[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization Firearms Restart Library

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1467149293936.jpg (114KB, 750x745px) Image search: [Google]
1467149293936.jpg
114KB, 750x745px
So earlier this year, I remember when Mad Max Fury Road came out, there was a pretty good thread about maintaining firearms and ammo production in a post-apocalypse world.

Is there any sort of online/book/etc resource for "jump starting" a civilization that went back in time or is there actually a collection of resources somewhere for this?

iirc; that thread got pretty deep, including the means to manufacture smokeless powder to mining operations and crude metallurgy knowledge and tools.
>>
File: 1457732844602.gif (789KB, 444x272px) Image search: [Google]
1457732844602.gif
789KB, 444x272px
>>31012570
>Pic related
>>
bump for the morning US, since it seems EU and other countries have lost and forsaken this art.
>>
>>31012570
OP have you downloaded The Ar/k/?
>>
File: HEHE.jpg (118KB, 680x576px) Image search: [Google]
HEHE.jpg
118KB, 680x576px
>>31012570
I'm interested.
>>
>>31012987
No, but does the Ar/k/ detail what needs to be done, as a society, since reproducing and maintaining the use of guns and ammunition is more a group thing than a solo thing in the long term.
And it isn't just going to be:
>Make smokeless powder
>Make brass and lead
etc etc
I know the best course is to scrounge up the history of fucking human civilization, but there has to be some sort of condensed or focused material on what science/industry/social requirements needed to support and produce modern or NEAR modern firearms and ammunition.

It's like that seed bank in iceland, I'm sure they also have a library of how to grow and cultivate along with samples of all those seeds.
Well, is there a fucking "seed bank" for weapons? Because the moment one group of survivors begin growing food and being prosperous, you can bet your fucking ass another group will fuck all that shit and go kill and take over that farming group in moments flat.
>>
>>31013023
This reminds me of The Mote in God's Eye. In the future humans finally discover sentient aliens far from earth. They have tech more advanced than us, yet never colonized anything beyond their own star system. Apparently their biology requires them to breed frequently or else they die. This creates an endless population boom resulting in war, mass dieoffs and regression. After things settle they rebuild and the cycle begins again. In the distant past they built huge bunkers filled with all sorts of advanced tech & weapons to make restarting civilization easier. They try to hide the cycles and huge amounts of weapons from us but eventually relations fail.

So maybe something like a military bunker filled with guns, ammo and machining equipment? There'd have to be instructions understandable to children or illiterates. At this point we're entering 40k STC territory.

>hello, what do you want to build?
NUGGET
>please select all resources available to you now
ROCKS TREES WATER SUNLIGHT
>what tech level have you attained?
DERP
>processing...complete
>step 1: how to make a fire...
>>
There's a book called "The Knowledge" written by a Brit bong PhD I think who condensed a bunch of key scientific stuff into a book. I think it'd be a good start.
>>
Thinking about it on a basic level, the brass (with spent primer) is going to be the most difficult to produce. For short and medium term, I would think your group would need to get a brass bag on all rifles, and find an abandon gun range to scrounge pistol brass and hulls.

Pistol brass can be reloaded indefinitely, so just recollecting should be sufficient. Primers dents can be pounded out and substituted with a variety of common chemicals, then re-seated. Bullets can be cast, swaged, or powder coated. Powder can be scavenged for the short term, and made in the medium/long term.
>>
Not to be a naysayer or anything but your ability to 'recreate' modern firearms and weapons will be almost entirely based on how badly you need it at the time.

Take gun oil for example, sre you going to press your oils? Are you going to mine ore?

For the first hundred or more years after the collapse of any modern civilization recycling parts and materials will be a huge component of anyone's day to day. Vehicle grade steel can just be recycled and remilled. Expect things like that to be commonplace.

If we're in a historical dark age, where survival is so difficult literacy disappears and so does art - expect a full blown technological regression. At which point it won't matter who's jump starting weapons manufacturing because the infrastructure to support something literally won't be there.

The japanese holdout on guam, that thought the war went on until 1972 made wooden bullets in his cave to keep his shitty arisaka in a war ready state.

When you're ready to risk killing yourself firing wooden bullets from a last ditch arisaka after fighting a war for almost 40 years then you can talk about jump starting civilization.
>>
>>31012570
https://murdercube.com
>>
What about salvaging from ammo factories?
If they are undamaged just scale down production.
Or scavenging from ammo bunkers.
I know a place on a military base that has BILLIONS of 9mm 5.56 7.62 ect.
>>
>>31012570
>s there any sort of online/book/etc resource for "jump starting" a civilization that went back in time
Learn pre-industrial manufacturing techniques.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.