[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BOB's and Go Bags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: bag13_1.jpg (71KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
bag13_1.jpg
71KB, 640x426px
What do you guys keep in your BOB's and Go Bags respectively.

BOB's I'm thinking are the more lightweight ones that you would be able to carry and move with.

Go Bags are the larger ones you will throw in your truck with your BOB which will have more equipment in.

Is it worth having both? And if so how do your two bags differ it is it simply you have more stuff in your Go Bag that you can resupply your BOB with?
>>
File: 1471481318510 (1).jpg (1MB, 1308x2732px) Image search: [Google]
1471481318510 (1).jpg
1MB, 1308x2732px
>>
>>31031553
I don't do the BOB/go bag thing. I'm more set up with an EDC bag in my work truck and a GHB in my personal truck.

My EDC is intended to get me to my GHB, which gets me home.

I don't think a go bag is so much for restocking a BOB as it's for expanding on BOB capabilities. You load what you need into your BOB, maybe empty a few unnecessaries out of your BOB at the same time. Then, if need be, you cache the go bag and keep on going.
>>
>>31031553
I'm a pretty experienced backpacker, getting into prepping. I've got a 75L deuter that I love, but I'm looking for something smaller and more versatile as a BOB. Anyone have good experience with a particular model/brand?
>>
In a small molle pack I got
Firestarting kit
Fishing kit
9 day food pack
Admin pouch with preplanned maps and ham radio shit
Ifak with cpr and first aid certs
Can't decide between a cmr-30 ruger auto or a .22lr revolver and respective ammo
Plenty of socks and baselayer and cleaning equipment
$70 Snugpak that doubles as cape with a special buckle pin
>>
>>31032192
Out of curiosity how much does all that weigh roughly
>>
>>31032771
Heaviest it is considering im not actually carrying a ham radio and battery is probably 52.

Dependent on how far im hiking and if I shat pissed probably 35 lbs is the lightest
>>
>>31031553
Personally, my bugout bag is more like an extended "innawoods" bag plus extras.

I have:
Water filtration system
Mess kit
Food for a week (if you like cliff bars and uncle Ben's ready rice)
Small 2 man tent (3x3x10 when collapsed)
Woodland camo ground and cover tarps
-40 sleeping bag
Baofeng uv5r with all the local law programmed for 150 miles in each directiong
Mgrs maps and compass (yay land nav)
3x fire starting methods
2x compacted changes of clothes
Small first aid kit
Glock 17 w/3 mags and 100rds extra ammo
Smith+wesson hrt tanto knife
Blackhawk "tactical tomahawk"
Leatherman brand Leatherman
250' OD green passcode
2x 3.5" carabiners
Various colored zip ties
OD green duct tape
Small sewing kit
Book
Deck of cards
Rugged tablet stocked with a metric fuckton of reference guides, field manuals, etc. Also a couple of movies.
Small solar charger for phone/tablet
Streamlight stinger HL with spare batteries
Couple cans of homemade fire starter in various mixes, depending on how wet the environment is
E-tool
Gore tex jacket and pants (abu, what I was issued).
Gloves

All in all, weighs about 46 pounds, not including any non pistol weapon I'm carrying, and the ammo for that.

I've been meaning to invest in an AR7 or spectre collapsible bow, not sure which.

I have my extra ammo for my 12 gauge and baby killing assault machine on a battle belt, with quick releases for the pouches so I can grab a gun then dump the extra weight quickly if need be.

I'm not terribly concerned with the weight, I did a 5.5 mile ruck on a very hilly trail with lots of caves and rocks to climb, and had no problem. Probably could've stretched it to 8 or 9 miles at the pace I was at, more if I slowed down.

My "go bag" is more of a "go trunk."

