[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving with ammo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 456746.jpg (2MB, 2500x1663px) Image search: [Google]
456746.jpg
2MB, 2500x1663px
Going to be moving across the country here pretty soon, and I'm trying to decide how best to move the ~3,000 rounds I have with my guns.
Using PODS, and they forbid weapons and ammunition in their containers.
Going to hide the guns inside anyway, but the ammo is a potential legal assfucking if I'm caught because it's technically hazmat.
Driving it myself is not an option. thinking about shipping it via FedEx or something.
What do, /k/?
>>
Can you not carry the ammo in your personal vehicle?
>>
>>31050816
driving with ammo is not hazmat nigger, how would people ever legally bring it back from their gunshops after buying it. its only labeled "hazmat" when you buy online because they cant ship it via air and have laws to specially label it to prevent retardo UPS guys from throwing around boxes of ammo into fires
>>
>>31050828
Nevermind, I can't read. Fedex or something should be ok.
>>
>>31050816
you already rented the POD just throw all your shit in that, why would yo u pay for additional shipping? companies like POD have their rules written up by liberal idiots who either hate guns/ammo or dont know anything about them. they are just company rules and have no weight of law, go ahead and throw all your shit in the POD. its getting trucked over anyway, which is how ammo is shipped in the first place. its not like they fly over your POD on a commercial airliner
>>
I want this question answered in-depth too.

But OP, it really depends on the state you're in. Some have laws against transportation of arms and munitions, some are really lax.
Best thing to do is ask if you need a special temporary license or some shit so you don't burn yourself.

If you must transport them without any other way, just be sneaky about it. Hide guns under seats, in furniture, take them apart if you need to.
>>
>>31050856
/thread
Just don't get caught if you're driving through states that don't like transportation of guns and ammo.
>>
>>31050829
Apparently interstate transportation triggers hazmat regulations. I don't know the specifics.
>>31050856
I'm not at all worried about it being flown, more of what happens to it in transit. The company has a vaguely threatening notice saying that their PODS are "frequently inspected for illegal substances". I feel like they're blowing smoke since I'm the only one with the key it in transit.
>>31050885
All states I'm passing through are thankfully gun-friendly.
>>
>>31050816
i'll drive it for you anon
>>
fug pods man i i would not give them any money if they are an anti gun company.
>>
>>31051107
Firearms/ammunition are on the do not ship list of pretty much every moving company. It's just legal ass-covering.
They're company rules to keep them from being liable for carrying your firearms through states where they're illegal.
Ammunition is a touchy subject because legally the company and driver might have to be hazmat certified.
>>
Moved a year ago from Kalifornistan to Free America. Put guns and gatteries and reloading kit in muh POV, left the safe with the furniture for the moving truck monkeys to deal with.

Zero problems. Pour a whiskey and de-kali my guns in freedom.

Feelsgoodman.tiff
>>
>>31051064
>Apparently interstate transportation triggers hazmat regulations. I don't know the specifics.

Only if you're a commercial carrier. A private person transporting personal ammo doesn't have to manifest or placard anything. To be safe, put it in unmarked lockable containers that weigh less than 66 pounds when full. Then carry it in your vehicle. Don't drive like a retard, you'll be fine.

Last thing- the ammo containers should be under the rest of your luggage anyhow. If, for whatever reason, you're asked about the containers, say they hold valuable personal property. And don't carry the keys for the locks. Mail them to yourself at your new location.
>>
>>31054114
So I'm correct in assuming that ammo shipped in PODS would be considered hazmat?
What would I be risking by hiding the ammo cans in the container?
>>
3000 rounds isnt a lot, have you thought about just selling it locally before you move?
>>
>>31054854
A good deal of it is spam can 7.62x54R and 7n6, both of which are difficult to impossible to get for the forseeable future.
>>
>>31054916
If its still in the cans you could probably shove each tin into the bottom of a few totes with other stuff piled on top and the tops duct taped on to "keep the lids securly on" and nobody would be the wiser.
This isnt Nazi Germany yet! so you shouldn't have to worry about some jackass searching through your shit without your permission.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.