[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two arrested during open carry protest in California

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

File: inglewood.jpg (31KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
inglewood.jpg
31KB, 630x354px
Saw this on the local news the other day:

http://abc7.com/news/police-monitor-2-men-openly-carrying-rifles-in-inglewood-protest/1471529/

TLDR: Two guys protesting by open carrying rifles were tailed by police and eventually arrested. One guy was shot in the face by a rubber bullet during the arrest.

This got me thinking, what if a massive open carry protest were organized here? Like 1000+ people? Would the police be able to shut it down? Would it end in blood?
This state's got one of the largest populations of gun owners and gun enthusiasts of any state in the country, so why aren't more people doing what these two guys have done?

Let's leave the "hurr fuck California go move" bullshit out of this. We are the united fucking states of america and when one state falls down a slippery slope it's just going to drag the rest of the nation down with it. Look at all the politicians using california or new york laws as examples to push for similar measures on a national level.
>>
>>31022710
it'd be much like the brady standoff and others like it where they won't dare move on a large group
cops rely on having the advantage and going against a group as large as yours is not to theirs
>>
>>31022710
Why did you post a pic of a black guy?
Were the to men arrested black?
>>
>...Confirm whether these were legal assault weapons

I swear to god im putting rails on a spoon just to trigger California law makers
>>
Sounds like they didn't know open carry got banned here. Unfortunate. They drop so much shit here its impossible to keep up with their bullshit laws. Probably the plan.
>>
>>31022740

They were, the pic is of the one who got shot with the rubber bullet
>>
>>31022839

Open carry was only "officially" banned in CA in like, 2011 I think.
>>
>One person was carrying a sign that said 'black lives matter' and they were indicating that they wanted to kill police officers and that they were ready to die," Jake said.
>>
File: momoneyfodaprograms.jpg (370KB, 632x1000px) Image search: [Google]
momoneyfodaprograms.jpg
370KB, 632x1000px
>>31022710
He din du nuffin!
>>
>>31023018
Wrong, Reagan banned open carry when the Black Panthers marched on the state house in the '60s. Open/unloaded carry is what you're thinking of.
>>
>>31022710
The police wouldn't need to shut it down. All they would have to do is take pictures of even half of a 1000 people and then go arrest them afterwards.

They did it with the Bundy Ranch, they are going to do it with other massive actions of civil disobedience.
>>
>>31023051

Literally how the fuck would you "indicate" that short of outright screaming your agenda
>>
>>31023163
>They did it with the Bundy Ranch,

Reading about it, damn this is fucked up

Is McNig going to get V& too?
>>
>>31023068
The thing is, he actually DID do something. That man actually tried to do something for gun rights. He is a fucking Diddu.
>>
>>31023258
a didu sumfin?
>>
>>31023068
Wonder how much tax payers money these degenerate 13 nigs use
>>
>>31022710
Maybe californians can open carry empty rifle stocks as a form of protest?
>>
>>31023018
>>31023129
Even so, it's not like they put out ad's saying "HEY! guess what you can't do anymore, that was totally fine yesterday."
>>
>>31023163
>They did it with the Bundy Ranch, they are going to do it with other massive actions of civil disobedience.

Bundy was a bit different, there were people actively aiming loaded weapons at federal agents.

Not saying what they did was wrong or anything but I think a bunch of neckbeards open carrying their unloaded gucci cali-compliant ARs in peaceful protest would go on a bit differently
>>
>>31023601
maybe calis can burn down some state office buildings as a form of protest, bwcause they are beyond the point where peaceful protest will do anything
>>
>>31022710
Step one to protesting an unjust law: Don't blatantly break the law while protesting it.
>>
>>31022740
its one of them look at it's face.
>>
File: 1423027495349.jpg (38KB, 265x302px) Image search: [Google]
1423027495349.jpg
38KB, 265x302px
>>31023068

>suns
>justise
>4
>>
File: 1470772493354.jpg (31KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
1470772493354.jpg
31KB, 640x470px
>>31023860
>Step one to protesting an unjust law: Don't blatantly break the law while protesting it.

What?
>>
>>31024056
It makes sense nigger, how far do you think Ghandi would have gotten in his objective of opposing British rule of he had actually opposed British rule?
>>
File: 1463700735448.jpg (148KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1463700735448.jpg
148KB, 1024x768px
>>31024241

When you comply with an unjust law you are taking a step back in the hopes that it will allow you to take two steps forward in the future.

But it can go the wrong way too, and I think here in CA people are finding themselves doing nothing but taking steps back.

With these new laws shit is at all-time high levels of FUBAR and I'm not sure compliance is the best way to fight it.
>>
>>31024364
Hell no, if I want to resist an unjust law, the best possible course of action is to simply accept it and quietly live my life in disgust at the system. I can then act like a total retard, and use that mild dissatisfaction as a get out of jail free card, look at BLM.
>>
>>31022710
arrested for what?

