[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

596 billion spend on US military expenditures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 14

File: defense.gif (28KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
defense.gif
28KB, 720x540px
Is it really necessary for the US to spend this amount?
>>
It's only 4.7% of the GDP. Pocket change.
>>
Yeah. We Arakkas now
>>
Yes, because no one else is going to step in when Pakistan and India (or China and Japan, or Iran and Israel) start getting at each other's throats
>>
>>31036313
Yes it is if you wish to maintain global superpower status.
>>
>>31036313
That's what happens when you have an actual economy.

Now take your shitty bait thread elsewhere
>>
File: TotalSpendingEnacted.png (90KB, 1000x827px) Image search: [Google]
TotalSpendingEnacted.png
90KB, 1000x827px
>>31036313
Yes.
>>
>>31036365
1% on science
2% on transportation
3% on education

that's sad
>>
>>31036313
We wouldn't have to if all the NATO countries would fulfill their obligations.
>>
Maybe we can ask Europe and Canada to actually spend money on their militaries and to waste their budget on importing violent allah faggots. Then we can tone it down.
>>
>>31036377
>27% on healthcare
thats the really sad part, seriously the healthcare system is such a colossal cluster fuck its not even funny.
>>
>>31036377
Hardly, its still tens of billions.
>>
File: EguSgD0.jpg (487KB, 1737x1200px) Image search: [Google]
EguSgD0.jpg
487KB, 1737x1200px
>>31036377
NASA had a budget of $18.4 Billion in 2015.
ESA had a Budget of $5.15 Billion in 2015.

The EPA had a Budget of 8.1 Billion in 2015.

How do eurofags hope to compete when they cant keep thier space agencys funding at the level of the US EPA, the least funded government organization.
>>
>>31036377

Keep in mind that this is FEDERAL spending. There's no telling how much private spending goes into these things.
>>
>>31036351
>Our role is to stick our nose in everybody else's business
That's why nobody likes you except Canada.
>>
>>31036377
Try getting some of the people on the welfare slice to get off of it. Free up some that slice for other shit. Or are you one of those people that's appalled that we only spend almost half the budget on welfare and SS, and thinks we should be spending even more? Think about this, there exists, a class of government worker, who's job it is, to take money that the government gives them, which it takes from the people, and then give it back to them.
>>
>>31036435
All of Asia except for China is experiencing record high approval rates of the US since we started sticking out noses into the South Chins Sea.
>>
I like how russians like pretending they even stand a chance

One of these days US is gonna slap their fucking shit so hard it will be over before they can even launch their nukes
>>
>>31036435
>the europeans don't like us because we keep them from killing each other and starting a third world war that they would undoubtedly drag us into

Back to your cuckshed Sven.
>>
>>31036448
I would rather have the money dedicated to improving our transportation, infrastructure, education, and science research.
>>
>>31036313
I'm not even American and I wish they would spend more.

Even though the cold war is over I still dream of the day we fight communists with Americans by our side.
>>
>>31036377
Agreed :/ the U.S. seriously needs to stop supporting people who don't wanna work.
>>
>>31036456
>Irrelevant and semi-relevant nations that have always been in the sphere of China enjoy being lackeys to the US instead
Colour me impressed.

>>31036465
The US is never attacking Russia, stop fantasizing.

>>31036476
>the europeans don't like us because we keep them from killing each other
Exactly. I want our nation to regain the ability to gut Germans, piss on Spaniards and slap the queen of England's face with our dick. Instead we're forced to pretend we enjoy living next to these fucking rats.
Americans are just cock-blocking everyone to preserve their moronic capitalistic peace and move stocks of hamburgers, shitty pop music and TV shows. Literally no fun allowed : the country.
>>
how many aerospace and military industry companies are based in the US? how many are based in those countries?

US defense spending is so high because higher-ups in the military and government are in the pocket of these companies, and they're all making a fortune.
>>
>>31036515
>world wars are fun
Your tendies are done. I can hear your mom calling.
>>
>>31036426
Most education funding is at the state level. Total spending is about 19% of all government spending.
>>
>>31036515
>Chinese control is better than protected self-determination.

