[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on bullpups?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 2447px-FAMAS-F1_vs_G2.svg.png (285KB, 2447x1704px) Image search: [Google]
2447px-FAMAS-F1_vs_G2.svg.png
285KB, 2447x1704px
How effective are bullpups compared to traditional rifles?
>>
They're extremely effective at startting flame wars on /k/. A lot of bullpups seem to have awful triggers due to a complex linkage system, 5MOA accuracy, or both.
>>
File: india.jpg (25KB, 568x159px) Image search: [Google]
india.jpg
25KB, 568x159px
>>31053189
> falling for the bullcuck meme
> not getting an INSAS or at least an AK
>>
>>31053189
>It's another Bullpup vs regular style thread that devolves into an everything dhould be an M4/M16/nonpiston AR platform thread where arg spergs out
>>
>>
>>31053189
I feel I have the majority opinion here that while bullpups are cool, there aren't too many designs that are equal to or even rival equivalently modern standard rifle designs. The problem is that they are often overly complex and provide little to no benefit in most combat situations for the added complexity. I love the AUG and think it is a brilliant design, but I'd rather have an M16 or M4 if I had to choose.
>>
Is that a FAMAS?
>>
>>31053189
On paper objectively superior because you get a longer barrel length for the same overall rifle length, assuming all other factors are equal. In reality, depends.

They have been adopted fairly consistently by smaller armed forces, or in modern sniper rifles so I think there is a credible argument to be made that they are worth it. Probably never see them adopted as a standard service rifle in America/Russia just because the benefits are marginal compared to the tremendous costs of manufacture and training.
>>
I always wondered if they're more awkward to reload, and how difficult is it to clear a jam on them. Like compare the newest SA80 to the newest M16
>>
Some countries are ditching them because the extra training required to handle an awkward bullpup isn't worth the reduction in OAL.
Shit triggers
Clearing jams if often weird
Changing mags is more awkward
The user can't actually look at what they're doing with the mag without taking the weapon away from their shoulder
Often poorly balanced
>>
>>31055674
wait... wat?
>>
Body armor, helmets, communications and bulky personal gear are getting more and more complicated around the shoulder and turning that area into an ergonomic junkyard.

Conventional layout rifles nowadays can, and do provide a folding, narrow, length adjustable, backstrap adjustable, swivel point moveable, stock.

Bullpups can't, fin.
>>
>>31053189
good for vehicle crews and as SBRs, otherwise positives don't outweigh negatives
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.