[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P-64 bread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (27KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 352x352px
So, I've been contemplating purchasing a P-64 recently since my LGS has them up the ass for about $219 with a holster and 2 clipazines. Is the P-64 worth the money? I've been wanting a small automatic for CC and I fumbled with one last time I was at my local fun store but I (probably stupidly), didn't buy it because I had no money at the time. Since I have money now, should I buy one?

Also;
>P-64 thread
>>
>>31038038
It's better than nothing, sounds good if it comes with a holster though.
>>
>>31038038
Mak guns are fun. If you want one buy one.
>>
I like mine.
Cons: a little heavy for its size, the mag release at bottom of the grip is inconvenient, ammo isn't readily available in my area so have to order, first trigger pull is stiff as hell.
Pros: Easily concealable, fixed barrel seems to make it very accurate, very smooth and reasonably light trigger after the first pull, loaded chamber indicator is a tactile pin on back of slide so you can tell in the dark, inexpensive.
>>
File: Makarov.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Makarov.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>31038038
>P-64
>Not a PMM

Why?
>>
>>31038038

>>31038417
yeah i'd go with bulgarian makarov personally but that's all about opinion, i just really like how they look

http://www.jgsales.com/bulgarian-makarov-semi-auto-pistol,-9x18,-red-star-grips,-holster,-excellent-condition,-used.-p-64017.html

link to where i'm going to get mine
>>
They're good little guns, I carry one or my cz82 depending on weather. You're gonna want go buy some Wolff springs for the trigger though, it's awful and even after you replace the springs the triggers gonna be pretty shitty.
>>
>>31039745
This.

Theyre pretty nice for the price. I was looking into getting one a few weeks ago but ended up getting a cz 83 instead. The mak just felt awkward to me. I felt like I had to reach for the trigger and mag release. Seemed like the grip was just too long for my hand but other than that I liked the look and build of it. Also the shop wanted $350 for the maks and $230 for the cz83 so it was an easy choice for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31038417
I already own a PM.
>>
Polish P-64 is a Walther PPK clone in 9x18, and its tooling, manufacture, fit and finish is damn near identical to the older Walthers. As someone who owns a few different pistols chambered in 9x18, I can say the P64 is hands down the finest in quality and design. Don't let the price fool you - the only reason it's $200 is that 9x18 isn't a "common" round in the US and there was a market flood of surplus imports driving the price down.
I have an HK91 also. If some German vault of thousands or tens of thousands of them got dumped on the market, they might go from $3k-$4k guns to sub-$1k guns overnight. Doesn't mean jack about the quality.
Guns are one of those things where "you get what you pay for" isn't always true. You can spend a mint on a crappy gun that is the latest craze, or pick up a surplus awesome firearm for a song.
>>
I have a p64. It's my second least favorite gun to the nagant revolver. With a spring kit, the trigger is not bad at all in single action, but still shit in da. The sights are nearly nonexistent, and the mag release is hard to get to, but the kicker is just how snappy it is. It's pretty much the same to your hands webbing what a 12g is to your shoulder. It gets uncomfortable to shoot quickly.
>>
File: bulldogice.jpg (171KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
bulldogice.jpg
171KB, 600x400px
>>31040972
>If some German vault of thousands or tens of thousands of them got dumped on the market, they might go from $3k-$4k guns to sub-$1k guns overnight.

If only...
>>
This seems like the right place to ask. Currently looking to get a new Slav gun. LGS has a hand nugget in seemingly good condition (haven't gotten a close look at it) for $299, CZ-83s for 469, and they used to have P64's for around $250 (not sure if still in stock). Any suggestions on what to spring for? I want a hand nugget at some point, but they're a bitch to find. Any new imports of them rumored to be coming in any time soon?
>>
>>31042838
fully agree with this. I hate shooting my p64
>>
>>31040510
What ammo?
>>
>>31040972
That almost is a thing, the PTR91 is a good G3 clone and is easy to find for sub-$1000, all they really lack is the branding.
>>
So I still can't decide between a mak/p64/cz82
>>
>>31045807
The ammo in the picture is Ruger ARX .380.

>inb4 .380 Makarov meme
>>
>>31046769
Ah, didn't notice the rear sight.
Thought it was some 9x18 Lehigh Xtreme Penetrators.
Carry on.
>Go for it with the P64, I love mine.
I use Underwood +p XTPs or 115gr HC for carry, wolf for practice.
>>
>>31046769
Nothing wrong with .380ACP

>>31046637
I'd vote for the CZ personally.
>>
I've owned all of those and the cz82 is my favorite. I vote cz82 , get a cz 83 while your at it too
>>
>>31044359
Get the 83 unless it's a .32 ACP
Wonderful firearms
>>
File: 019.jpg (288KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
019.jpg
288KB, 960x1280px
>>31038038
Get one. Ammo can be had at around the same price as 9mm, and they're great shooters. Accurate as hell, and the machining is about as good as it gets for cold war eastern Europe.
>>
File: p64-chekwattle.jpg (85KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
p64-chekwattle.jpg
85KB, 640x427px
>>31038038
>>
I just picked up a p64 for $210 at cabellas
(yeah why did i go there?)
This thing is in pretty good shape
Albeit i had to mess with the mag spring in both mags a little and it could use a good cleaning
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.