.5 yuan has been deposited into your checking account.
>>
>>31036565
He does sound like the kind of officer that would get his skull caved in with a shovel by his own men because he ordered them to run dick first into a machine gun nest doesn't he?
>>
>>31036565
They were great before we got involved.

American troops for American soil, American money for American citizens.
>>
>>31036313
It could've been cut if the US relation with military industrial complex would be different as they're developing lots of stuff they have no reason to replace, the naval spending is really hit or miss(US Navy gets the best Aircraft Carriers ever made each time they get new one, but their cost is usually unproportionally higher to "just okay" carriers other navies use - see QE vs Gerard Ford), have tendency to work from the wrong end of the system(like guided artillery munitions instead of better FCS) etc.
>>
>>31036313

No, they are the strongest country in the world at the moment and Russia or China will take advantage of any weakness to get on top.
>>
>>31036625
Maybe we would but our allies in Asia said they want the US troops and our allies in Europe are too busy paying money so achmed can fuck them in the ass instead of spending money so they can defend ourselves.
>>
>>31036313
The data you are presenting is flawed in that fails to include China's 'unofficial' defense spending. Total Chinese defense spending is 50% of U.S. spending.
>>
>>31036313
is it really necessary for you to question it?
>>
>>31036614
>protected self-determination
You have the same neurosis we had a hundred years ago. You won't enjoy the backlash.
>>
Our defense budget is bloated and expands without reason every year. That being said, a lot of that money is invested into R&D and a huge amount of our production gets sold at a premium to other countries. Technically we're in the business of war.
>>
>>31036820
60 billion is invested into research and development. over 200 billion is devoted to maintenance and operations, and another 150 billion is for military personnel lol. the remaining is for procurement.

our arms exporting is only $10 billion.
>>
Well so we can remain the Imperial American Empire fuck yeah dude
>>
>>31036313
>Is it really necessary for the US to spend this amount?
Honestly, and I am not trolling here: it should spend a lot more.

Military is decaying and needs an overhaul. Too much pork spending, also. We need to spend more on military spending, while cutting a lot of the unnecessary and wasteful spending like the f35 project, huge piece of shit + overly expensive.
>>
>>31036313
If Japan, the UK, Germany and France had real militaries it'd help ease the burden on the US.
>>
>>31037215
>huge piece of shit + overly expensive.

I'll bet people said the same thing about your beloved A10 Mr. Sprey.
>>
>>31036313

America didn't get the memo that the arms race finished.
>>
>>31036313
When you have a strong defense it shows that you have a strong country

People from outside are less likely to attack you and take your freedoms away

In short it's better to have the ability to go on the defend and offense then it is to rely on another outside country for protection if you have a low military
>>
>>31036633
>US Navy gets the best Aircraft Carriers ever made each time they get new one, but their cost is usually unproportionally higher to "just okay" carriers other navies use - see QE vs Gerard Ford

Ford costs roughly twice as much as a QE. It can also carry roughly twice the number of aircraft, while having a far greater variety in terms of aircraft it can carry, being nuclear-powered, and having a more advanced self-defense system (this last one isn't a big deal, but probably factors into cost a fair bit)
>>
>>31037215
Your sentiment is correct, however you're memeing hard about the F-35.
>>
>>31037276
Lol
>>
>>31036365
>>31036377
>Welfare 33%
>>
>>31037326
At this point you should be more worried about people from the inside taking your freedoms away.
>>
>>31036313
I think it's good to maintain a strong military for the sake of protecting the nation's sovereignty.

What I disagree with is the constant foreign wars and interventions.
>>
>>31036377
its not what you spend, its what your return is.
>>
>>31036416
oh so sad. better buckle up sweetie 'cause its going to get worse.
>>
>>31036313
man, this is fucked
that's what a huge percentage of taxes of every american citizen combined have added up to
yet, statists still cling to "muh roads" when you say taxation is too high
like, how much money do they fucking think the road budget is? certainly aint 600 billion
>>
>>31036365
The UK spends 18% on the NHS and provides universal healthcare.

Wtf is the US spending its money on when they still bankrupt the sick?
>>
>>31038781
I don't know about the UK, but when I look at Canada's "universal healthcare" system, it was a horribly inefficient and economically exhausting program that ended up putting Canada in a state of financial emergency not that many years ago, and have since severely undercut their healthcare systems budget to the point of you needed to go to a private practice to actually get treatment in a timely and detailed manor.

