[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LR-300 thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: lr_300_l5.jpg (186KB, 1024x660px) Image search: [Google]
lr_300_l5.jpg
186KB, 1024x660px
Was the LR 300 really the next step in evolving the AR and direct impigment designs? Or was it just a gimmick so people could have muh folding stocks?
>>
Sort of, it was very ahead of its time but by modern standards it kind of sucks. ARs with folding stocks are by no means a gimmick, since the lack of folding stock is the weakest element of the AR design, but nobody was going to pay what they were charging and by the time ARs were popular, the LR300 was dead and there were other alternatives.
>>
>>31061978
Sounds good to me. The design is still interesting though. Looks like DI in its form now and the AR design are here to stay for a while.
>>
>>31061923
I really want a God damn folding stock on my AR. Fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 600x296px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 600x296px
>>31061923
I'd suck all of the dick for an LR-300 in this exact configuration.
>>
I just want someone to sell a folding stock and short bolt kit so I can put it on any gun I want
>>
Is that stock available separately, because I have a law folder.
>>
>>31065014
Who cares
Can't fire it folded
>>
>>31062895
would be better just using a carrying handle rear iron sight
>>
>>31061923
It was def severely under appreciated, and the folding stock seems lile the only thing anyone knows about it. The recoil system is almost the same thing used in Steyr's AUG, just one piston instead of two. Whoever jumps on it when the patent expires is gonna make bank
>>
>>31066514
para bought it relaunched it ran it into the ground and i think the original guy got it back
>>
>>31066649
And except for the one, maybe two pro 3-gun competitors and a smattering of aficionados, who even bought one?
>>
>>31061923
I really don't like it's lengthened gas key
>>
>>31066804
The DEA, supposedly, though whether they actually used them remains to be seen.
>>
>>31062895
I would love to cosplay as Strelok with that lel.
>>
File: z-m_lr300-2000.jpg (15KB, 650x223px) Image search: [Google]
z-m_lr300-2000.jpg
15KB, 650x223px
how is it so fucking sexy
>>
File: 2016-08-22 10.53.30.jpg (1023KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-22 10.53.30.jpg
1023KB, 1944x2592px
>>31068789
why so? implications of carrier tilt?
>>
Why the fuck does everyone mount the sights like that?

I've heard it's so you get a proper picture when firing it with the stock folded, but who really cares? I'd rather have a better sight radius when I'm firing it the way it's meant to be fired.
>>
>>31070795
for faster sight acquisition, It's designed for CQB
>>
>>31061978
>Weakest element

The fuck?

Having the barrel, bolt, and buffer in a straight line is one of the AR type rifle's STRONGEST features boy.
>>
>>31072248
Any action can have the stock in line with the action, an AR action is the only one that that cannot have a folding stock. This is a clear weakness that the LR300 addressed.
>>
>>31061923
Alan Zitta is a hack and the LR-300 was a failure.

After he failed to secure any sort of military contracts or even runs for Special Forces due to unreliability of his weapon system he liquidated his company and whored out his patent to Para in a desperate bid for cashflow to start up a new non gun related company.

Para tried hard to sell the design but it also flopped in their hands due to higher than normal price and reliability/parts breakage issues.

Alan Zitta moved away from the firearms industry after that.
>>
>>31072479
this desu
The only reason people even know about it is because of a video game where every prototype weapon system gone bad in the world was sent to slavshit land.

If you want to salivate over real operator shit look up some old LaFrance/SIONICS. Designs made for real SF that actually worked.
>>
>>31070739
is that yours? more photos please
>>
>>31069006
That never happened. He never won a single .gov contract.
>>
>>31062389
We could have it but there are some problems. If you had a shorter bolt you'd need a gas system where the pressure falls from high to low extremely fast. Having more volume in the gas tube or something could work. You wouldn't be able to use the forward assist and there would be compatibility problems with the millions of handguards out there
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.