
1352502042215.gif
46KB, 800x1520px
Any suggestions for carrying in slacks and tucked in shirt?
>>
>>31065930
tuckable holster
>>
>>31065930
Ankle holster or a pocket holster
>>
>>31066061
Any that wont expose a clip on my belt?
>>31066091
My pockets are pretty full as is. What is a good ankle setup? Would a g43 work well in an ankle holster?
>>
>>31066196
>Any that wont expose a clip on my belt?
Not that I know of, they're pretty discrete though, nobody will notice.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.