[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fedarm FR-15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: FEDAR.jpg (135KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
FEDAR.jpg
135KB, 1000x540px
Alright, what gives? Why is this so god damned cheap. I have been googling reviews and haven't been able to find much, other than a bunch of jerk off college students attempting a stress test. I might pick one up if it isn't complete shite.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/fr-15-semi-automatic-rifle-2955-detail.html?Itemid=0
>>
>>31019174

Do it and let us know.
>>
>>31019203
I'm considering it. There is hardly anything online about this particular firearm.
>>
File: 2016-08-11_09.31.34.jpg (363KB, 1072x987px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-11_09.31.34.jpg
363KB, 1072x987px
>>31019174
Honest answer

That's what a bare shit bones ar15 costs right now. Buy 2 and sell one come election time.

I bought an ar last mass gay shooting and it still hasn't gone up
>>
>>31019236
Very true, but usually I can't find AR platform rifles with a full length quad rail and free float barrel this cheap. It's spooky.
>>
>>31019174
Does Atlantic still have a good rep for only selling decent firearms?
>>
>>31019258
My m4gery was $575 before shipping on gunbroker after pulse. New in box.
>>
>>31019289
Very good. I bought both of my VEPRs from them and they are great with support and delivery. Never had a problem with them. And they're ban-state friendly, offering installation of bullet buttons and whatnot right on the shopping page.

As for this rifle op, i have to admit, I'm really curious how they managed to price it this low. They don't name the source of the parts aside from that some of the receivers may be marked from Anderson Manufacturing or Fedarm. I've never heard of those before has anyone else?

And it appears it's a standard profile barrel weight 7lbs unloaded which is a lot lighter than I was expecting for a rifle with a quad rail. I dunno, for 500 clams that's cheaper than an M&P or a PSA, so in theory you wouldn't be out a whole hell of a lot, but not knowing the source of parts...I dunno.
>>
>>31019289
I hear they still sell quality rifles, and their customer service is the best.
>>
>>31019289
I got my VEPR-12 from them and they were fantastic.
>>
>>31019331

What customer service? They never answer their phone.
>>
>>31019324
EXACTLY why this gun spooks me. I want to just say "fuck it" and purchase it, but at the same time I'm not really fond of flushing money down the toilet if it turns out to be completely shite. Either way, it looks good though.
>>
>>31019341
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/135506_My_experience_with_Atlantic_Firearms.html

This guy had a good encounter with them
>>
>>31019346
Yeah this sounds like one of those "project" rifles you fuck around with and see what happens, but you're right, 500 bucks is pretty steep for something for general fuckery. I'd say this would be like a good christmas gift for someone's first AR or something given the price point. All the hardware looks standard enough and I've never heard of Atlantic selling shite guns so it should be decent at least.
>>
>>31019258
Probably a UTG or Omega Manufacturing quad rail. Parts are coming way down in price, esp. if you're not concerned about the point of origin.
>Made in China? Ha! You wish!
>>
>>31019364
fuck man, i think I'm just going to do it and report back to /k/ if someone doesn't change my mind between now and tomorrow. My butthole is at full clench.
>>
>>31019393
Worst case scenario you sell it to some dope before the election for what you got it for.
>>
>>31019429
Do it in a private sale and replace the lower receiver with a block of cheese if he's really dumb.
>>
>>31019393
Worth a shot. I figure stick with the basic xm193/855 ammo or some cheap steel case just to start to make sure it doesn't surprise you and you should be good. Biggest concern for me would be that stock, that's the only flimsy looking part of the rifle.

Either way, good luck and hope it works out for you!
>>
You should look into getting one. They seem good for the price. Also hey bby
>>
WTF is wrong with you tards? This is a shit rifle at a shit rifle price. This is not cheap. This is current market normal. That shit rail retails for about $30. They do not have a consistent source of receivers or mags, which is why it says you might get aluminum or plastic mags. Want to bet it is poly other than Magpul like $4 Thermelts?
Also, if you don't know who Anderson is you need to KYS. You know nothing of value.
>>
File: image_17.jpg (22KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
image_17.jpg
22KB, 229x220px
>>31019478
Chill nigga, we can all be friends.
>>
>>31019469
aye shitbird
>>
Please buy one and test it. Worst case you sell it the day after the election for $750.
>>
>>31019508
Filtered.
>>
>>31019478
You talk the talk, but I don't see you posting any links regarding Anderson Manufacturings build quality. I looked it up, and I'm finding mixed reviews so it's still in the air.
>>
>>31019547
Filters are a great way to keep the air in your home bacteria-free!
>>
>>31019541
I more than likely will, unless I find something online proving that they are shitty in the meantime.
>>
>>31019609
Please post an update thread if you do senpai
>>
>>31019640
Will do. Guess I'm going to take one for the team boys.
>>
>>31019174
>no irons
>cheapo free float quad rail you can buy on eBay for $40
>cheapo BCG
>cheapo nitrided barrel
>$8 birdcage F/H
>cheapo LPK
>cheapo pistol grip and stock

Basically a cheapo AR. I built a similar one with a 15" Keymod rail from
eBay on a PSA blem lower with magpul furniture. Total cost with a primary arms red dot and riser was like $550. It can be done and it will probably be a totally average AR. Mine shoots fine, ejects brass far, and hasn't had a mishap yet. Not a sub moa gun, probably barely MOA, but it functions fine, groups fine, and the barrel is always replaceable.
>>
>>31019667
True. I think I'll just purchase it, see what I don't like, and do like about it, and upgrade the shit I don't like until I perfect it.
>>
>>31019655
It's a good investment right now.

Do give us a range report with pics.
>>
>>31019236
Most of the people who were ever going to impulse buy a price gouged AR bought one in 2013-2015, prices are crashing now for a reason, there's a glut of them on the market and the demand is saturated.
>>
>>31019865
2008 was an absolute shit show for AR purchases. People were giving $1000+ for shit tier ARs
>>
>>31019582
Who said Anderson was good? They are the bare minimum. People pile Anderson lowers 3 feet deep in anticipation of panics because they can be had for $35-$40.
If this is news to you, I can't save you, the AIDS has you.
>>
>>31019865
I agree completely. I just bought mine at what I considered bottom to make sure I had a cheap one before panic. Didn't happen but I wasn't buying it to sell
>>
>>31019655
So brave
>>
>>31019236
This.

ARs are cheap right now. Tons of people making them, parts everywhere, ect. I've been thinking about building a couple more just because they are so cheap right now.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.