[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We got rid of THIS?!?!?!?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

We got rid of THIS?!?!?!?
>>
We traded them for faggy hovercraft that would never survive 5 minutes under fire
>>
File: US Army LSV-1.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
US Army LSV-1.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
>>31018165
Don't worry, the Army picked up the slack. We don't need you fucksticks anyway.
>>
>>31018266
>Somehow a massive slow ship is more likely to survive sitting on a beach than a smaller faster hovercraft that can head inland
>>
File: 1470758758102.jpg (9KB, 199x250px) Image search: [Google]
1470758758102.jpg
9KB, 199x250px
>>31018345

LOL. Army's nigger-tier 'fleet' is quickly going down the tubes. Fuckwits tried to literally give them away to the Navy...who totally turned it down.>>31018266
>>
>>31018345
That can't go as fast. Need a pointed bow if you want any speed, which means that big crane for the ramp in OPs pic.
>>
>>31018165
You sold it to my cunt but we burnt it down. Sorry
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Spartanburg_County_(LST-1192)
>>
>>31019047
What the fuck Malaysia
>>
>>31019047
What an ending. And why was a ship named after a county?

>got my first typing captcha in years
>>
File: train-wreck.jpg (225KB, 1024x702px) Image search: [Google]
train-wreck.jpg
225KB, 1024x702px
Why don't we have any landing ship tanks anymore? Do we even have the capability to do a contested landing? Isn't this the USMCs job?

What the fuck is up with this "over the horizon" amphibious assault bullshit. Isn't that an oxymoron?
>>
>>31019490
Worse is that we could get several new LST from worst Korea as replacement but the navy wanted a fucking helicopter carrier instead

>pic related
>>
>>31020976
Peacetime military procurement is the zenith of corruption
>>
I want to storm a beach. Drop the ramp, roll out heavy armor in the middle of a pitched battle.
>>
>>31019727
if youre not on mobile go to settings and choose legacy CAPTCHA
>>
>>31020539
Fuck the USMC, the Army does it better.

The USMC is a vestigial branch of the Navy. When was the last time you heard of the Marines boarding an enemy vessel? So now they need to justify their existence.

The Army has done more beach landings than the Marines ever have.
>>
File: 1436061189508.jpg (14KB, 268x284px) Image search: [Google]
1436061189508.jpg
14KB, 268x284px
>Be USMC
>Like amphibious landings
>Have a tank that can't swim
LOL
O
L
>>
>>31024978
>swimming tanks
Imagine how terrifying that'd be for subs.

How many swimming tanks would it take to be cost or man effective against a sub?
>>
>>31019727
They do that occasionally, I was just on USNS Choctaw County (that's where the SECNAV was from, pretty shitty imo)
>>
>>31020539
Because in this day and age, amphibious assaults would be a slaughter on all but the most laughably poorly defended shore. Too many AShM, too many weapons that can defeat our armor and landing craft. Going slow = ded. Over the horizon fast transport minimizes time in the kill zone before our grunts get a change to shoot back.
>>
>>31020539
That's like fucking asking "why don't we train infantry to stand in lines anymore"
>>
>>31020976
Since when do we buy foreign ships? The only ones I can think of are Mars Class AFS.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.