[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Capt. Kirk's two-handed punch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: fight6.jpg (43KB, 575x432px) Image search: [Google]
fight6.jpg
43KB, 575x432px
I've always had a question about how the "Two-Handed Punch" worked. Is it an effective fighting blow? Does it give you the punching power of both arms? Do you severely fuck up your hands? Which part of the hand is the striking surface? So many questions!!
Enlighten me.
>>
>>31018330
>Exposing side and rear
>Both hands together
No, it's fucking stupid and it doesn't work.
>>
>>31018330
Kirk-fu is a specialized fighting style that only the highly trained can utilize
>>
>>31018422
And I understand that it's based on two-handed punches and rolling.
>>
>>31018330
Offhand, I wouldn't want to take the time to join both hands, then do an obvious wind up which gives away where I'm going to hit.
>>
File: Chun-Li Blimp.jpg (372KB, 1650x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Chun-Li Blimp.jpg
372KB, 1650x1275px
Never watched Star Trek, is that Kirk's default attack or something?

What other weird combat stuff pops up in Star Trek? Now I'm curious.
>>
>>31018422
>>31018458
This two anons are right.

>>31018342
Klingon detected.
>>
>>31018590
>What other weird combat stuff pops up in Star Trek?
it's a scifi series that spawned in 60s. You can expect tons of pure bizarre content in general.
>>
>>31018330
This is what happens when theater majors think they know how to fight and no one in the studio stops them.
>>
>>31018422
>Kirk-fu is a specialized fighting style that only the highly trained Kirks can utilize

Missed opportunity
>>
>>31018330
I came across this guy the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v022KlvKR88

Watch his hips, especially at 9m38s
>>
>>31018590
Eh, that one shows up all the time in the shows. Most likely because it looks devastating on screen but is almost impossible to hurt someone else with in a barely-rehearsed action sequence.
>>
>>31018330
The Shatner dropkick is another famous move. It has double the impact of a regular kick, but leaves the user helpless for a second. This is balanced by the target stumbling from the sheer force of the blow, leaving them vulnerable to several followup or finishing moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPuOMDpiNtM
>>
Almost every time you can use that move, a single elbow would be better served.
>>
>>31019039
Yeah, but then they could've hurt the actor being hit.
>>
>>31018330
Shatner had martial arts training, so he new this wasn't a practical tactic. Yet, it served its silly purpose, and here we are talking about it 50 yrs later.
>>
>>31018590
Just watch the episode where Kirk fights the Gorn
>>
>>31018590
There's one episode where the enterprise travels back in time to the 1960's and Kirk sneaks into an Air Force base to destroy evidence that he and his crew were there. He gets caught and in order to give Sulu more time he gets into a fight with three MP's. It's super fucking crazy and intense, he was throwing himself across the room like a bowling ball and going beserk.
>>
I've never seen a martial art that teaches that and some teach some ridiculous things.

Your hands are easier to break than you think. If you're a fit dude train your hands on a heavy bag (with light gloves) and know that you can't just punch 100% in a fight if your bench is over like 200lbs or you will fuck your shit up.

OP go try the two hand punch on a heavy bag and mess around with it. I think you'll find its incredibly inefficient, since you have to drop guard with both hands, retract them, and swing, and youre only going to be able to get the same amount of power as with one hand or again you'll break your shit.

Tldr probably a good way to break your hand.
>>
Everyone knows that the double neck chop is the way to go, knocks dudes out instantly. I have been in many fights where this saved my life.
>>
>>31019030
Those aren't terrible moves, if he were to keep his guard up.

>>31021297
Yeah just like the upward palm to the nose that kills instantly. I cant believe they're allowed to put that in movies!

Btw upward palm to the jaw is fucking devastating. They call it the pez dispenser, but instead of candy coming out its teeth.
>>
>>31018330
Sillier even than Vulcan nerve pinch.
>>
>>31021711
Hey the Vulcan nerve pinch saved my life a few times, don't knock it
>>
>>31018330
I have found that the best way to deal with an Andorian imposter is to use a slow poison, takes about 10 minutes, unless you miscalculate.
>>
>>31021711
>>31022194
it would be less silly if they just say that it's actually spock using this telepathic ability to put enemies to sleep.
>>
>>31018330

Looks like a great way to break every finger in your hands.
>>
>>31018330
it's a muithai grip that's not where it should be and a meme based off the double hand overhead konk in cartoons
>>
Just wear brass knuckles. Your hands won't hurt one bit.
>>
>>31018590
There's one episode where they land on a developing planet (I think they were middle-ages tier tech or lower) and found that another space-bearing race was building guns for one of the tribes there
>>
>>31024292
Sarcasm aside, Brass Knuckles won't hurt you if you use them properly, which no one does.
>>
>>31018695
>it's a scifi series that spawned in 60s.
acid is a helluva drug
>>
>>31018330
it's not a two hand punch that's called a Double Axe Handle.
>>
This fight has all great Kirk-Fu moves. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SK0cUNMnMM
>>
>>31024941

What's the proper way to use them?
>>
>>31018330
two handing your weapon gives you a *1.5 STR bonus, everyone knows that.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.