It's got my PC, gas mask, helmet, spare 5.11 uniforms, extra pistol and rifle mags, cold weather gear, food, fuckhueg trauma kit, lots of water, and my trunk gun with 4 spare mags and 100 spare rounds of 9mm
>>
>>31033899
250' Paracord* fucking autocorrect
>>
>>31033899
Oops, I lied. 46 pounds was without the tent and tarps. Probably 60ish with them.
>>
Can we have good, useful, informative thread going on, pls?
>>
>>31033944
Define "good, useful, informative"

OP asked what was in bobs and go bags, which people answered.
>>
>>31033958
>Good
Your mom's pussy

>Useful
Your mom's pussy

>Informative
Your dad's newspaper
>>
>>31033980
Nah, more like

>hairy
My mom's pussy

>blown out
My mom's pussy

>informative
My dad's newspaper

If the rumors are to be believed, nearly all of 4chan has porked my mom
>>
Sawyer mini.

Seriously the best 15 bucks you will ever fucking spend. I have two in my bag.
>>
I just keep string cheese in my BOB. That's all you need.
>>
>>31033899
On today's episode of how meme can any one person get...
>>
>>31034244
Why the hate? It's cheap and effective. Granted, the baofeng is meme tier, but it's good for the price. I know the tactical tomahawk is super mall ninja, but it was free, so I can't complain too much.
>>
>>31033899
Which E-tool do you have?
I regret that I wasnt able to aquire an E-tool from the muhreens. Not that those are that great anyways, I've seen a few broken ones. Then again muhreens break everything.

>homemade fire starter
More info plzthx
>>
>>31032167
North Face Polaris. Fucking awesome bag, super comfy, and real freaking tough.
>>
>>31034270
Hey if you can bust ass with all that then go ahead.

I distinctly remember being 300+ lbs of squats bench and fat hiking in Colorado and Texas 13 miles up the sides of mountains with 70 lbs pack. I was nt dead last two times when in fact 2 scrawny football/compy nerds were.

Point being maybe you haven't pushed yourself lately . not knowing how far and fast you can or are willing to go OR where going and the situation is a good way to commit a very long and very elaborate suicide.

Then again im only responding to have a Dick measuring competition
>>
>>31034887
I also posted this because of my experience in hiking. Forgot to mention pedialyte and or Gatorade mix because high altitude cramps are a bitch
>>31032192
>>
File: 1470319223536.jpg (561KB, 792x3458px) Image search: [Google]
1470319223536.jpg
561KB, 792x3458px
Baofeng thingy for bumping
>>
>>31033899
I would replace the tomahawk with an Estwing roofing hatchet. You get more functionality that way.

Lose the gas mask, replace it with a civ respirator. One set of organic vapor cartridges and one set of P-100 cartridges. That gives you better protection from any respiratory hazards you're likely to encounter. It's also less weight and bulk.
>>
>>31033944
Don't ask to be spoon fed, you'll get dragon dildoes.

The point of a BOB is to keep you fed, watered, sheltered, secure, and patched up for about 3 days while you're travelling to your selected bug out destination.

You stock your bag to fulfill those requirements according to your needs, and situation. There's no universal load out that does everything for everybody.

If you have specific questions, ask them.
>>
Water, ammo, some snack bars, a light med kit, flashlight, extra batteries, emergency poncho, matches, trash bags, mylar blanket. Maybe some other small stuff. My objective is not to leave town, but just to get home. Perks of living in farm country.
>>
>>31035393
Any recommendations on compact sleeping bags?
>>
>>31036681
For what climate? I've got a Kelty fleece bivy sack and a generic goose down mini quilt from Costco that seems to work well enough down to mid 40s. If it gets colder than that, I'll add a couple of garbage bags to the ensemble.

I live in a temperate area, so I don't need to go all Bear Grylls on my shelter items.
>>
>>31036536
>The point of a BOB is to keep you fed, watered, sheltered, secure, and patched up for about 3 days while you're travelling to your selected bug out destination.

This idea is so absurd it's amazing how seriously it's taken.

