[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Garands so expensive? Are they just that rare, or are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Why are Garands so expensive?

Are they just that rare, or are they actually $1000+ quality rifles?
>>
They're MUH 'MURICA: THE RIFLE, so people have bought them all up and now sell them on at a high price if they sell them at all.
>>
File: Supply-and-Demand-Graph.png (24KB, 517x517px) Image search: [Google]
Supply-and-Demand-Graph.png
24KB, 517x517px
>>
>>31025085
/thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6J5m4_Is_s
>>
>>31025066

They are rarish. Out of the 6 million US made rifles, there's only around 1 million left both state side and abroad. The CMP has said that it has sold something along the lines of 450,000 rifles of all types. Including 1903's, 1917's, various .22lr bolt guns, m1 carbines and Krag's. Let's say 20% of the rifles theyve sold are the other previous listed types. That means there's around 360,000 Garands in circulation in the US. Yet, when you ask most gun owners what their "bucket list" is for collecting, they mention the Garand is on it. Leaving 1/3 of the population 100,000,000-ish gun owners to compete for 360,000 rifles.
>>
File: Garand Receiver Blueprint.jpg (2MB, 4679x3400px) Image search: [Google]
Garand Receiver Blueprint.jpg
2MB, 4679x3400px
>>31025066
>>
>>31025066
Everything in America is worth like 20x more than what it should actually cost.
>>
>>31025094
Oh god why

There's a beautiful Garand for sale at my local range. But I can't help but think how much 308 and 22 I can buy for $2700.
>>
Because rubes will pay it instead of getting $730 Service Grade rifle through CMP.
>>
>>31025066
How the fuck are people able to buy and shoot guns but not understand the concept of a finite resource and supply/demand

They're expensive because the the majority of the very small sliver of garands still in the country available to civilians have been bought and have been bought for fucking 60 years or some shit and with gun interest and sales bigger in the last five years than they've been in the last 30 combined shits drying up

Milsurp is no longer plentiful. Secret's long been out. Wake up sheeple.
>>
>>31025066
New production rifles are actually quite expensive. It's just not a cheap gun to make. CMP, meanwhile, will sell according to supply and demand.
>>
>>31026691
that's gonna be over real soon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.