[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lead question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: s13.jpg (141KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s13.jpg
141KB, 1000x1000px
Hey /k/ nogunz here, I've always been paranoid but how worried should I be about lead poisoning when I get my first gun?
>>
don't put bare lead bullets in your mouth and you should be fine
>>
>>31018959
I'm pretty sure most of us don't give a shit.
>>
>>31018959
Don't eat bullets. Maybe wash your hands after handling them.

I'd worry more about getting too drunk and eating a DU round tho...
>>
>>31018959
You'll build up an immunity to it eventually. But if you want to speed up the process, rub lead powder on your gums every so often and keep a .69 cal minie ball in your bumhole for a couple weeks.
>>
Remember to breathe in all the smoke and fumes from your gun immediately after firing it
This builds immunity to it
>>
>>31018959
they have lead-free ammo these days

lead from the primers is more of a risk than lead from the bullets, so be sure to use your guns in a well-ventilated place

wash your hands after shooting or cleaning your guns

you'll be fine.

>>31018968
>>31018977
>>31019003
lead poisoning from firearms is a risk for people who shoot a lot in a poorly-ventilated location.

Frankly I suspect this explains why there are so many shitty cops.
>>
Don't eat bullets, don't eat anything while shooting, shoot in a ventilated area, don't go rummaging in the back stop, wash up after you shoot and you'll be fine.

Oh and don't shoot yourself.
>>
>>31018959
Just clean your hands every time tou handle the shit with cold water and soap or at least have a rag.

People fret about lead exposure with guns and ammo but I garuntee most normal people have exposed themselves to lead by handling power cords, and other commo house hold items.
>>
>>31018959
As long as you shoot outdoors, you should be fine. I dislike indoor ranges and try to avoid them as much as possible.

Really just clean your hands so you don't touch your mouth our eyes or genitals and don't eat at the range...like on the firing line like that retarded tavor shill from military arms channel. Seriously, Mac went more full retarded than nutnfancy...his autism makes sure he always has gloves when shooting so the only brain damage nutnfancy has is what he was born with.
>>
>>31018959
you should be about as worried as somebody who worries about the amount of AA batteries they might accidentally eat if they buy battery powered devices.
>>
>>31018959
The range I go to has sticky mats on the floor as you exit to get residue off your shoes and a hand washing sink with lead specific soap right outside. It's nice I suppose, but mostly I shoot in the woods so I don't have all that. I keep meaning to throw a pack of wet wipes in my range bag, but really I just hate having dirty hands and don't worry much more about the lead than anything else. I fucking HATE pine tar though, fuck pine trees.
>>
>>31019003
>I'd worry more about getting too drunk and eating a DU round tho...
i am the streilok
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.