I mean, look at Syrian refugees. That's what happens when you "bug out".
>>
File: IMG_20160819_154746_hdr.jpg (634KB, 1600x912px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160819_154746_hdr.jpg
634KB, 1600x912px
I found this relic of the 9/11 scare while doing a garage cleanup job for some old folks
>emergency drinking water in pouches
>radio and flashlight with batteries
>masks, goggles and gloves in case of chemical attack
>bandaids, ointment etc
>Emergency ration lemon flavored 'bar' that expired in 2008
It was a pretty neat find so I kept it
The radio and flashlight should work if I put new batteries in them, right?
Put a kettle and a swiss army knife in it and it should still hold up as a light BoB
>>
>>31034384
I carry a SOG e-tool, and the fire starters are cotton balls soaked in melted petroleum jelly. I have 25%, 50%, and 75% saturated.

The 25% lights the quickest (1-2 seconds from lighter), burns hottest, and lasts about 1 min.

The 50% lights in about 3 seconds, and lasts about 2.5 min.

The 75% lights in about 5 seconds, but burns for about 4-5 min.

I keep them in the plastic mentos gum containers. You can fit a ton in there.

>>31034887
I wasn't running or anything like that, and it wasn't really mountainous terrain. Mainly just uphill in Florida woodlands.

I'm about 230 and 6'2", and used to run a lot back in the day. The ruck was about a month ago, and I plan on doing it again later this month.

Also, my daily wear of gear works out to about 30 lbs, not including clothes, so I guess I'm just kinda conditioned to it.
>>
>>31036479
Yeah, I've heard great things about estwing. I just carry the Blackhawk one for now cause it was free.

The main reason I have the gas mask (mcu2) is cause muh tear gas. Copfag btw.

If it wasn't for that, I'd probably just go respirator and avoid the chimpouts.
>>
>>31031628
No mattress.Happy hypothermia :-)
>>
>>31031553
>cheap Walmart backpack
>3 bic lighters in sandwich bag
>Home Depot hatchet
> fixed blade full tang knife
>2 48 oz Nalgene bottles, one in each side pouch
> 2 one puns bags of jerkey
> 4 cans of spam
> wood burning stove that breaks down
> mess kit with frying pan, and a bowl for boiling water.
> 2 loaded ar mags
> mini first aid kit
>small clp, and cleaning kit
> lots of socks
> one skivy roll
> iso mat
> surplus black sleeping bag in compression sack
> thermoliner for my bag for cold weather
> surplus tarp
> grid fleece top and beanie

> have mapping gear, but need to get local mgrs maps
>>
>>31038813
>look at Syrian refugees. That's what happens when you "bug out".

Without a plan or any form of preparation, and no specific destination. They're essentially living the meme of grabbing SKS and going innawoods.

Bugging out is for when you have no other choices- fire, lava flow, flood, mudslide, hazmat release and similar. If you stay, you die. That's when you bug out.

The single most critical thing about bugging out is to have a specific destination. Not just walking around outside and hoping for the best, but a particular spot. That spot needs to be able to meet your needs for supplies, shelter, and security for the duration of shtf.

A BOB is tailored to meet your needs while travelling to your BOL. If you don't have a location, you don't need a bag.
>>
>>31039417
>I keep them in the plastic mentos gum containers. You can fit a ton in there.
I just found this recently, storing soaked cotton ball in straw segments. Jump to 53 seconds if it doesn't automaticaly
https://youtu.be/WiB9kUPRXZ4?t=53
>>
>>31042725

Damn dude cool Yo-Yo tricks!
>>
>>31042725
I think I might just do that. Personally, I prefer melting the petroleum jelly first, but I guess using your hands works too.
>>
Diamonds ◇◇◇◇
>>
>>31038894

>Emergency ration lemon flavored 'bar' that expired in 2008
Did you eat it? y'know, for science?
>>
>>31031553
I'm going off memory here OP and i've been drinking so bear with me

