[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.45 super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

Hey /k/ I live in a place with alot of black bears and brown bears. The only pistol I've got is a .45 Cal so I was wondering what you think of using .45 super as a bear defense round. Will 13 rounds of . 45 super save me from these faggot brown bears that live near me?
>>
>>31018044
Black bears? It'll at least scare it off maybe. Even if you do mortally wound it, it's still got hours of bleeding to murder you.

For a brown bear? Yeah, it's perfect. Just shoot yourself before the bear closes the gap.
>>
>>31018077
I don't believe it's quite as underpowered as you say. People use 10mm for best defense and 10mm has close to the same muzzle velocity but 45 has larger grain.
>>
>>31018044
shoot it in the face like 7 times.
>>
>>31018077
Black bears are big wusses. I scared one off by throwing a thermos at it once. You sound like a dumb asshole.

Brown bears on the other hand, are fucking scary. .45 super is better than nothing, and isn't a round to be scoffed at, but it would not be my first choice.
>>
>>31018077
>>31018208
This guy killed a grizzly with a .45acp

http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/2010/05/grizzly-bear-shot-and-killed-hikers-denali-national-park-and-preserve5943
>>
>>31018044
>black bears
Say "boo" and watch it flee(unless it's a mother with cubs)

>brown bears and polars
.45-70 or 3" 12ga slugs minimum
We should have exterminated the brown bear from the entire planet IMO. Our ecological niches overlap too much.
>>
>>31018315
2 3/4 is fine
>>
>>31018044
>brown bears
simply calling it a 'nigger' in a raised voice will scare it away
>>
>>31018449
*black
>>
Suppose I have perfect aim, could I take down a brown bear with .32 ACP? Would a headshot do it or would it have to be in the back of the head or eye?
>>
>>31018512
Brown bears have armor skulls. .32 ACP would just bounce off anything but an eye or mouth shot.
>>
>>31018044
Buy some specialty rounds from a sight like underwood or doubletap.
>>
>>31018545
They don't have armored organs though if you can destroy those they'll bleed out before they can even get to you
>>
>>31018256
Ahem, homeboy killed a fucking grizzly with .45 acp. I'd say that's proof enough
>>
File: 220px-HMS_Ceylon_depth_charge.jpg (28KB, 236x377px) Image search: [Google]
220px-HMS_Ceylon_depth_charge.jpg
28KB, 236x377px
>>31018743
>They don't have armored organs though if you can destroy those they'll bleed out before they can even get to you
Pic related is your target profile. What vital organs can you reach with pistol ammo?
>>
>>31019078
This is a more realistic profile. I doubt I'll be in the river with the bear. Notice how this profile leaves the chest exposed make that the focus of your shots and it should suffice
>>
>>31018315
If up your hunting sure carry a long gun it'll give more reliable stops than a pistol. If your hiking or something hot 10mm with Hard cast lead rounds or other larger/hotter rounds like 357 with the same hard cast. Of course larger is always better but if you are going hiking or some shit rifles/shotguns just aren't as practical.
>>
File: Bear7.jpg (149KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
Bear7.jpg
149KB, 550x413px
>>31019632
Forgot pic
>>
>>31019637
The 45 super has similar ballistics to the 10mm it just has a heavier grain bullet. Which I believe equals better stopping power.
>>
>>31018208
he's saying the brown bear is more tough than you and your faggoty fudd caliber

and he's not wrong
>>
>>31019671
I know 45 super would fall in the larger is always better group.
For me personally it would still opt for 10mm because ammo is easier to find then 45 super and the guns that can handle it are more common. If you already have a gun that can handle it then I would say go for it.

If you reload (I doubt it since you asked about stopping bears on /k/) I would argue a 460 Rowland would be cool as fuck.
>>
>>31019671
You can double stack 10mm so it's the old capacity versus .05" larger holes thing. If you're seriously concerned about brown bear, a 12ga shotgun with big slugs is your best bet, or a .45-70 in modern Marlin loads if you like lever guns.
>>
>>31019734
You're right. 10mm is easier to find and way less expensive. The .45 I have can handle .45 super as long as I don't make it a regular thing. I'll check out 460 Rowland. thanks
>>
>>31019751
That 45-70 marlin with the rail on top is sexy as fuck. I think that would be the ideal bear gun
>>
>>31019688
No, u
>>
>>31019895
taste the rainbow
>>
>>31019932
For a bear defense gun you're still pretty much within point blank range. At distances long enough to be concerned with rainbow trajectories, you're hunting, not defending yourself.
>>
>>31020009
your logic and reason is interfering with my shitposting
>>
>>31019932
>rainbows mean you can't shoot long range.

Guess those guys using 45-70 sharps rifles on 600-1000yrd silhouettes are fucking liars then?

Complaining about arcs is the mark of a pleb. a 405gr bullet has a lot of inertia, and wind doesn't effect it much,
>>
>>31019646
>Sig P226 .40 15 rnds
>first shot place as accurate as possible
>10 feet away
>open up and pray
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.