[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sig Brace legality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: sigbrace.jpg (425KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sigbrace.jpg
425KB, 1920x1080px
Ok, I know thus has been talked to death but I'm still confused.

For the longest time, I thought shouldering a Sig Brace was a felony because of the whole SBR thing. You shoulder it, it suddenly becomes an unregistered SBR and ya dun goofd.

But then, I saw on here that the text that supports that idea comes from an ATF OPINION letter, not an actual law.

So, taking that into consideration, there's no incorrect way to shoot a "pistol" right?

.....right?
>>
>>31050999

The ATF reversed their opinion on the brace after lots of retards were bragging about how awesome it is to shoulder and shooting them on youtube, also the ATF got flooded with lots of emails from retards asking about them as well

so the current opinion is yes it is legal to use on your wrist, it's also legal to rest your chin on it, but if you shoulder it, you get a free coupon for one dead dog and a 2:00AM flashbang knock knock
>>
File: image.png (463KB, 950x759px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
463KB, 950x759px
>>31050999
Who cares, fuck the gay laws.
>>
>>31051204
Fuck. It's so...arbitrary. So I can just have it hover a few millimeters from my shoulder and I'm good? lmao
>>
>>31051217
Honestly, I'm not too worried about it. It seems like it's only a problem if there are LEO's or range officers around. I just wanted to clarify. My buddy has land so...
>>
>>31051244

don't social media yourself with a #sigbrace #fuckATF #fuckNFA hashtag and you'll be fine.
>>
I did it once at a /k/ meetup. It was a Draco, I believe. Such a great feeling.
>>
>>31050999
>not such SBRing it

The brace is 140 bucks, just pay the fucking 60 more and shoulder the thing legally and more comfortably without being locked to midget tier LOP.
>>
>>31051231
The way I see it, Its illegal to be shirtless and have the pistol make contact with your bare shoulder. Resting it on a tshirt should be good to go IMO.
>>
>>31052212
Not that I would ever shoulder my sig brace pistol, but I pulled my brace off the buffer tube a couple of inches and now it um looks like it would be much more comfortable to get close to my shoulder than it was before. I understand you can get longer buffer tubes and extended castle nuts to put the brace out further. For now my brace seems to be stuck on there very well so it should hold put.

But yeah I intend to one day do the SBR route. I just wish the ATF made it easier to do. Like go to the fun store, pay $200 for the stamp, they run a nics check and you are on your way. Of course If I bothered doing the paperwork when I first bought my pistol, It would have been a sbr for over a year now...
>>
>>31050999

>Be at house
>practicing loading and unloading mags
>gotta go sanic speed
>doggo decides its time to get in my way while walking
>trips
>oh shit oh shit
>sig brace accidentally touches shoulder
>grenade from a M203 hits battlebuddy, house is now covered by his remains
>ATF operatives break through my glass ceiling panes and pistol whip me
>take me to Guantanamo bay
>I am now labeled as a terrorist
>>
>>31050999
stop bringing this shit up, its beat to death. if you dont know by now then you are a retard
>>
>>31052290
The thing about the stamps is that they haven't been adjusted for inflation since 1934. It was designed to make a suppressed SBR the price of a new car, but now it's a fraction of a paycheck even for minimum wage plebes. The ATF is salty as hell about this and are intentionally obstructionist.
>>
>>31052342

You forgot the part where they set your house on fire
>>
>>31051244
Copfag here, fuck the ATF's gay ass laws. I'll never enforce that bullshit. As far as I'm concerned, 2a trumps all laws
>>
>>31053346
Dog bless. Thank you for your cervix.
>>
>>31053350
I Kek'd audibly
>>
>>31052212
>The brace is 140 bucks

lol wut? I just got one in FDE for 60
>>
>>31052173
Did you eat the brownies?
>>
>>31052212
>NFA cost is priced to equal cost of stock + extra to meet $200

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
File: The Big Dick of the LAw.gif (4MB, 293x164px) Image search: [Google]
The Big Dick of the LAw.gif
4MB, 293x164px
>>31053346
Monica
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.