I can't imagine the UK's being much different.
>>
>>31038574
Amen
>>
>>31038780
You're trying too hard.
>>
File: 1470723647730.jpg (11KB, 320x229px) Image search: [Google]
1470723647730.jpg
11KB, 320x229px
>>31038574
Yeah this

Uncle Sam can go fuck himself. Go start wars in some sandy crevice with your own god damn money, I need it for more guns.
>>
>>31038473
>Your sentiment is correct, however you're memeing hard about the F-35.
It is an overly expensive piece of shit, that is factual.
>>
>>31038820
Almost no one apart from the very wealthy uses private healthcare in the UK. The only thing keeping it alive is cosmetic surgery.

I guess having complete state control of a universal service allows you to throw out the idea of medicine for profit that blows up prices in the US.
>>
>>31038841
Meh, not really. Compare the F-35 to other western 4th gen fighter prices. Its competitive as hell, and does far more.
>>
>>31038843
Actually red tape and bureaucracy is what raises the prices in the US. Healthcare in the United States was actually substantially cheaper before the government started implementing subsidized programs that just opened the floodgates for people to irresponsibly fill ER's around the country, causing a sudden influx in medical resource consumption leading to medical facilities having to severely inflate their prices because government funding takes a lot of time to change and flux with the market.

Back when companies could just compete with one another without having to worry about overzealous government intervention, I could just pick the best insurance that fit me or get a decent job that provided it to me. Now healthcare eats a huge portion of our annual tax dollars while benefiting no one with 8 horrid wait times in hospitals that are terribly understaffed because we can't afford it on a tax budget.
>>
>>31036456
Even 50% of china has favorable views of the US
>>
>>31036377
A lot of private funding in science. Plus a fuck ton of research is paid for by the military.

A lot of transportation is privatized, i.e. personal vehicles. Amtrak and the FAA need an overhaul, though. And we need to dump a shitload of money into infrastructure.

Education is a money sink. No matter how much dosh you dump into it, schools are still going to need to do bake sales to buy classroom supplies. Reason for that is, teachers unions make sure that most of the money goes to things like admin positions and bloated salaries for non-productive tenured dinosaurs.

Education is a field where you don't need to show a tangible work product. They take ignorant kids and turn them into stupid kids, the only detectable difference being that the kids are older.

Ok, I'll shut up now.
>>
>>31036435
They don't have to like us. They just have to do what we tell them.
>>
>>31036498
You mean the EU?
>>
>>31038892
Is the US too far down that road to just make it a universal healthcare system?

I imagine there would be some noise about communism. I just read this comparison: http://uk.businessinsider.com/an-american-uses-britain-nhs-2015-1

Admittedly it's one persons experience.
>>
>>31036313
since we provide most of the defense for western Europe yes. is EU nations would bother to invest in their own militarys the US would likely cut back on its military spending and beef up the welfare state.
>>
>>31036313

Since most other NATO participants are too pussy to actual enforce the agreement?

Yea. We subsidize most of the members as is.
>>
>>31038938
>Education is a money sink.

This. US pays more per student than anyone else in the world for shitty outcomes. You can't just throw money and culture problems and expect it to go away.
>>
>>31038978
And you're doing that for what reason exactly? Kindness of heart or geo-strategic influence?
>>
>>31039048
the latter. The US is the backbone of NATO other member nations benefit from the partnership without having to put their 2%GDP in
>>
>>31039129
But if the US really wanted all NATO members to spend more - wouldn't there be ways to put pressure on them?
I'm actually not so sure the US is (inofficially) unhappy about the current state as it gives them full control over NATO.
>>
>>31036313
You are missing the point, that money is not going to where you think it is, see:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-audit-army-idUSKCN10U1IG
>>
>>31039250
I personally don't know how the higher up's feel about it I'm just annoyed with budget bloat affecting my taxes
>>
File: 1469620729269.png (18KB, 824x928px) Image search: [Google]
1469620729269.png
18KB, 824x928px
>>31036313
In Europe and Canada we aren't going to defend ourselves. Thats your job, and with Hillary in the oval office starting a new string of wars every couple of years its only going to get worse.
>>
>>31036329
3.5%
>>
File: 1463747369121.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1463747369121.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>>31036351
>Pakistan and India
Who cares

