[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /k/ go to gun shows?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

Does /k/ go to gun shows?
>>
i haven't been in like a year.

i need to go to one soon, see if i can move my sporterized snider.
>>
>>31059286
Not often. Around me everything is overpriced and far too many of the people are obese middle aged men who smell as though they haven't showered in a week.
>>
Never been to a single one. As I hear it they're nothing but overpriced garbage, liars, BZZZZZZZZT, and jerky.

Couple that with a retarded cover price and you can guarantee I'll never go for anything other than the zoo experience.
>>
>>31059286
I avoid them like the plague they are.
>>
I go for ammo and neat things
>>
File: 1327107892634.jpg (52KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1327107892634.jpg
52KB, 900x675px
Nice try ATF
>>
>>31059286

Not really since it's the same vendors selling the same thing at rates higher than the LGS that I go to.
>>
>>31059286
not anymore. they are horrible
>>
>>31059319
This. I will say there are some really small gunshows that pop up every now and then that are filled with individuals trying to sell their old shit and those can be fun.
>>
>>31059286
/k/ kinda hates them because they always complain about the vendors and marking up prices. The ones by me are pretty cool. Prices are sometimes higher that they should be but not by enough that I'd get pissed. It's also a cool opportunity to see old shit that isn't in production or importation anymore.
>>
Looks to me like they really are a gun show now not a gun sell. Same shit every time I go with the same old fuck that will never sell a damn thing
>>
>>31059286
My area only has a few gun stores, and only 1 that I really enjoy. I mostly shop/order from my LGS and I get pretty good prices after getting to know the guy.

If I'm looking for something in particular I'll go to a gun show. Last time I went I found a carbine length quad rail for $20. There's no manufacturer that I can tell, but it's stout as fuck and does the job. That's kinda stuff I'd go for.
>>
>>31059307
>the zoo experience
It's a zoo where you can pay too much money for your favorite animal
>>
We should rename them Fudd Conventions because that's all I've ever seen at them. The fact that those gun flea markets have a cover charge is insulting.
>>
>>31059286

im in commiefornia so now i only go for the jerky

one guy sell the most delicious beef jerky
>>
>>31059286
I went to one, the prices sucked, it was 2015 and a guy was selling 30 round aluminum C-Products USGI mags for $35 a piece. I ended up buying a PA-63 for $100 that was zip tied shut, and when I got it home and took it apart it was missing internals. When I went back to the gun show the guy who sold it to me was gone. I haven't been back.

I ended up spending a couple months tracking down parts. Had to make a Walther PPK ejector work instead of a proper PA-63 one.
>>
The smell. Oh god. The smell.
>>
Cover charges are ridiculous. If the show is good, and they have some specific extra display or presentation there, 5 bucks, or 10 tops, might be okay.
Apart from that, most of the displays are overpriced, poor condition crap, hoarded ammo with stupid asking prices, and weird gun and knife stickers and paraphernalia that just makes gun owners look autistic.
Last three gun shows I've gone to, I've bought exactly $18 worth of merchandise, and that from an old blackpowder guy who had some clever homemade mini-tools. The rest of those vendors, half even weird me out and I'm pretty /k/, the other half are like flea market hawkers with supplier issues.
Back in the day, it was a nice place to pick up an occasional milsurp rifle, get a deal on an old revolver or used pistol, or find a bag of parts that would come in handy. Even if not, you could generally walk away with some cheap or uncommon ammo and see a couple of guys with very interesting guns or accessories to consider.
Not anymore.
>>
>>31059853
Do you think that stuff has just dried up? In Houston when I go to them its a bunch of vendors selling the same pistols, and some guys selling AKs and Magazines that are over priced.

I've seen one guy who sells milsurp that's really cool and bought a nice IWB holster
>>
>>31059286
Yes, in hopes of finding a killer deal.
>>
>>31059286
I haven't been to one since I bought my first gun.
>>
>>31060890
>deals

wew
>>
I haven't been since the first one after Sandy Hook. Had a table at the local one from 2005-2008 or so. Shit's changed over the last 5 years.
>>
>>31059286
Been to a few, only bought once though. Found a decent deal, but it wasn't anything I couldn't have found at my LGS, the gun I wanted just happened to be at the show. The bigger one I went to was fucking garbage, I've never seen prices so high for beat up old junk. Didn't buy anything at that one, tried to buy a magazine for my SD9VE but they wanted $59.99 for it. Fuck that.
>>
>>31059286
As a displayer/dealer, yeah.

