[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Israeli Kareen KA-MKIII Pistols

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: F1KAREENDT.jpg (82KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
F1KAREENDT.jpg
82KB, 800x520px
Hey /k/ommandos,

So I've got the opportunity to get into a Kareen KA-MKIII Hi-Power Clone for under 3 bills (similar to pic related). I am very seriously considering it, but would like to get your feedback on it.

Do any of you have experience with this style of pistol/hi power clones in general?

I've done research on the gun, and apparently the MKI's were made in Hungary at the FEG plant, and the MKII-MKIII's are basically a Bulgarian Arcus 94 copy (possibly assembled in Israel from Bulgarian parts -not sure). But I find conflicting reports about this. Apparently they were developed as a more durable alternative to the FN Hi-Powers that wouldn't stand up to the overpressured SMG 9mm ammo that the Israelis were using in their Uzis. Is this bullshit? Does anyone have any more historical info on these guys?

In short - wtf is this thing, is it a decent gun, is it made in Bulgaria or Israel, should it buy it?

Thanks you bunch of nasty bastards.
>>
>>31047614

I hate jews
>>
>>31047635
/thread/
>>
>>31047653

>/thread/

I hope that was a typo else get out newfaggot
>>
>>31047614
It's based on a great gun Il, give you that. But it's been kinda made ugly...very ugly. Frankenstein gun with weird aftermarket and personally I think it looks ugly. Save your money and buy something really nice that you fully enjoy. Because the question is do you really like the gun or is it just cheap?
>>
>>31047663
Not OP but I'm more interested if the whole +P Uzi ammo thing is the real deal, there's a lot of stupid things I want to do with one if that's true.
>>
>>31047614
It's just an Arcus 94. Like the other Kareens, the parts are made in Hungary and shipped to Israel for final fitting and assembly.
>>
>>31047614
>FFL required
>another generic, metal framed, full sized pistol chambered in 9mm

Am I missing something or are they just being jews?
>>
>>31047660
U
>>
>>31047663
>>31047763

OP here,

Thanks for the input dudes. I know the things sorta ugly, but theres something about it that resonates with me. I dig the sharp geometric lines. My main purpose for it would just be to be a beater/car gun. I know I'd probably be better served by a police trade in Glock (which is probably still what I'm going to do), but it's just so cheap I'm still thinking on it.
>>
>>31047635
this
buy literally anything else
>>
>>31047783
It means they have to ship it to a ffl holder like literally every other firearm you stupid retard.
>>
>>31047614
>Apparently they were developed as a more durable alternative to the FN Hi-Powers that wouldn't stand up to the overpressured SMG 9mm ammo that the Israelis were using in their Uzis
FN Hi Powers don't have any kind of durability problems, but they are not rated for high pressure ammo. Use standard pressure ammo, and they will outlast you.

>In short - wtf is this thing, is it a decent gun, is it made in Bulgaria or Israel, should it buy it?
I wouldn't bother with any of the $300 Hi Power clones made in the third world when you can get a real Hi Power for a little north of $400 in beat up condition to around $500 for one in very good condition (check Gunbroker).

>>31047688
>Not OP but I'm more interested if the whole +P Uzi ammo thing is the real deal, there's a lot of stupid things I want to do with one if that's true.
Why? If you want to get a cheap gun in a higher pressure caliber for three bills, then just get a police trade in Smith and Wesson M&P40.
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/654_910/products_id/411556042/Used+Guns/Police+Trade-Ins
Bonus points: It was issued to the PD in the most dangerous city in the country.

>>31047855
It's cheap because of how beat up the finish is. Leaving a gun in a car opens up the possibility for corrosion. Metal gets cold at night and stays colder than surrounding air in the morning as it accumulates condensation. Repeated water accumulation from condensation, drying, and re-accumulation will translate to surface rust on a blued gun, and since that gun probably doesn't have much finish left, you're going to get deep pitting pretty quickly. The Glock would be relatively fine with these conditions.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.