[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this holster practical?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: AR500.jpg (172KB, 1555x1037px) Image search: [Google]
AR500.jpg
172KB, 1555x1037px
Or is it just a case of Form over Function?
>>
If it holds the damn gun its functional. Everything else like placement, is a matter of training.
>>
>>31056640

I haven't seen it used by any official military or police, so I figured it was just an aesthetic thing people did to feel more like operators, or some shit.
>>
So I made this really long post about how I think they're comfy as fuck if you have a good carrier that fits, but then I hit escape and it closed the damn text box. So fuck it.
>>
>>31056678
If you would have ever been in a car with a gun on your hip and tried to draw it you would understand this concept...
>>
>>31056678
It's used in vehicles/mounted infantry.
>>
>>31056628
Are you sitting in a Vic for a long time and are a driver or A driver? Then yeah that could work. Same thing can be said for Helicopter Pilots.
>>
>>31056628
Replace it with a not-shitty kydex holster and it'd be pretty dank for vehicle carry.
>>
>>31056640
if its the same quality of onesize fits all condor bullshit it wont even do that
>>
Who made the carrier?
>>
>>31056678
We're talking about general chest mounted holsters?
The GIGN use it
>>
File: holster.jpg (272KB, 1280x640px)
holster.jpg
272KB, 1280x640px
>>31058075
Chest holsters always seem to sit so high up.
Wouldn't something like this have better accessibility?
Its more of a belly holster but still.
>>
>>31058257
I don't fully understand the concept of chest holsters, but I assume that it's that high so that you can drop a shouldered weapon and immediately draw up and ready without the slight delay of moving your hand down and back up
>>
Chest holsters are used by a lot of police (special) forces operating out of vehicles.
Try drawing from you leg holster while sitting in the car, especially if you are sitting on the right side (if you are carrying on your right of course). While doable, drawing from a chest holster is far easier, safer and faster-
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.