>or China and Japan
Save glorious Japan
>>
>>31036313
The other countries spend less because they just copy us and they don't have darpa doing all kinds of crazy ass Sci fi stuff.
If you think darpa is really spending their time on jet belts to ruin faster, you've lost your damn mind.
>>
>>31036633
>have tendency to work from the wrong end of the system(like guided artillery munitions instead of better FCS)

Our policy and doctrine isn't your policy and doctrine. Doing things differently doesn't equate to doing them wrong.
>>
>>31036313
US defense spending was of 609.3bn dollars for 2015 (https://www.nationalpriorities.org/budget-basics/federal-budget-101/spending/) which represents 15.88% of total federal spending.

The world average is 2% on GDP and that is what is required by NATO, America spends 3% but they are still 38th place, 3%+ largest economy on earth = lots of money,

As to why China's spending is cheaper, they have almost 3x the active soldiers, they have three times as many modern tanks on par with the types the USA currently operates. Plus a growing air force which currently matches the forces America could deploy in the pacific by number, as well as currently building several aircraft carriers, which by 2017 will push them up to having matched the deployable carrier fleets America has available for the pacific.
They have a smaller budget because it's f*cking china, they can pay their soldiers $1000 a year, American soldiers of the same rank make $20,000+ a year, on top of another $20,000+ for accommodation costs for them, that is the difference, If China had to pay their troops the same wages as the USA, China WOULD have a military budget similar to that of the USA.
The other large area is by size and economy is the European Union which if combined has a current military budget of $550 billion dollars right now. And that is with some of the European countries not complying with the required 2% of NATO.

And another point, the US military is built around non-nuclear deterrence as well as fighting on two fronts for any future major war, no reasonable or sane argument can be presented from a military standpoint as to why America should match their military budget to that of a smaller/poorer nation.
>>
>>31037215
>the f35 project, huge piece of shit + overly expensive.

The same thing was said about the Abrams, the F14, the M-16 platform, and the Nimitz class carriers.
>>
>>31036422

A lot of euro nations also has independent national space research so that is a bit misleading.
>>
>>31036313

part 2 of >>31040369

The US military spends 40-50 billion a year on space programs, the US military also has the worlds largest research budget under it, everything from fusion engines to robotics, which is 80-100 billion a year, and most of us are and will be using things that at some point where funded by that military budget. Usable fusion reactors are probably going to come from the US military research.
>>
>>31036313
Yes. The United States is extremely wealthy.
>>
>>31037326

Even if you spent 10% of what you do now, nobody would ever invade US mainland, as you would still be stronger than the 2nd best.

Face it, US defence policy is nothing about national defence.
>>
>>31037326
As if foreign powers are the biggest threat to your freedom.
-muh murica
>>
>>31040444
>Face it, US defence policy is nothing about national defence.

US defense policy is to fight in your back yard so we don't have to fight in our back yard.
>>
>>31039026
>US pays more per student than anyone else in the world for shitty outcomes.

Do you really tho? Here in sweden you get paied to study in highschool and six years in uni. And even after that you can study a few more years getting payed if you just know the tricks.
>>
>>31040478

>US defense policy is to fight in your back yard so we don't have to fight in our back yard.

It is indeed, and I never claimed anything else. And to do that you need a fuck huge military. However the rest of the world is getting a bit fed up with this policy.
>>
>>31038960
It is mostly a culture issue. People in the US don't take kindly to the idea of some government bureaucrat telling them what medical care they can have(muh death panels).

Our current bullshit healthcare system is just making the problem worse by our government forcing people to buy a private product(health insurance from private insurance companies) with embedded services they do not need under threat of massive taxation. For example: why do I need to pay for insurance that covers pap smears and cervical cancer? If I refuse to buy said product, I'll be taxed into so much debt to the IRS it's not even funny. Hell, a couple months ago I had to pay quadruple the price for a medical procedure I had five years ago.

