[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CC extra magazine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: mag holster.jpg (282KB, 1063x800px) Image search: [Google]
mag holster.jpg
282KB, 1063x800px
Been doing some research over the past few days into a CCW. Pretty sure I've decided on the M&P Shield 9mm. I'd like to carry two of its 8-round extended grip mags, one in the gun, one in the holster.

My questions is this: Is there a comfortable CC Holster made for the 5 o'clock position that also has a slot for an extra magazine, or do I just need to get a small separate magazine holster?

I'm also curious about your experiences with extra magazine holsters. A lot of people have said they were uncomfortable, the magazine was rotating/poking them, etc.

Thanks for the help, /k/!
>>
I'd like this answered too, I just got my shield a couple days ago as my first gun.
>>
>>31014005
I keep one in my weak side back pocket or sometimes hip pocket.
>>
File: 20160816_181652.jpg (653KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20160816_181652.jpg
653KB, 2896x2896px
Doesn't apply to your exact firearm but this works for me
>>
>>31014035
When you have it in your back pocket, when you sit, will that not possibly damage the magazine, or at the very least, be uncomfortable?
Also, do people not notice the bulge on your booty?
>>31014036
Do people notice the magazine holster? I'm getting the Shield for campus carry, so I have to be extra careful about things like printing, etc.
>>
>>31014005
If you're going to fantasize about needing that many rounds in a defensive shoot you should fantasize about getting a more capable gun for the situation you think you're going to be in for some reason.
>>
>>31014098
Even with a slightly baggy shirt I dont think his would be noticable except maybe when bending down or some weird position and even then someone would have to really be looking
>>
File: 20160624_205006.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160624_205006.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>31014005
Get seperate mag holders

These little knife/multitool pouches are like 3-4 bucks and hold a single or doublestack easy

Get em at some place that sells knives and knife accessories. So like outdoors/camping places like dicks or bass pro should have em. Or like those chinese decoration stores at the malls with the katanas and bongs always have some pocketknives and shit and will have these. Just pop one onto your belt, its simple, cheap, and gets the job done
>>
>>31014005
I use mag carriers separate for comfort, DM Bullard and Crossbreed are not super pricey, but good quality.
>>
>>31014114
Not really a fantasy. I just want to be reasonably prepared. I know the best way to win a fight is to not have one at all.
>>31014117
>>31014131
>>31014152
Looks like separate mag carriers are the way to go! Thanks y'all.
I'll look into those two brands as well.
>>
>>31014098
I wear a button down over my white t and it's practically unnoticeable. No one ever does and I carry in places you're not supposed to all the time so I figured someone would have said something by now.
I have to be careful of getting up from sitting down since my shirt rides up when I do and could ride up high enough to rise above my holsters but that's solved by just pulling my shirt down before I get up.
>>
>>31014204
>carrying in places you're not supposed to
Is this really a good idea? What happens if you get caught? The chance of actually being involved in a shooting or life-threatening situation is so low, it makes me wonder if it's worth breaking the law to carry in buildings where no-handgun restrictions are clearly posted.
>>
>>31014223
The most that will happen is they tell me I'm not allowed to carry there and to leave my firearm in my car or leave the establishment.
I know this because I'd OC before and would simply play the Clinton card and say I didn't see the sign and didn't know because I'd legit miss them sometimes.
Most gun related "massacres" happen on gun free-zones, id thats your mentality just don't carry dude. I'm not walking into federal buildings armed, my policy on it is if they have armed guards then I can somewhat drop my guard but if they refuse to put up armed guards but also want to disarm me then fuck them. Their imaginary liberal gun-free forcefield isn't stopping me and it sure as fuck won't stop a criminal.
>>
I use an old buck knife belt pouch for my extra mag. Would advise to keep it on your weak side, since your gun will be in your strong hand which makes it hard to grab the mag while keeping the gun in your hand and on target
>>
>>31014005
Unless you're going innaSyria/Kurdistan/Africa/etc. you don't need to carry extra magazines around for your daily routine.