anyway to stop unlawful police activity you have to target individual officers

they will leave you alone while you are in force, then turn up unexpectadly at a later time, picking people off one by one
they don't give a shit if you attack the police etablishment

you only win when individual police refuse to enforce an unfair law

best way of doing that is play the same tactics as the cops
"if you turn up 10 deep in the middle of the night to drag one guy out of bed, we will do the same to you when you are off duty"

shit would change overnight
>>
>>31024404
Yeah, they'll call in the feds and clear out the protesters the easy way
>>
>>31023068
Who is she? God damn Galactus?
>>
>>31022710
Isn't Cali the same place that has 50 squad car chasing 1 suspect on the freeway most of the time for hours or till the suspect runs out of gas? I don't think you can outnumber them
>>
>>31024421
but at the point the protests have vanished, and are replaced with small private meetings

when they bring in the feds they loose local support really quickly, and as soon as it's clear the feds are doing what the police are unwilling to they loose a lot of their authority

in the long term when a few cops get beatten up for rushing peacefull protests the police learn to respect the population

most cops are alright, and they come to protests to protect shops from damage and to protect the protesters themselves
>>
>>31022710
you guys realize this all started with ronald regan being a fascist and banning guns in california because he was scared of the black panthers
>>
>>31024459
the police can muster a large force quickly, however their actual force isn't much greater than what they deploy routinely

as soon as you have multiple incidents in different areas they struggle to chordinate, and risk their men by stretching too thin
they are risk averse, the will go up against numbers, but they won't go far at all without there being backup
>>
>>31023018

Sadly it's still against the law and they got the book thrown at them.
>>
>>31022710
They weren't just open carrying. They were in a Black Lives Matter protest and chanting about shooting cops in the head.

God bless the LAPD.
>>
>>31025499
>threatening to shoot police in the head
Free speech faggot, you're the same kind of faggot who got butt hurt when colonials talked about killing redcoats

>carrying firearms illegally is illegal
Shall not be infringed

The constitution is to be defended at all times. Not just thrown out because lol niggers.
>>
>>31025589
>threatening to shoot police in the head
>Free speech faggot, you're the same kind of faggot who got butt hurt when colonials talked about killing redcoats

Oh look another faggot who doesn't know what free speech means. Call to actions do not fall under free speech. Same with shouting fire in a theater because it is a call to action.

>carrying firearms illegally is illegal
>Shall not be infringed

I agree with this though

bear1
ber/
verb
verb: bear; 3rd person present: bears; past tense: bore; gerund or present participle: bearing; past participle: borne

(of a person) carry.

It seems that you certainly have the right to keep and carry arms.
>>
>>31023765
>there were people actively aiming loaded weapons at federal agents.

You say that as if it is bad. Those federal agents work for corrupt politicians, protect Islamic terrorists, and sell guns for drugs to cartels. When they decide to pull land grabs and use federal agents to do the dirty work are we supposed to give up all our property?
>>
>>31026134
Yeah maaaaan. Fight the power.
>>
File: fudd spoon anatomy.jpg (31KB, 700x390px) Image search: [Google]
fudd spoon anatomy.jpg
31KB, 700x390px
>>31022812
make sure to take the straight thread and shoulders off of your tactical assault spoon and replace it with adjustable length thread for eating comfort and a pistol-grip heel for better breakfast control, however, don't forget to have a gunsmith put a bullet button in place of the bowl release switch and comply with your state's ten cheerio limit on your bowl capacity
>>
File: 1452498954038.png (425KB, 584x329px) Image search: [Google]
1452498954038.png
425KB, 584x329px
>>31024404
>>
>>31024394
>use that mild dissatisfaction as a get out of jail free card, look at BLM.

But anon, a lot of those guys are going TO jail now
>>
>>31026420
What's wrong with that post that makes you reply like this? Are you in favor of the bullshit games and power grabs our federal government keeps playing?
>>
Wasn't it OC demonstrations that got OC banned in CA all those years ago? Now they're doing the same to CC.
>>
>>31022740
>implying black guys dont gun
>>
>>31023018
Wrong the Mulford Act was passed in 1967. The NRA supported it at the time and then CA governor Ronald Reagan signed it. All because people started patrolling their neighborhoods and scaring the government and generally doing exactly what the 2ndAm provides for. fuck that jelly bean eatin bitchnigga

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act
>>
File: justice-4-trayvon-unshopped.jpg (129KB, 570x822px) Image search: [Google]
justice-4-trayvon-unshopped.jpg
129KB, 570x822px
>>31023068
>>31023374
>>31023901

jesus you guys are retarded. It doesn't even look like they tried to cover it up. How can you not see that it's a photoshop? fuck off back to pol and bring your confirmation bias with you

http://www.snopes.com/justise-4-travyon/
but maybe you think snopes is owned by the lizard jews so you can probably just ignore it.
>>
hahahahahahahahaha niggers hahahaha
serves him right for being a nigger in public :)
>>
>>31029465

Yeah, I think it went like this:

>state bans OC of handguns
>people protest by OCing long guns
>public gets spooked
>state bans OC of long guns too
>>
File: open carry.jpg (656KB, 960x958px) Image search: [Google]
open carry.jpg
656KB, 960x958px
>>31029664
Good. The more american gun owners destroy themselves, the funnier it is.

>decides to be as belligerent as possible in public with their intentionally scary plastic meme rifles
>when pressed, spreads anti-gun disinfo and ignorance to Le Ebinly Troll :^) people for youtube
>"WHY DO ALL THESE PEOPLE WANT TO TAKE MY GUNS AWAY???"
>>
>>31029835
Why would I be fighting ISIS? I spent 6 years fighting wars in shitholes we shouldn't have been involved in, I'm not going back just to prove a point to some literal cucks on Facebook.
>>
>>31022710
these assholes are just asking to get burned to the ground.
of course the state legislators will be safely tucked away somewhere behind there own private army fully equipped with full auto weapons completely exempt from all laws while the state burns
>>
>>31029625
Echo chamber for a reason, shh lalalala
>>
Oh yeah it's gonna happen soon. No protests, only open fire on people who want to destroy freedom
>>
>>31029625
wow this really made me think
>>
>>31029625
Wtf?!! I hate /pol/ now.
>>
>>31022710
I don't understand. The 2ND amendment literally says, "The right to have and carry a gun around will not be restricted."
Why were they arrested?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.