I personally wouldn't be opposed to a proper healthcare system that allows the doctors to determine and approve what treatments a patient needs for their health, but we're not gonna get that kind of system here. It really is a case of if it's not broke don't fix it.
>>
>>31040528
>the rest of the world is getting a bit fed up with this policy.
Tough shit.
>>
>>31040715

Every militarys primary focus in the entire world is national defence. That is why they can have much lower costs and in some cases even have people do the military service for free as they feel that they do a good thing.

But not little special snowflake USA, national defence is best preformed by invading some shithole in the middle east every five years and nobody will ever want to die for Ahmed without getting a fat paycheck.

The US economy is huge, and if the just invested some of the money in other things you could have much lower taxes, better education and be on Mars by now.
>>
>>31036313
No, we are clearly not spending enough.
>>
>>31036313
When we're literally prodding Russia into a war? yes.
>>
>>31036313
>"The United States spends more on defense than the next seven counties combined."
That should have been followed by
>"And don't you fucking forget it."
>>
Agreed. We need to cut way back on entitlements to fund a military spending expansion. There is no reason that the government should be handing out that amount of welfare when defense is it's primary and most important job to do.
>>
>>31042157
>"defence"

More like force projection.
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 722x714px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 722x714px
>>31040797
Because none of you idiots will do it yourself.
>>
>>31042196
Why cant ju just ignore the other cunts. If they dont want to spend anything on defence themselfs just ignore them.
>>
>>31042157
I agree with your opinion on reducing entitlements, but it would still be beneficial to reduce our military expenditures. The US will always have military projection and be the top military; reducing our military spending by $100 billion and allocating that for our infrastructure will be enormously beneficial.

US military spending is too bloated and it is a tax on the common man that is used to support the wealthy military industrial complex. Those executives are living off a government enforced tax that supports their lifestyle.
>>
>>31042172
Best defense is being strong enough that no one will attack you.
>>
File: geralsdd6.jpg (26KB, 387x299px) Image search: [Google]
geralsdd6.jpg
26KB, 387x299px
>>31039398
>compelled to spend hundreds of billions of dollars on the military, only to employ it to lazily bomb shithole countries or to provide defense for a bunch of countries that hate your guts

We should've listened
>>
>>31042230
Because the same idiots expects us to save their bacon.
>>
>>31042230
Then they might actually start spending and then they'll get uppity
>>
>>31040479
And what does all of that paid education do for you? Does it position you to get your dream job? Are you highly competitive in the top end career fields?

Or is it more like you now have a deep understanding of Eutruscan wedding customs?
>>
>>31040528
The rest of the world shouldn't have elected us to be World Cop back in 1948 or thereabouts.
>>
>>31042172
>force projection

Effective preemptive defense by any other name.
>>
File: vierbund05h.jpg (45KB, 525x340px) Image search: [Google]
vierbund05h.jpg
45KB, 525x340px
>>31038978

>EU nations would bother to invest in their own militarys

This meme needs to die. EVERY time Euros build strong militaries, they end up slaughtering each other, and Americans end up dying to stop it. Why would this change the next time around?
>>
>>31044543
>turkey
>europe
good one

>>31044438
times change. the US doesn't need to be world cop anymore. we already have our bases stationed around the will to enforce our will. we can lower our military spending without changing our force projection.
>>
>>31036842
This is mostly it. We actually pay our troops a semi decent amount compared to other similarly sized militaries. As well as have lots of stuff to upkeep
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 513x368px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 513x368px
>>31038841
"no"
>>
>>31038781
>Wtf is the US spending its money on when they still bankrupt the sick?
people leeching the welfare system who have never had a job and never plan on getting one. the US welfare system is exploitable as fuck to the point people don't even need to work because of the amount of handouts they get.
>>
>>31042345

>should have sat out WWII after Japan and Germany declare war on us

Ok, dingus.
>>
>>31036313

>That stack of countries that only equate when combined

Obviously yes, moron.
>>
>>31036465
>One of these days US is gonna slap their fucking shit so hard

Why the fuck do people want this? I'd rather tag-team with Russia and dominate the world.

