[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nylon Pancake Holster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (233KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
233KB, 960x1280px
Hello, my dad gave me this holster because he got a nicer leather one and I am wondering if it would be safe to use with a glock. I know glocks are supposed to use Kydex and I am planning on getting one, but how unsafe would one like this be?
>>
Might as well shoot yourself in the fucking head right now buddy
>>
>>31048133
Might as well keep it in your pocket or waistband. It's that unsafe.
>>
>>31048186
>>31048188

Ok guess I'll just Jew carry until I get Kydex thanks
>>
>>31048223
Wait for the kydex, then carry. Super simple. It's kind of troubling that someone saying these things is carrying at all tbqh.
>>
>>31048186
>>31048188
>>31048296
Not OP but I'm missing what the issue here is. Can someone explain?
>>
>>31048186
>>31048188
>>31048223
>>31048296
is this a meme? Whats so bad about this I fail to see the problem
>>
>>31048338
>>31048384
Just elitist snobs. Same people on arfcom that say shit like LARUE OR NUFFIN.

>has retention strap
>fully covers trigger
>2 point loop through belt

This is actually "safer" than a kydex (plastic) because it has a retention strap.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 700x471px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 700x471px
>>31048296
I'm not carrying yet. It's an OWB holster and I'm using it to carry around the house and I've been using Israeli carry.

Like I said I know glocks are supposed to use kydex. Also I've had it Israeli cArry with it cocked and it hasn't pushed the trigger in yet and had a "fake" ND while holstering but I was just curious.

>>31048338
>>31048384
Because soft holsters can bend and warp so something could get caught in the trigger guard. especially dangerous with glocks apparently
>>
You do not need a polymer hardshell holster to carry a glock, which dipshit operator told you that? Just don't get a soft material or non-molded holster with no trigger coverage for edc. The retards that glockleg themselves have $10 nylon holsters, paper thin broken down leather, or do not safely draw and holster their weapons. The guy that put two holes in his ass had kydex, he just tried to fast draw with his finger on the trigger and failed to clear the retention. Train like a dumbass and skip safety steps and you ND regardless of type of pistol.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31049290
This one is pretty thick to where I can try to pull the trigger as hard as I can on the outside and I can't even touch the trigger really. Does it seem safe? (There's obvs no round chambered in this pic)

Also yea I see how improper draw and bolstering could cause a ND with any type of gun or holster
>>
Pic of inside of holster
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>31049548
Forgot pic
>>
>>31048428

You're clearly a retard.

If you're CCing, you have no need for a strap, due to your belt, pants and fit of the kydex that will clamp that bitch into place.

A strap is also gonna slow you down, unless he trains for it a lot, there are good chances if he does need to draw his gun, his adrenaline will be going so high that he'll probably forget to undo the strap (lots of Leo and normal ppl have done this)

The biggest thing, those shit nylon holsters can easily fold in to itself like some of the leather one ( like in this pic >>31048465) , so you can accidently press on the trigger and have a ND.

You clearly have no knowledge of carrying, so fuck off fag.
>>
>>31049618
Post your guns, because I dont think you own any. I didn't say it was a great option, but its not the worst holster ever. Do you see the double stitching on the edges? That's going to prevent it folding like the leather one in that picture.

Also, rule #1 is clear your holster. If your holster has an obstruction and you ND it's your fault, not the holsters. I've seen leos get their drawstrings to windbreakers caught in their glock trigger guards. Does that mean glock is a bad gun?

Why are you unholstering your gun for any reason? Zero reason to remove your carry gun from its holster unless you're removing it to pull the trigger.
>>
>>31049618
It's an owb retention holster stupid

It's ok (barsony) but for carrying anything you want it molded to a specific model for proper retention. That type is a generic fits-all holster. It won't be particularly comfortable but they're fine for the range or short term carrying. If you want to iwb/conceal carry don't waste your time with those, that gets people in a lot of trouble and they don't work/sit correctly.
>>
>>31048133

>not using a glock™ brand glo-olster™ to tactically tuck your tactical tackle in your tummy tab

You might as well throw your old gun away, everyone one knows the plastic springs in the glock will immediately corrode dangerously if you don't put it into at least prime-A1 grade Kydex nylon-carbotanium weave holster.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.