[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would happen if we combine a revolver with a drill?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: bullet.png (4KB, 226x400px) Image search: [Google]
bullet.png
4KB, 226x400px
imagine that this gun shoots bullets that are like little screws (but a little modified like in the pic) & they spin in a really high speed.
if a normal gun can pierce 6 persons, how many persons could this gun can pierce?
>>
>>31028291
What
>>
>>31028291
>If a normal gun can pierce 6 persons, how many persons could this gun can pierce?

I'm sorry, but what the hell are you babbling about?
>>
wat
>>
>>31028291
>>
>>31028291
Go home, OP. You're drunk.
>>
>>31028291
So the bullets are rifled rather than the barrel?
>>
>not using hole saw bullets
>>
>>31028291
>something something pierce the heavens
>>
You'd probably just get really shitty dum dums
>>
idk i think it would be like a really crazy gun
>>
>>31028319
I think both are supposed to be
So the barrel imparts spin on the bullet, which has drillbit cuts in it so that when it hits the target it drills through it or something
>>
Drill bits are hard.

bullets are soft.

See the issue here?
>>
try it op
>>
>>31028371
Yes, exactly
>>
>>31028385
i was thinking that this bullet/screws were made of titanium
>>
>>31028405
Then you're going to fuck up your gun's rifling, which your bullet won't actually engage properly, so even before we get into aerodynamic effects you're already fucking your accuracy.
>>
>>31028419
well what do you suggest?
>>
>>31028454
Using a regular bullet.
>>
>>31028419
well, what do you suggest? maybe an alloy idk
>>
>>31028473
Use diamond bullets, but for the love of trump don't shoot anyone's diamond walls with them.
>>
File: eraser-drillbit-arnold1.jpg (37KB, 1184x496px) Image search: [Google]
eraser-drillbit-arnold1.jpg
37KB, 1184x496px
>>31028291
We "Eraser" now?
>>
>>31028493
it would be cool, but too expensive for commercial purposes
>>
File: 1438376423003.png (305KB, 413x293px) Image search: [Google]
1438376423003.png
305KB, 413x293px
bullets already spin at a really high speed.

How is a screw-shaped bullet going to be more useful than a blob shape? Sometimes a nail is just as useful as a screw.
>>
>>31028291
>& they spin in a really high speed.
You mean like they already do?
>>
>>31028546
i tried to say in a higher speed
>>
File: 99239-Handbook-9th-edition-lg.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
99239-Handbook-9th-edition-lg.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
Okay, OP, I'll humor you. The reason drill bits have those grooves on them is because the sawdust needs to go somewhere and it gives the bit more surface area for the sharp point to do work.

Adding those grooves will only increase the surface are, which means more friction, which means the bullet will actually stop quicker. The best penetration you can get is with a needle. That's why we use those for injecting stuff, not bullets. We can pierce skin and tissue with needles just by pushing down a touch.
>>
>>31028325
This is what I came in here for
>>
>>31028583
oh thanks, didnt know that
>>
File: 20160627_220249_crop.jpg (310KB, 888x1408px) Image search: [Google]
20160627_220249_crop.jpg
310KB, 888x1408px
>>31028291
>If a normal gun can pierce six persons
>pierce six persons
>six persons
>>
>>31028454
Not being an utter moron?

You wouldn't be asking this question if you had even a rudimentary understanding of physics.
>>
>>31028319
brilliant. and the barrel should be made of lead while the bullets are made of steel! heading to the patent office right now.
>>
>>31028319
You see ivan, if rifle bullet, then it is become rifle.
>>
>>31028891
dude relax is just a kid being creative about guns
>>
Fucking titanium or tungsten alloy drill bit in a sabot slug

better yet, let's add a gyrojet system that causes the bullet to rotate faster

FUND IT
>>
Ah yes the legendary Drillvolver. First invented by Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen. He was #1
>>
>>31028325
Lel
>>
>>31028291
They actually are making bullets now that are more like that. They don't have the penetration capabilities you suggest they would though. Their grooves tend to push soft fleshy material away at high speed and cause more damage and thus they are marketed as self defense rounds. See ruger arx ammo as an example.

The best penetrators tend to be made of steel although hard cast lead bullets are common as well. In real life you don't get many double/sixtuple kills with a single round though. For some reason people don't queue in an orderly manner when someone starts shooting.

They're mostly good for bear defense, armor piercing, or cover penetration, since they're so big/tough the round has to move through a lot of resistant material to reach vital organs/people.

They do less damage overall to fleshy material though since they have a tendency to just make a long hole unless they're moving along at very high speeds.
>>
>>31029162
thanks
that actually helps a lot
>>
>>31028583
Instead of screw grooves what about a golf ball style bullet? Don't the indentations on golf balls actually make them fly farther?
>>
>>31028291
>This friends is a wild Autist.
>Report all wild Autist's to animal control.
1/10
>>
>>31028291
nigga you high?
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (11KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
11KB, 320x180px
>>31028291
I can't wait for summer to end.
>>
>>31028291
I would suggest first figuring out how to weaponize ants
>>
Think about how a screw works for a second.

It works by pushing material at an angle that makes it easier to move behind the screw than in front of it or out to the sides.

So the bullet would have to be spinning at such a rate that the force of the spin is greater than the forward momentum of the bullet itself.

So if the bullet is travelling forward at 1000 feet per second, for a screw bullet to be effective, it would have to be spinning at a rate that pushes the flesh of whoever it hits backwards at more than 1000 feet per second.

I'm not a mathmetician, so I don't know how to precisely calculate it, but this would mean that the bullet would have to be spinning around its axis with greater force than the powder that pushed it forward imparted on it.

Meaning that you literally couldn't have a bullet do this out of a barrel. You would need to impart more spin on the bullet after it had already reached is maximum forward moving speed.

If you had some sort of sci-fi rail gun magnet system that did this, you might as well use that same energy to make the bullet fly forward faster, negating the whole reason for the system in the first place.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 567x561px
>>31028291
>>
>>31029786
not at supersonic speeds.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.