[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDC Full sized 1911

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: CC.png (1005KB, 627x766px) Image search: [Google]
CC.png
1005KB, 627x766px
So I have all my paperwork in and have done my due research and plan on starting to carry a pistol every day. I have a 1911 and am very good at using it. I know it is not optimal for CC but I don't have the money for a sub compact so the question is, what tips do you have for carrying a 1911 every day? What position? How should i keep the gun loaded? Hammer down or cocked with a round in the chamber?
>>
if you wear your shirt untucked you can use a nice leather OWB and it will not print if you have a good stiff belt and it cants towards your back. a 1911 is a lot to stuff in your waistband. I use an OWB for my sig P229 and it works fine.

you almost need suspenders to keep your fuggen pants up though die to the weight but you can just snug up your belt. personally a belt that is too tight bugs me and i keep leaning towards a galco shoulder rig but that's just me.
>>
Carried one iwb for several months at 3 o'clock position with a slight tilt towards my front, ie barrel pointing more towards butt. Wear an undershirt tucked between you and the gun/holster for comfort. Wear flannels untucked, no one will ever know
>>
>>31015457
Thats some pretty solid advice. I wear flannels all the time anyway so that works pretty well.
>>
>>31015355
yea a holster is not a bad idea i hear there is some deep concealed holster that tucks way down in your pants. As for the suspenders i'm going to have to pass on that. i'm 18 and suspenders at my age just look weird
>>
>>31015327

You wearing a loaded gun pointed at your dick?
>>
>>31015602
Suspenders are not awkward. Prove that even an 18 year old can appreciate practicality.
>>
>>31015616
If the hammer is down and there's no round in the chamber why the fuck would it matter?
>>
>>31015616
My hammer is down and there is in fact no round in the chamber. Also with 1911's unless you are gripping the back strap the trigger cannot be pulled.
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Milt sparks summer special and a good belt.
>>
>>31015634
Trust me I have no problem with them for practicality but it just doesn't fit my style. also the people who know me well would be pretty suspicious of my new trend.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px)
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>31015678
>>
>>31015640
>>31015665
>Carrying with no round in the chamber.

Tell me how you're going to draw and rack the slide in enough time to stop Jamarqous Tyrone Johnson from stabbing you.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px)
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>31015688
>>
>>31015696
Not bad. I didn't even see any printing.
>>
>>31015695
Well I'm assuming OP is a poorfag judging by his lack of holster and the state of his room, carrying with no round in the chamber is better than not carrying at all, and you'd have to be a complete fuckstick to carry a gun cocked & locked without a holster
>>
>>31015327
I tend to wear mine at 3 o'clock and I'm only 170 @ 5'11". Works with most of my shirts. I use a Stealth Gear USA IWB Onyx, most comfortable holster I've ever tried, but pricey.

>Conditions
Numero uno or nothing, sir.

Carrying any gun without a round in the chamber is pointless. Sure you can train yourself to rack your gun as you draw it but A) that's a more complex action to fail at (as opposed to flicking off the safety, which you can train into your grip) and B) you're relying on two hands to operate your gun in a defensive situation.

>>31015665
>Also with 1911's unless you are gripping the back strap the trigger cannot be pulled.
We call that a grip safety.
>>
>>31015706
1911s carry awesome.
>>
>>31015713
Im 18 so kinda poorfag (live with parents but pay my own bills and school tuition.) Hoster is not to improbable but requires a few weeks of work and putting money aside to get. and you hit the nail on the head on why i wont carry it loaded. I know having no holster means i am more likely to knock it around and it is unsafe to carry it loaded with no holster.
>>
Can you legally conceal carry at 18?
>>
>>31015723
Ok you kinda have me, but in my defense i am able to rack the slide one handed. also thanks the name slipped my mind.
>>
>>31015807
yup in Vermont the age to buy and posses any gun is 18.
>>
>>31015852
>but in my defense i am able to rack the slide one handed.
And how long does that take you? I can flip off my safety quicker than you can rack your gun one handed.
>>
>>31015866
>yup in Vermont the age to buy and posses any gun is 18.
The Gun Control Act of 1968 would like to have a word with you.
>>
File: laughinggirls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
laughinggirls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>31015884
>carrying with safety on

why anon?
>>
>>31015900
Don't see how that has anything to do with me. That deals with interstate affairs.
>>
>>31015884
I really don't care. As long as I don't have a holster i'm not risking an accidental discharge.
>>
>>31015969
>Don't see how that has anything to do with me. That deals with interstate affairs.
It has everything to do with you if you're trying to buy a handgun under 21 at an FFL.
>>
>>31016089
As i read through the laws in Vermont at the age of 16 any legal resident can lawfully own and buy short and long gun. The age of 18 any lawful citizen can carry concealed or not a short gun.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Vermont
>>
>>31016367
http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/VT-gun-laws-gun-control/2015/04/04/id/635339/
>>
I wasn't wrong was I?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.