[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you dislike striker fired guns anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
Why do you dislike striker fired guns anon?
>>
File: Ganster.png (83KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
Ganster.png
83KB, 420x420px
>>31051128
Hmm?
>>
File: 1470846752330.jpg (77KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1470846752330.jpg
77KB, 690x460px
>and then he said his gun is made of PLASTIC
>>
>>31051128
They always feel cheap to me. And this is coming from someone who carries a Glock.
>>
>>31051128
In all admission, striker fired guns are very reliable. Good for the working man who has to carry to make money. But for me, I don't have a problem with maintenance, so I can afford the time, and effort to go with a more "form" design.
>>
>>31051128
Because hammer fired guns are better.
>>
>>31051128
I don't.
>>
Hammer fired best
>>
>>31051128
I like all guns. My first buy was a P07, my second was a glock 31, and then a P229. I definitely prefer hammered guns. But there's something to be appreciated about the consistency of striker. I think the trigger pull is more tactile with a hammer
>>
>>31052587
How does the p229 compare to the p07?
>>
>>31053109
Well not to start a complete shit post triathlon, but the 229 is way better. I love CZs. But you have to remember that the P07 is the cheap entry level CZ, the trigger is overall good, single action is perfect, double action is long. The 229 on the other hand is nearly double the price. I prefer the decocker on the SIG, and the trigger is fantastic. I bought it used with the SRT installed. And it's 357 SIG so it thumps. Overall, the 229 is the better gun, but, BUT, I would never say the P07 is a bad gun in anyway.
>>
>>31051128
I think they're great
But I just don't like how it can't be double action-ish
>>
>>31051128
just like the extra layer of security with a DA/SA. Double action pull is long and heavy, therefore less likely to cause a discharge.
>>
>>31051128
because They often have no manual safety. Which is great for OWB Police style I have to go into the getto style carry.
Their proponents say its "one more thing to go wrong"
If you can disengage a modern well placed and designed safety. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. not the gun.
If you bump it or something ITS YOUR FAULT.
Be aware of you gun and what state it is in.
If you dont put the time into doing the proper training why the fuck are you carrying a gun.
If you have to reach into an IWB you have time to take it off while drawing smoothly.
I mean Glock spawn are good at what they do in a proper belt or shoulder holster.
But carrying a Cocked Glock inside your pants with a round in the chamber is not useing it for what it was designed for.
Keep the Cock Glock out of you pants like a non faggot.
But DAO or constant action or whatever snowflake term they use is great in any gun with a manual NON SLIDE MOUNTED safety. Or with no safety if you are a cop or security guard or in the military.
If you dont have time to draw and take it off then you need to GET GOOD

TLDR operator error blamed on manual safeties makes me angry
>>
>>31053354
Or maybe they aren't able to simulate the stress of having an attacker so having less to go wrong is a good thing

Also, striker fired guns generally have less to snag on than hammer fired.
>>
>>31053388
>Or maybe they aren't able to simulate the stress of having an attacker so having less to go wrong is a good thing
In 99 percent of cases you would point the gun at someone before you actually shoot.

the vast majority of times you need a gun it is not the OK corral.
If this is a real threat to you get the fuck out of militia trash country or the niggerville ghetto you are in.
If you cantt put your hand on your gun and leave it there for a bit before drawing you have failed in situational awareness
The amount of Stranger danger SURPRISE *BANG* *BANG* is less that you getting killed by a fucking shark if you ever swim.
If that is a real threat to you. you are gang banger or have pissed off people you should have left alone.
So you would have failed at life and its your own damn fault.
Unless it is a purse/Shoulder hoslter/ or outside the pants then No manual safety striker fired are fine.

And any Striker fired with a safety is good no matter what.

My Carry gun is a striker fired DAO pocket nine with a safety.

If i was carrying open then i would use my non safety guns.

And for fuck sake if you are carrying everyday take a fucking class or if you are a REALLY CHEAP methhead country dweller or something put some in da woods time in with no sleep for 48 hours.
>>
>>31051128
I don't know the difference, someone explain them to me
>>
>>31053567
Striker the firing pin is held back by the sear while under spring pressure(or not because DAO and constant other stuff can get wonky)

A hammer the hammer is held by the sear until let go and then hitting the back of the firing pin which is usually held back by a spring trying to go the other way. But the mass and speed of the hammer push it into the back of the case until pulled back by recoil.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.