>US and Russia will never be best friends

Sigh
>>
>>31036435
Isolationism is never ever coming back, when will you faggots realize this.
>>
>>31045808
that's why i secretly hope that Trump will be the next president
>>
>>31038938
Yes. This so much on education.

Plus, a good reason why science should probably be privately funded is that the govt will try to regulate research, which is bad for making any real progress.
>>
File: jesus christ i don't even.png (195KB, 368x375px) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ i don't even.png
195KB, 368x375px
>>31036435
>5'1 woman getting raped by 6'3 dindu
>you have a gun and are able to shoot dindu
>don't want to stick my nose in her business

Problems have to be dealt with, bad guys have to get bodied. The US deals with the adult things so our eurocuck friends can squabble about petty matters
>>
>>31036313
Maybe if NATO was broken up like it should of been in the 90s, your argument may have been reasonable.
>>
>>31036515
>you turn 17
>about to finish high school
>whole life ahead of you
>petty eurocuck politics start WW3
>get drafted
>fast forward 3 months, you are crying at the bottom of a shell hole, desperately trying to push your liver back inside your torso with the 2 fingers you still have, wanting to go home and see your mother one last time

Shoo shoo
>>
>>31045869
Or how about what we've been doing all along, a mixture of public and private research.
It doesn't have to be one or the other.
>>
>>31036422
We have to deal with fundamental social problems first.
>>
>>31045655
It pays dividends though. The military is one of the few way to pick yourself up by the boot straps regardless of background. Not only that, it is a fulfilling career with outstanding benefits and one-of-a-kind opportunities. There's a reason you will never hear anyone say they regret joining once all is said and done.
>>
>>31036313
Why'd France spend all that money when they're just gonna surrender?
>>
>>31036313
Yes.
>>
>>31036313
I don´t know. Do you value safe trade routes, a stable world currency and supreme military might concentrated in the hands of the least coercive and totalitarian government of the modern era?
>>
>>31038781
They pay MSRP for everything basically. When they went after the insurance companies a few years back they only went after the ugly face everyone hates having to deal with. The real entities behind the huge healthcare costs in America are the pharmaceutical companies, if we had tackled that instead most of the money being spent would have gone at least a couple times further.
>>31045710
Welfare is slavery engineered by the democrats, simply put. A lot of people cannot afford to work because if they did, they could not pull welfare and they receive more benefits from that than they would working two minimum wage jobs. Once you're trapped in that cycle, all you can really do is uproot or vote blue. Granted there are certainly genuine leeches and many of them.
>>
>>31046211

I try to keep politics out of /k/, but I have to say that last line reeks of a lot of BS. Do you consider farm subsidies welfare? The government pays farmers and ranchers to let grassland go ungrazed, cropland to lie fallow, and for cheap grain and corn to be fed to my cattle. That's not something most Democrats support, that's something almost all Republicans from the grain and corn belts support.

Second, most of that welfare money goes to Social Security payments. Call it a ponzi-scheme if you like, but unless you want 75 year old Grandma Agnes from Maine freezing in the winter-time because she didn't get her paycheck, it's best to keep paying out that welfare check to her.
>>
>>31036623
Emile did nothing wrong
>>
>>31045906
Never thought of it that way.
But what about the ME, should that be hands off?
>>
>>31046206
>safe trade routes, a stable world currency and supreme military might concentrated in the hands of the least coercive and totalitarian government of the modern era?

None of those would be under threat if we were to reduce our military spending. Our trade routes are heavily secured by our military bases overseas, our world reserve currency is already established and backed by oil trades being exchanged in dollars, and our military might is already more than enough.
>>
>>31046331
You mean the place that's been on the path to general war with or without US intelligence services dicking around?
No fuck that those guys can't even handle ideas from the renasance.
>>
>>31046306
Farmers are poor, have always been poor, and always will be poor. No one will ever give a fuck about farmers one way or the other, since you ask. If it takes government subsidies and price stabilization to keep those inbred fucks feeding the rest of us, so be it.
>>
>>31045655
The similarly sized militaries of the world are nothing to look up to. China, Russia, the Norks, Iran
>>
>>31036633
>guided artillery munitions
Eh, still better than dumb bullets. But I agree their spending is on incremental shit rather than baseline upgrades.
>>
>>31036354
who says I do?
>>
>>31045772
>should have sat out WWII after Japan and Germany declare war on us