I tend to make okay money doing it too, but I collect and sell to a very very niche market.
>>
went once 8 years ago haven't went again.
>>
>>31059286
We have a guy that dresses up like a nazi and speaks German the whole time so at least it's interesting. I like to go to them to see the characters and maybe take notes of things I like to look for later on the internet or at an LGS.
>>
Nah I usually get my beef Jerky from Costco nowadays
>>
>>31059385
>prices are sometimes higher than they should be but not by enough that I'd get pissed
Consider yourself fortunate. Most of the ones within a 3 hour drive of me are full-blown scalpers and crooks.

>>31059307
>retarded cover price
I wasn't aware $7-10 was really that outrageous, but then again I'm not a hand-to-mouth poor either.
>>
>>31060920
They do exist, they're just far less common than they were 15 years ago and instead of being buried among average priced stuff they're buried under overpriced non-gun-related stuff.
>last gun show I went to was 165 tables
>less than 40 of them contained guns, less than 10 of them contained knives or other "weapon"s, half the tables were fucking cheap repro cowboy shit (I'm in the NE), "rustic" home decor, etc.
>>
The one at kci started yesterday. Today is the last day but I'm not going. Will probably hit the one in October or December
>>
>>31059286
Went to one today. Let me explain
>Wake up
>head to show
>stand for 30 mins for door to open
>door open
>fat qt 3.14 at door wanting me to fill out raffle
>NO REEEEE
>looking for cz 75 or beretta 92 inox
>BzzZZZ
>beef jerky
>smelly white people
>guy wearing a shirt that says "45 is basically 9mm for grown ups" cringe
>spot inox
>OSHIT
>mfw its compact... fuck
>start finger fucking cz75's at numerous booths, all over 600 dollars FUCK
>spot Cold War commemorative cz 75
>asking 625... talk him down to 600
>buy glorious cz75
>see fat qt 3.14 at door
>think about apologizing for rudely saying "no" when she was explaining raffle
>don't because I now have a cz 75 and i'm happy
>get to car and field strip it
>fingerfuck it
>stop at micky d's on the way home and get amerisammich

So it was pretty quick ordeal.. Shit prices, Jewelry, BZZZ peanuts and beefjerky with a few guns thrown in.
>>
>>31061728
>fat
>qt 3.14

You what mate
>>
>>31061831
You can still be a qt and fat at the same time. Her ass was massive too... not saggy but protruding horizontally? I guess is how i would explain it
>>
i used to last one i went to ws overprice b$ i failed on paperwork at a gun shop a friend said go to gun show use the loop hole they wont do paperwork well every dealer at the show used paperwork so i walked away from the deal they would not honor the loop hole so im done with gun shows
>>
>>31059286
Nahh, BZZZZZZ and jerky aside there's just too much cringe worthy talk for me to stand.
>>
>>31059286

Used to when I lived in Arizona (Crossroads of the West, ftw), but in Colorado it's just shop owners hawking their garbage for twice what they'd normally charge hoping to snag a sucker or two. I was asked to leave from nearly every table for trying to haggle. Snagged some jerky and oddly enough, a bottle of lotion for my wife.
>>
>>31061864
If you fail at paperwork to buy a gun you shouldn't own a gun.
>>
>>31062461
that why i dont try at stores now and looking for private sells
>>
I stopped going. The two gun shows that are regular, all have the same fucks and gunstores.

the AK parts guy and the magazine dealer, never have steel ak74 mags.

No one has a tokarev or a nagant revolver, ever.

Century Shit FALs for the price of a new high end DSA FAL.
>>
>>31062497
>nagant revolver
You don't want it anyway it's pretty shit.
>manual ejector rod
>borderline .22 recoil round
>expensive and above average difficulty to find round
>heavy ass double action trigger
>>
gun shows are for casuals, if you want to buy a gun just use armslist
>>
>>31062548
I want it for the mechanical novelty of the action and cartridge.

I know it is shit.

Ammo isn't hard to get online.
>>
File: 1471320278137.gif (1000KB, 500x202px) Image search: [Google]
1471320278137.gif
1000KB, 500x202px
>>31061440
Hooray for not being poor!
>>
>>31062548
>You don't want it anyway it's pretty shit.
Not him, but don't fucking tell me what to do.
If you actually own one you don't like, I'll give you two-fiddy for it, provided the finish is in good condition. If you don't actually own one, then take your memery elsewhere.
>>
>>31062574