Fucking mallninja.
>>
>>31014196
Why dont you just get limiters for the mags and carry 10 magazines with two rounds each

If you truly believe you need 25 rounds, you're already assuming you're shooting more than your 8+1 max of the shield, so why wouldn't you get something that gives you more shots before you reload since you're again, fantasizing, about how big of a firefight you're going to be in.

Shield's one of the best cc guns you can get, but if you're actually not being a fedora, it sounds like it is not the right gun for what you want to do.

If not, carrying that many mags is going to get in the way of carrying your katana too
>>
I have a Crossbreed iwb 2 mag holder for glock mags, and I'd only recommend something like that if you're pretty skinny, it used to dig pretty hard sometimes, but since losing weight, it's gotten easier.
>>
>>31014297

>Unless you're going innaSyria/Kurdistan/Africa/etc. you don't need to carry a gun around for your daily routine.
>Fucking trump supporter

GTFO Hillary
Odds are if part of the gun fucks up, it's going to be mag related. Carrying one extra is not a bad idea. Unless you're satan like >>31014297
>>
>>31014005

Get a separate magazine holster for your left side if you want a mag holster. Having your extra mag at 5 o'clock is stupid, it will very difficult to grab. I just throw my extra mag in my left pants pocket. The chances of having to use the gun are very slim and the chances of needing an extra mag are even lower. I don't want to strap on another piece of gear onto my belt every time I go out for a situation that will likely never happen.
>>
>>31014311
>>31014297
brehs i just want 1 extra mag, calm down.
Besides, whether or not I carry a gun isn't really important anyway; I always carry my katana :^)
>>31014290
Thank you for the helpful post. I will keep it on my weak side.
>>31014276
I'm just worried that if I fuck up and someone spots me carrying, they'll freak the fuck out (since it's on a college campus and full of anti-gun people) and I'll get arrested and charged with some bullshit because of some soccer mom-esque freakout.
This will cause me a lot of unnecessary drama, not to mention issues with my school. I'm simply trying to think ahead and evaluate outcomes.
>>
>>31014297
>>31014114
>you don't need x
>>
>>31014367
I don't holster carry on my campus, that's what Jesus made backpacks for.
Something like that is pretty stupid since you'll probably get kicked out of your school and be blacklisted by other schools. Carry in your backpack.
>>
>>31014297
Technically, this guy is 100% right.

As a non LEO civilian, you guys will NEVER NEVER NEVER need to reload your pistol in a self defense situation. Gun fights in real life happen in a flash and only last a few seconds with only a few shots fired. You will NEVER fire all 15 or whatever of your rounds and then reload because you need to fire more.

That's just the truth.
>>
>>31014442
I think backpack carry is a pretty bad idea. If I need my gun, I'm going to have to root through my backpack to get it. I like the concealability, but not the inconvenience.
Also, backpacks can be stolen, but it's harder to steal something from someone's person.
>>
>>31014457
Yeah it's actually a Newtonian law actually that we will never ever fire more shots or need that many rounds. It's physically impossible and if you ever do fire off all 15 then the aggressor will stop and say "oi you fired off your magazine, looks like that's it. I'll get you next time you mag dumping crazy! Ha ha ha have a nice day!"
You fucking retard
>>
>>31014297
>>31014457

Samefag? Samefag.

OP, check out one of the horizontal mag carriers. I usually just carry a spare in a back pocket if for whatever reason an OWB carrier is unworkable.
>>
>>31014532
>i'll get you next time you mag dumping crazy!
kek'd
>>31014573
horizontal mag carriers seem like they'll probably work for me. Thanks anon!
>>
Why they fuck would you want your extra mag on your strong side?

So you have to reach around to pull it out like a retarded seal?
>>
>>31014457
Except the Kommando who shot those niggers in Minneapolis you dumb fuck
>>
>>31014297

I'd almost agree, but you're still a faggot for >you don't need

I CC a G17 and have an extra mag of golden sabers. Do you want the ONE time you have to pull your CC to also be the time you don't have enough ammo?
>>
>>31014425
You're talking to somebody who carried a 33 rounder on his calf for years to go along with his 19, so fuck off faggot.

My point is to do what you want to do the right way instead of being a bitch about it
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.