[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese Self-Defense Forces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (97KB, 640x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 640x355px
Japan has territorial disputes with Russia, South Korea, China and Taiwan. There's also North Korea with its unpredictable leadership.

Is the SDF up to task? Does Japan need to revise Article 9 of its constitution?
>>
>>31024646
no

and yes

there's a reason why the US has been pushing for them to change it since the 60s
>>
>>31024660
Since when has the US said a single thing about Article 9.
>>
Probably wouldn't be a bad thing if they actually put together a full formal military rather than their current SDF. If China flips shit guess who's getting bent over right after Taiwan?

It'd be nice if they could hold out a bit longer before the US and friends roll in.

I wouldn't worry about the norks. Talk of North Koreans attacking anyone qualifies as "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing".
>>
File: Seagull torpedo.jpg (48KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
Seagull torpedo.jpg
48KB, 700x467px
Its a race in the Pacific to see whose navy rusts at the moorings the slowest.
>>
>>31024646
>Is the SDF up to task?
No, the Japanese Self Defense Force will experience great difficulty defending Japan from Russia, South Korea, China, Taiwan, or North Korea. However, Japan will probably receive support from the United States.
>Does Japan need to revise Article 9 of its constitution?
Yes, Japan is facing new and evolving threats from neighboring countries. Especially from China.
>>
On paper they're actually pretty good. Good size and plentiful amounts of modern equipment.
>>
>>31024646

>Is the SDF up to task?
as a standalone force? no
with the US? yes, maybe

>Does Japan need to revise Article 9 of its constitution?

unfortunately, yes
mostly because the US security umbrella is becoming less reliable (mostly on the political side where everyone is more concerned about not looking like warmongers)(the readiness rates of US forces dropping is also a factor but is relatively straightforward to deal with compared to the muddiness of politics)
>>
>>31026064
This.

East Asia is not some Middle Eastern shithole that will go to war on the slightest excuses.
>>
>>31026621
There are tensions though. I wonder what would America do if China tried to take back the Senkakus. Does the Security Treaty cover that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCq-HgIsm2s
>>
>>31024646
Their navy is competent; their army, not so much.
>>
>>31028593
I guess nobody expects them to do ground battles. Japan is an island nation after all.
>>
>>31028548
Absolutely. The US recognizes Japanese ownership of the Senkakus, so if China was to attempt to enforce their territorial claim they'd get a very strongly worded letter and there's be years of lawsuits and potential mild sanctions.*

*What, were you hoping for a war? Nobody gives a shit about uninhabited rocks.
>>
>>31024751
>If China flips shit guess who's getting bent over right after Taiwan?

China. Their economy would implode when cut off from international banking for being Very Naughty.
>>
>>31028616
At some point fighting has to occur on the ground, it is not Waterworld.
>>
File: _62371012_015746497.jpg (62KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
_62371012_015746497.jpg
62KB, 640x360px
>>31028663
>Nobody gives a shit about uninhabited rocks
Well, some people care about them a little too much.
>>
>>31028682
CHina isnt even dependent on international banking.

China is a major lender.
>>
>>31026426
>o, the Japanese Self Defense Force will experience great difficulty defending Japan from Russia, South Korea, China, Taiwan, or North Korea.
Japan's military budget is about 90% of Russia's. It is about 4 times that of Taiwan.
>>
File: earth_defense_force_2025_01.jpg (244KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
earth_defense_force_2025_01.jpg
244KB, 1280x720px
>>31024646
>SDF

Yeah, I think I know what needs to change.
>>
>>31024646
no
go home red button monkey
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.