>implying Japan wanted anything more than the oil
>implying Germany would be willing to risk crossing the Atlantic and invading the US
>>
>>31045848
>secretly
>>
>>31036313
Yes
>>
>>31045772
>picks sides years before the war even started
>sanction Japan
>arm and fund the people at war with Germany
>lolyudeclarewaronus?
>>
>>31036515
Cry more.
>>
>>31048466
The entire western world was sanctioning japan, they were raping and murdering hundreds of thousands of civilians.
>>
>>31048479
Merely Chinese propaganda you filthy gaijin.

EXPEDITIONARY ARMY DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>31037355

>Ford costs roughly twice as much as a QE

A Ford class costs $10b+, a single QE class costs only around £2b, which is around $2.6b to $3b.

You're not wrong about the rest, and I'm entirely in the belief that the Fords are worth the cost because those carriers are beyond valuble to the US, but the prices are just a numerical point.
>>
File: 001_military_spending_dollars.png (18KB, 673x435px) Image search: [Google]
001_military_spending_dollars.png
18KB, 673x435px
>>31036820
>Our defense budget is bloated and expands without reason every year

1988-2001.
2011-present

Does not compute.
>>
>>31048479
>they were raping and murdering hundreds of thousands of civilians.

More like millions.
>>
>>31036313

It's just money. Don't be jelly because your country doesn't have toys so nice.
>>
>>31048963
meanwhile the petroldollar bloats even more while the us prints more and more
>>
>>31036435
Canada here, we dont even like them.
>>
File: wew merica.jpg (468KB, 2250x1455px) Image search: [Google]
wew merica.jpg
468KB, 2250x1455px
>>31049004
Yes, all those other countries buy up our worthless dollars to invest in us, while we hoard domestic oil and use up theirs instead.

And somehow this is a bad thing?
>>
>>31046331
>But what about the ME, should that be hands off?

That's the geopolitical equivalent of tard wrangling. If somebody doesn't do it, they'll wind up running down the street naked, setting fires, and smearing their shit everywhere.

They got that tard strength, so we can't just sequester them until they fall asleep. They'll find a way to break out, then they'll wander around dripping snot and tears, and giving hugs to random people.

Ok, I think I've stretched this analogy about as far as it can go. But I would greatly appreciate it if some drawfag anon could draw Allah as a tard, maybe with obvious FAS or Downs.
>>
We need a drum switch for deagussing. we had to buy a 5k USD unit for the switch. Now idk if we'll actually need a new unit before she decomms but shit that was an expensive ass switch for the moment.
>>
>>31049004
But the USD is one of the most stable commodities on earth.
>>
>>31036664
Why do you say that, there's plenty of euro countries that care for their militaries, Germans and southern euros are the pussies
>>
>>31038820
The NHS the UK have is pretty good desu, if you actually need medical attention (apart from teeth lmao, fat people who can't stop eating and smokers take priority over people that have poor genetics apparently
>>
>>31045710
How does it work, do they literally just deposit cash for you or do you have to do anything else?
>>
>>31036377
Education is funded mostly on the state and local levels. That's why there are god schools in California full of asians and at the same time, shit schools in the same state like a handful of miles away using text books from the 80's.
>>
US taxed citizens less % wise than any other large power. US goes out and does stuff, it does not stay at home. It helps keeps US economy going. US has a large population (6x larger than Britain for example). It's a small part out of US GDP. And if the US did not do it Taiwan and Korea would have been invaded a few decades ago and China would be dictating terms to the Philippines. Russia would have invaded Ukraine to control "terrorism" As far as Superpowers go it is pretty laid back compared to some of the alternatives.
>>
>>31047084
Yeah farmers are poor, besides all the mega rich ones that have fuckloads of land and produce
>>
>>31049613
>get paid in lean years, get paid in good years to trash overage
It might be low-margin, but it takes a lot these days for a farm to actually fail.
>>
>>31049609
You do have higher corporate taxes however.
>>
>>31052403
Only compared to all of the other countries severely undercuttting US corporate tax rates to lure business overseas
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.