>poncho
>emergency blanket
>some big ass bar of calories that taste like bleh,instant rice, cliff bars, and pouch of tuna
>yugo mess kit
>czech sniper sleeping bag
>2 extra pairs of BDU's
>4 pairs of socks
>3 extra shirts
>deck of cards
>note pad
>little shitty foldable stove thingy with hexamine tablets inside of it
>storm proof matches
>multiple bic lighters
>250 feet of paracord
>Boo boo kit with gauze
>Life straw
>steel bottle for water/drinking my piss
>multiple pens and pencils
>hair ties
>multitool
>glow sticks
>head lights and regular flash lights
>assorted batteries
>trash bags
>leather work gloves
>beanie
>Ammo for the glock, ar-15, and various shotgun shells
>shitty beat up tarp

There might be more in there, but fuck if I know at the moment i'm just gonna die any ways if I need to use it
>>
>>31044220
>Lets get this out on a tray
>Nice
>>
>>31034105
underrated post
>>
>>31044271
Is there a practical use for the hair ties or are you just a long haired K/ommando like me?
>>
File: 1459248824806.jpg (37KB, 562x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459248824806.jpg
37KB, 562x600px
>>31031628

>The go bag
>dewalt doesnt scream guns and gear
>literally the top of the line in power tools

Even a crack head would want to steal that.
>>
>>31031553
If it turns into something protracted most of you will die a horrible death. Bring some medicine next time.
>>
File: Cpa3UxP.jpg (733KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Cpa3UxP.jpg
733KB, 2592x1944px
>>31046436
>Dewalt
>Top of the line

I mean they are good, but top of the line....
>>
the smart ones will have dug in, not bugged out. just sayin'
>>
>>31046453
It really depends on what shit is hitting the fan. If we're talking red dawn or conventional warfare, major chimpouts, or even nuclear attacks, bugging in is definitely the way to go. If it's da gubbamint going door to door under some shillary mandate to sieze all funs, then bugging out is the smart move.
>>
File: 1436930247486.png (350KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1436930247486.png
350KB, 1000x1200px
>>31046447

Fair.

Bosch, Milwaukee, and dewalt tho. What else is there.
>>
>>31046524
Fein, Festool, Hilti and Makita

Fuckíng Burgers and their cheap china shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBvRBvYcbs0
>>
>>31033228
52 is half your damn assault ruck, m8, wtf sempai
>>
>>31038795
not that anon, but michigander here I can use a winter baggie as a half-quilt, but any hot weather bag is still way too fucking warm during the august burn, I've literally slept on the bottom of my tent, no mat, no blanket, no pillow, nothing but a polysheet and a tarp between me and the motherland and I've still had to open the tent after unzipping the 'windows' because the heat won't vent

fuck my A-neg mosquito bait blood
>>
>>31039466
>muh tear gas
literally stuff a watered rag in front of the filter
>>
>>31031553
Incomplete kit
-BB Rifle in case
>tin of lead pellets
>slug of copper BBs
-"Keyboard Warrior" bullpup shotgun case
>cleaning and breakdown tools
>20 slugs
>1-point bungee sling for rucking
>boresnake and boresighting laser
>wooden furniture to convert back into standard Rem870
I really have no idea how practical the bullpup furniture is going to be, an 870 is a warhorse weapon AFAIK so I don't expect to be doing more than running the boresnake through it, but an pound of gear won't hurt me, especially if I need to get rid of the fancy furniture
-OD Molle compatible scabbard for "longarm" version of shotgun (hang it on the daypack for rucks if I ditch the fancy furniture)
-Molle daypack
>4 days of hi-cal ration bars, trail mix, nature valley cereal bars for extra stuffing
>spare socks, many pairs; spare boot socks, one pair
>spare shirt, long sleeve fleece, nerdy FLCL graphic print tee, fuddy woodland graphic camo longsleeve button down, spare track shorts; two knit caps
>cheap chinese survival knife, hollow hilt w/cheapass compass in screwtop pommel; crossman airsoft revolver w/spare co2, magazine rings, and pellets
>rope, paracord, polycord, more paracord
>firestarting tools split into three groups in three pouches
>orienteering compass
>high lumen LED flashlight
>batteries, one pack (AAA) for flashlight, one pack (AAA/AA) for barter
>Iodine tabs; lifestraw
>2L camelback
>"Knots and how to tie them"
>camp soap
>deet
-belt items
>machete
>hatchet
>leather belt(s), size 42 blk/32 blk/34 woodland graphic camo
>2x 18 shell cartridge belts, 12ga
>26 shell bandoleer, 12ga
>56 shell bandoleer, 12ga
>bear grylles piss canteen (needs o-ring installed in cap to not leak piss everywhere)
>[Level II retention holster] 9mm RAP
-ALICE gear
>pistol belt
>y-suspenders
>personal medkit pouch
[empty]
>2x m16 mag pouches w/grenade loops
[empty]
>dummy grenade
-tac vest
>1.5L camelback pouch
[empty]
>misc pouches; 3x 9mm 17rd mags; US Constitution; St. Mike medallion
>>
>>31047161
>tfw too much shit for text limits
that's just everything I can grab from the door, I've also got an old surplus OD duffel with extra clothes, needle and fishing line to tie up any tears, more rations, probably gonna toss camping shit in there too

