[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything I need to know about Garands before i buy one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: wm_8849998.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wm_8849998.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
And yes ik about com ammo
>>
>>31062683
Buy a new gas plug for $15 and you can shoot whatever common grain of .30-06 your heart desires.
>>
Get one from the CMP if you can, or you'll be paying nearly double the amount. Just grab yourself a gas plug from garandgear and you'll be set.
>>
>>31062683
If that is who i think it is (twin oak,) they don't like shipping your gun in a timely manner.
>>
>>31062683

Check the underside of the barrel for welds. A lot of garands on the market are recovered drill rifles. Make sure you buy a usgi garand multi tool for $10-$15. Make sure you grease your rifle in the oprod track, bolt and op rod. Grease, not oil
>>
>>31062683
Watch for "M1 Thumb" when loading, watch for your forward hand not getting hit by the Op rod while firing, if you want to shoot it and don't have a new gas plug, 150gr M2 Ball is what it was designed for, you could break shit (like me) if you don't.
>>
>>31062683
Keep a few Spare pins.if youll be prone to dryfiring the thing as much as I, an extra bolt assembly is great.
>>
If your going to replace the gas plug to shoot commercial ammo, get a Schuster Gas Plug not the garand gear one. InRange reviewed both and said Schuster is better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe3rrlJsEz0

You gotta use grease for certain parts and oil on other parts. Tons of guides online

Buy either from CMP or Garandguy.com
CMP if your looking for a rifle closest to original as possible. While Garandguy uses Springfield receivers that originally were used with the guns in WW2, and uses a new stock, and barrel.

I've heard to not use a cleaning rod often on the M1 and to use a bore snake instead. The idea is the cleaning rod can damage the bore. IDK how true that is because as you look more into the M1 your gonna hear tons of opinions.
>>
You have to pray while facing Camp Perry, five times a day.
>>
Don't expect something practical in a modern role.

It's like a Luger. Fantastic piece of history, but don't view it as something other than a historical piece.
>>
File: brits.jpg (41KB, 564x421px) Image search: [Google]
brits.jpg
41KB, 564x421px
>>
>>31062707
CMP. They're Long gone. Sold out a while ago.
>>
>>31065512
CMP has rifles.

I was just at the South Store and they had snipers and service grade rifles in stock.

you could also get a drill rifle, a new barrel, a new bolt, and built your self a rifle from new but vintage parts.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.