[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chiappa Rhino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /k/
Just curious if anyone else here has had the chance to fire the Chiappa Rhino and what your take on it is? I got the chance two years ago and ended up purchasing my own, by far my favorite revolver.
>>
Love mine. Joy to shoot, looks like space magic, and muh recoil.

That said if you don't get the 50 or 60ds you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>31014012
Amen. I got the 60DS myself as shown in the OP. I couldn't believe how easy this firearm is to use. The 158 grain .357 rounds have almost no kick. Is it just me or is it very easy to get acclimated to? Within 100 rounds I was shooting accurately at 50 yards.
>>
I want one.. but only as a toy.
>>
They have but one weakness: A single dry fire and they are permanently damaged
>>
>>31014782
I can assure you, you can dry fire the Chiappa. I've had it for about a year now and many people who wanted to hold it have dry fired. I recently bought spring caps (as seen in OP) to reduce the wear dry firing causes the internal hammer, but that's nothing more than normal wear similar to most semi autos. I read a forum about a man who bought one new and had a damaged cylinder? Was not caused by dry fire.
>>
>>31013806
40DS owner here
>The Good
1. It's fucking cool looking
2. Long as fuck pull, but a smooth pull at that
3. fairly comfy to hold

>The Bad
1. You have to deal with Chiappa, and the warranty on this thing is piss poor. Ruger makes better revolvers (albeit more traditional) for a better price with a better warranty.
2. Cocking the hammer is a bitch
3. Chiappa couldn't even be arsed to locktite the front sight so it will come loose at some point.
4. Good luck getting smithing work done on it
5. Pricey

I can't recommend them personally, but I like the design. It's a shame Chiappa is such shit though.
>>
>>31015104
Yeah not gonna lie, the cocking hammer straight sucks. I've had maybe 50-100 easy cocks out of the 800+ rounds I've put through it.
>>
File: DSC01048.jpg (2MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01048.jpg
2MB, 2272x1704px
I own a 60DS and love it.

People always ask if the lower bore axis actually helps or if it's just a gimmick, and I haven't really been able to explain.

I realized I took a really shitty video while I was out just fucking around with my brother, and it's a pretty decent example of how much it helps.

This video shows me shooting it while awkwardly holding it one handed with a camera on my left hand, if you slow it down to .25 speed when I'm shooting it you can see how little the muzzle flips with .357.

https://youtu.be/P0yr-aG0p0I?t=56
>>
>>31015252
The muzzle flip on the Rhino is very low, most of the people who shoot it are surprised how little it kicks.
>>
>>31015003
I was showing a friend my new chiappa, the insufferable bastard checked to see if it was clear and then IMMEDIATELY dry fired it! It took the gunsmith three days to repair the damage but it still isnt the same.
>>
>>31015250
Dunno what's up with yours, is it just really stiff? Cocking mine is comfy and easy. I hear the first gens had issues.
>>
>>31015278
This has to be sarcasm. I've dry fired mine dozens of times just to practice the long trigger pull and there's nothing wrong with it. How would it damage anything? It's centerfire.

I don't understand the meme.
>>
>>31015278
It shouldn't do that. I've had at least 5 people do just that in the last 6 months alone. Sounds like there was a manufacturer defect. Sorry to hear that m8.
>>
>>31015282
Some times it's easy. Others it literally cannot be pulled back enough to cock. I dunno. Most times it's just stiff.
>>
>>31015315
Definitely shouldn't be doing that. I'd say contact Chiappa, but, well. Y'know.
>>
>>31015326
Well, I plan on buying a few over the next few years as it's just a matter of time before they completely discontinue it. It's a shame a real gun company won't use this design type. Chiappa has their heart in it but they're far from the best.
>>
>>31015343
>TFW you regret not saving up to buy an unica 6 when they were cheap and they cost $4,000 IF YOU'RE LUCKY for a used one now.
>>
>>31015278
Nice b8
>>
>>31015350
Exactly
>>
>>31015343
Nah, Chiappa doesn't give a flying fuck about their products or customers. What held it together was Ghisoni, the designer of the matebas and rhino. He passed away in 2008 or so so don't expect any 6 o'clock revolvers in the future.
>>
>>31015395
I would kill to see Colt, Ruger, or Smith and Wesson design 6 o'clock revolver. The design is just so damn functional, it's a damn shame traditionalists hate it.
>>
>>31015425
The revolver market itself is 99%+ traditionalists. No quality manufacturer is gonna make a gun they know isn't likely to sell well, particularly one requiring significant deviations from previous designs they've made.

The Rhino is cool and I want one, but given its being made by Chiappa I consider it a novelty. For "using" revolvers I like Rugers.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.