[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M&P 9mm Police Trade in?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: wp_002474.jpg (163KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
wp_002474.jpg
163KB, 1024x768px
Hey guys, thinking about nabbing one of the M&P police trade ins from buds gun shop. Currently running 350 with three mags, what do yall think. Worth it, or should I just save for a glock?
>>
>>31046430
$350 for a 9mm with three mags and the possibility of NS? Can't beat that. That is as good as you'll get with a fullsize le trade in.

Only detracting point of the M&P's is the trigger is pretty meh but that can be upgraded later on.
>Worth it, or should I just save for a glock?

Depends on what you like. If I were you, I would go to an LGS and check out both a G19 and an M&P9 before you decide. Great deal by the way, might pick one up for myself.
>>
>>31046430
You'll be hard pressed to find a better gun for the same amount. Try to get one with night sights and you've got yourself a bitching deal.
>>
>>31046534
These do come with night sights, but who knows how well the tritium will work anymore in these.
>>31046529
I've owned a glock and shot several different variants. I love em dearly, but I've also handled a few m&ps and don't have any qualms with it. Figure it might be nice to grab one since I currently don't own a full size. Appreciate the input, thought this was a killer deal myself but just wanted to see what some others thought.

Here's the link btw
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_654_910/products_id/718002823/Firearms/Used+Guns/Police+Trade-Ins/Used+S%26W+M%26P9+9MM+W3+17RD+MAGS+NS
>>
>>31046544
M&Ps aren't old so they should be good, otherwise I think you might be able to get them replaced but don't quote me on that.
>>
>>31046430
That's a pretty goddamn good deal, you're not going to find much better on the market, especially at that bang for your buck
>>
>>31046544
>These do come with night sights, but who knows how well the tritium will work anymore in these.

They shouldn't be too dim. I'll assume the guns themselves are relatively new in the 1-5 years old range and if that's the case, the tritium should still be good. If it's a set of Trijicons, they should still glow. Worst case scenario which is unlikely as fuck, the gun is 11 years old (M&P's were brought in at 2005) and the night sight's tritium would be reaching the end of its life.

The ergos on the M&P's are what make it considered a step up from the Glock to some people. Getting around 3 people into guns and I'm definately going to send them the link to this later on in the evening.
>>
>>31046430
M&P is about as good as a Glock, and does the same things, personally I think the ergos are better, get a feel for both in your hands and see which feels the best to you.
>>
File: Buds40cal9mmM&P.jpg (329KB, 4781x2690px) Image search: [Google]
Buds40cal9mmM&P.jpg
329KB, 4781x2690px
>>31046544
Gotta love Buds nice deals and such but picture is of .40 Listed as 9mm Not like a lot of difference but...
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_654_910/products_id/718002823/Firearms/Used+Guns/Police+Trade-Ins/Used+S%26W+M%26P9+9MM+W3+17RD+MAGS+NS
>>
>>31047280
Damn screwed up the cropping but yea if you zoom in you can see it...
>>
>>31046430
Bought mine on Buds as well, they have a mag safety which I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to remove yet so that's the only thing I'd take away from it.
>>
>>31047280

That's my one gripe with bud's, they just use a random stock picture for every gun. It's never a picture of the actual gun you're buying.

That said, i've never had any issues.
>>
>>31046430
It seems like a good deal. If it were me, I would save up to get a brand new one. It's just a little bit more cash.

But the 150 dollars or less that you save to buy the new M&P could be used to buy ammo and accessories, too.
>>
>>31046430
How many rounds is a m&p police trade in likely to have?
>>
>>31047491
probably not as many as people might think.

most of the wear would probably be holster and drop related.
>>
>>31047491
17+1 in the 9mm

16+1 in the s&w40
>>
>>31046430
I bought one of the "used" csp m&p .40 they had awhile back for $320.
The thing was unfired and had everything in the box a new one would have. the 2 extra magazines were engraved with the serial number of the gun, night sights were still bright and no magazine safety.
>>
>>31046430
this is relevant to my interests
Police trade in glocks?
http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore. com/category.cfm/sportsman/used-firearms
>>
>>31047522
That's what I figured. It's not like most cops shoot tons and tons right

>>31047558
(^:
>>
>>31047589
Most leo trade ins look brand new internally
>>
Good deal, do it. If its a factory trigger its fine. Its a little softer than most like but decent. Make sure you lube the trigger assembly and blow it out with compressed air, then clean the striker channel. Makes a world of difference.
>>
File: 9706754_orig.jpg (227KB, 987x800px) Image search: [Google]
9706754_orig.jpg
227KB, 987x800px
>>31047607
To true, my first gun was a Police trade in Beretta. The grip and beaver tail were worn silver. Inside was like new.

Part of me wishes I still had it because it was my first. Maybe someday I'll get around to buying a 92A3, I need to silence the regret.
>>
Sorry to necropost, but I've been thinking of getting a "car gun" to just leave in my trunk or glovebox or something and since I've been spending waaaaaay too much money on guns lately I don't want to drop a ton more money on one. I also already have a bunch of glock mags but since this comes with three I'd be set for what it's purpose would be.

Should I get a used leo tradein glock or this? It seems like a really good deal.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.