anon its universally agreed that the nagant revolver sucks dick, and the only cool part about it is that it can potentially be suppressed
>>
Went to one. Only one. Stank of overpriced sullenness, holier-than-thou fudds, and moth balls.
>>
>>31059286
> one private sale from there. gun has a weak extractor so it's basically shit
> been to a million gunshows; never got a deal I couldn't get at local stores
> bought a bunch of /k books (kurt saxon, white separatists shit, things i'd rather pay cash for. that market has dried up i guess because now the only books look like a god damn book fair at a senior citizens home
> over-priced cringe t-shirts
> i did get some body armor, saved some money on shipping. guess that's good enough.
>>
>>31062600
>i forgot that 20% of the place is bullshit budk zombie knives
>>
>>31062574
So hostile, I was only speaking from experience. Unfortunatly I sold mine about a year ago so no go(actually advertised it on a buy/sell thread).
>>
>>31062595
>and the only cool part about it is that it can potentially be suppressed
And it's a beautiful piece of history. Like I said, if you hate it so much, sell it to me, and if you don't actually own one, fuck off.
>>
>>31059901
I bought a few bits of drummeling stuff from a guy there, good old boy who I had a long chat too and some guy who had the milsurp and another selling civil war stuff and another Nazi.

I enjoy them.
>>
File: DSC_0046[1].jpg (2MB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0046[1].jpg
2MB, 4000x2250px
>>31059286
I was. The first time was 2 years ago in Luzern and guess what.... I already saw cancer.
>>
>>31059588
Considering the jerky...

The one in PAat Oaks, Philly Nat Guard Armory or Split Rock had the most tender and juicy jerky in teriyaki or original. They also had this type of bologna that you can get with cheese. It must have been all natural haven't tasted anything like they sell over the years. The meat products there really were to die for. Miss it terribly.
>>
Of course, I never miss a chance to finger fuck guns I can't afford
>>
>>31059307
>>31061728
What is "BZZZZZ"?
>>
>>31062694
Don't lie you were trying to get a creepshot of the slam piggy's arse

>>31063470
tasers. A lot of vendors will try to sell their electric sticks by trying to "shock" the potential customer with a sound. More or less it's childish, but I can only imagine being a vendor there for two whole days listening to "BZZZT" over and over again.
>>
I usually go to locals, got one coming up this weekend, hopeful tro buy something that peaks intrest.

usually all shit is overpriced but im afraid its gonna be hell now before the election.

I did get my mauser for 300 at gun show so it wasn't all that bad.

WHO THERE FOR JELLY/DESERT TASTING?
>>
>>31059286
I've gotten a few things at shows, but usually the prices are well over LGS. Favorite thing I found was a bolt action Mossberg 20 gauge for 60 bucks, I keep it around for a beater gun to hand around on funs days. Kicks hilariously bad, everyone who's shot it has said it's worse than a 12 gauge magnum and none of us can figure out why.
>>
>>31059286
Yep, its kinda what got me into guns.
Had browsed /k/ and saw people memeing about Mosins and picked one up when I went to the gun show that comes around town every year.
Before that all I had was Fudd shit for hunting.
>>
>>31062485
-_-

/Out/ you go
>>
>>31059901
any good places in houston, i travel there often and i seem to have trouble in the circles there, milsurp and stuff. i expected some vitrol cause I'm a sexymexi but what gives? got any must hit spots?
i live the athena gun club, aside from sll their ammo being ficking expensive its pretty top notch.
>>
>>31059286
went yesterday to the one in savannah, prices weren't too bad but they werent great either, some decent guns, didn't buy anything but I did take a hard look at a M1 Carbine a guy had for $600, I already have one otherwise it probably would have been a good buy it was in pretty good shape. Kinda regret offering him $500 so we could argue to $550 and then I buy it. Oh well.
>>
>>31061728
you in Savannah?
>>
I'm going to the one in Albany, Oregon at the Linn County Expo center next month, any other Oregonfags gonna be attending?
They've got signs for it at the local range and I know there are a few other /k/ommandos who go to the same one.
>>
>>31059374
Yep.
>>
File: 1463982743230.jpg (141KB, 651x799px) Image search: [Google]
1463982743230.jpg
141KB, 651x799px
>>31059286
Gun shows around my area are just the LGS emptying their stock into trailers and setting up in a national guard armory or events center, and charging 5 bucks to look at their normal stock. We don't even get beef jerky vendors! It's a damn waste of time.
>>
>>31059286
I took a noguns friend with me to a gun show and spaghetti literally fell out of his pockets (he was carrying two plastic containers of it inside his coat pockets for lunch). I bought two Nagant revolvers because dual wielding Nagants and had an okay time.
>>
The only gun show I've ever been to has been great. I guess MN just has a better gun culture than the south?
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.