[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finnish movie "Framom främsta linjen - Etulinjan edessä"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 0377935.jpg (62KB, 300x344px) Image search: [Google]
0377935.jpg
62KB, 300x344px
anyone else seen this movie? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Also Finnish warmovies general
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
120KB, 1920x1080px
I enjoyed Talvisota..only winter war film I've seen so far. Actually quite a good flick, the battle scenes were pretty cool in that time was diluted often (slowed down as the soldier desperatly chambered his rifle as a russian onslaught slowly approached). Kind of like how Sam Peckinpah depicted violence.

I think it adds realism because adrenaline often distorts how time passes.
>>
>>31026093
yeah great film, if there are other movies about winter war specifically, I haven't heard of them (few have scenes taking place during the war, but mostly they focus on Continuation war)
>>
>>31026299
You know if they're making any new ones? I heard ones being made for Simo, is it still happening?
>>
I couldn't find any torrents for this movie
>>
>>31026419
found one, not sure if should post link
>>
>>31025973
>anyone else seen this movie? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Saw it in the theaters. It is garbage.
Looks and sounds fine. Absolutely no soul.
>>
>>31026524
Just tell me what you searched for and where.
>>
My father played in it, so he showed me the movie when I was 6 at best. It was an interesting childhood experience.
>>
>>31026545
ahoy.one seems to be working, "framom främsta linjen"
>>
>>31026554
Thanks
>>
File: 1667800.jpg (22KB, 341x480px) Image search: [Google]
1667800.jpg
22KB, 341x480px
this one used to be available on youtube, american friend didn't like it very much
>>
>>31026407
don't know about Simo films, but they're remaking The Unknown Soldier, again, as we speak.

The 1950's B&W original is still the best version, IMO.
>>
>>31026605
it's shit
>>
>>31025973

It's otherwise reasonably ok, but it is weird in that way that it basically has two completely different stories wrapped as single movie one after another. Which completely scraps any possibility of character development and basically creates two separate story arches. The regiment is same in both parts of the movie, but characters that are in first part of movie are basically absent from 2nd part and the person who is in center of 2nd part is barely seen in 1st part.

Also - the highly cultured nature of the soldiers shown in the 1st part is extremely unrealistic. Instead of academic studies and philosophical theories the favorite discussion subjects of Finnish grunts were pussy and booze. Few years of brutal war and living in trenches with constant fear of violent death does not exactly develop well-rounded persons focused on academia and cultural matters. There was sociological study made during the war which reveals quite a bit about psyche and behavior patterns of typical soldiers, it can be found online also in English - "Infantry company as a society" by Knut Pipping.
>>
>>31027410

>The 1950's B&W original is still the best version, IMO.

To which I agree. btw: In case anybody is interested the classic year 1955 version of Unknown Soldier was remastered as 60 year anniversary version last year and made available on DVD and blueray. Actors were bit old for their roles, but on the other hands practically all of them had actually served in the war, so they they had hands-on experience.

The new version of Unknown Soldier will be on theaters next year, it is the 3rd version filmed from the same story, although apparently unlike two earlier movie versions it loans some material from Väinö Linna's earlier book version better known simply as "War Novel" (Sotaromaani).
>>
>>31026605

Few good scenes, but otherwise it is a failed movie. They run out of money during filming and mainly due to health reasons director failed to complete it, plus acting is often just utter shite. It is a weird half-documentary that jumps from one place and time on Tali-Ihantala battlefield to another before ever providing the full picture and how events seen in each scene actually effected it to such level, that following events and grasping their meaning is difficult even to those who know the historical battle very well.
>>
>>31025973
>>31026605

I think it should be mentioned that these two movies were directed by the same guy, and both are at best mediocre. Tali-Ihantala at least has some sweet authentic Stug action going for it. I respect Åke Lindman, but he was past his prime when he directed these, and should have given the job to someone younger.

Besides the new version of the Unknown Soldier, I believe there are also movie projects about Simo Häyhä and Viljo Suokas (long-range patrol leader and Knight of the Mannerheim Cross), though I haven't heard anything about those in a while.
>>
They have a fair amount of good movies, I enjoy both the 1955 and 1985 Tuntematon Sotilas and one of my friends is working on the new film. Though, watch Finnish war movies more like a 2-3 hour long reenactment.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.