a portable library with functional and luxury items to stave off boredom

and a leather map case with the most functional paper items in the library and a deck of cards to pass time or toss up the known signals

in an emergency, I toss on my kit, literally ten minutes if I'm strapping on everything in practice/half of it is already in the BOV, grab the BOB and map case and high-tail it, if I have a few minutes then I haul the duffel and library out to the BOV and grab a family member who's ready to go
>>
>>31031553
My bug out plan is more worrying about cartels and a planned invasion from mexico and im hispanic.
>>
>>31046447
more of the girl
>>
>>31048607
I think this is her.
http://i.imgur.com/P7bZS4Z.jpg
>>
>>31047035
Or, I can not be ghetto and tie up one hand trying to stuff a rag over a respirator mouthpiece, so I can actually use my hands to do my job.
>>
>>31031553
Pic related, toilet paper, and the Baofeng UV-5R
>>
File: AlicePackInnawoods.jpg (774KB, 2000x1339px) Image search: [Google]
AlicePackInnawoods.jpg
774KB, 2000x1339px
>>31053259
Dammit, forgot pic related
>>
>>31031553
I've always classified go bags as BOB's and vice versa since they should be loaded with more gear to last you to get to your bug out destination.

I usually have a GHB (get home bag) in my trunk at all times while the BOB stays at home, however my winter GHB is a little larger due to taking along extra clothing.

Generally I have in my GHB and BOB are the essentials:
Fire kit: matches, Bic lighters, ferro rod, as well as tinder.
Water purification: tablets, filter, canteen cup for boiling.
Change of clothes: skivvy roll and extra socks along with regular clothes. for winter I add a set of poly pros as well as wool cap, scarf and long sleeve shirt.
Lighting sources: flashlight & extra batteries, headlamp, glowsticks and a Lazerbrite glowstick.
Tarp
Paracord
Full tang knife: I run with a Mora
Canteen with canteen cup
Swiss M7 sterno stove and an Esbit stove (I usually have just the Swiss stove for the summer but will keep both for the winter.
IFAK
Note pad along with pen, pencil, and sharpie
Gorilla tape/duct tape, electrical tape and zip ties
Water key: commercial buildings need a key to open the faucet
Eton AM/FM/Weather band radio: its solar powered got a crank to power the radio and you can charge your phone with it, along with a set of earbuds to keep as quiet as possible.
Charging cable for phone or any other device.
Wool blanket
Insulated pad for the ground
USGI sleep system
Water
Food: MRE's, ration bricks, and for the winter I throw in dehydrated meals.
Pair of boots

I may have missed a few things but that's the general idea.
>>
>>31053444
Damnit I knew I forgot to mention that I also have toilet paper as well as items related to personal hygiene.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.