[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey \k what is this cannon? It was in my grandparent's stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 20160816_225645.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160816_225645.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Hey \k what is this cannon? It was in my grandparent's stuff
>>
>>31011185
thats a rare vintage finger tube. Not a cannon my dear sweet faggot Original Poster
>>
>>31011185
My grandpa's house had a brochure from a working toy cannon from the 1950s. Name was something idiotic like Big Boom Cannons. They actually loaded and charged with real gunpowder.
>>
>>31011205
It's not that
>>
>>31011185

Judging by the size its probably a signal cannon from an old ship.

They used to fire them with just gunpowder and no projectile to make a loud noise so they could signal other ships in dense fog or rain or what not.

Basically the predecessor to a modern air horn.
>>
Just a novelty toy from when toys were fun. You loaded a little lead ball in it with powder and blew it across the room. I dont think theyre worth a whole lot but you can probably get more powder, fuses and shot and kill some cats or something
>>
>>31011209
I dont think this one is a toy , it's heavy and its made with iron or metal or bronze im not sure
>>
>>31011234
toys used to be made with materials other than plastic you know.
>>
>>31011234
They still make these types of things. Tiny cannons with bores sized to take marbles and shit.
>>
>>31011228
>>31011234

Could be a toy, could be a signal cannon. It looks old enough though that I'm inclined to think signal cannon.

Does it have any markings on it that would tell you who made it?

If its a signal cannon there would be more of a market for it then if its a toy.
>>
>>31011185
oh no no no no no. i am so sorry anon, that is your grandmas pirate themed dildo
>>
>>31011277
No , doesnt have any mark or seal
>>
>>31011185
pack it with about 3 lbs of gunpowder and put a lit sparkler down there, its a sparks cannon.

makes alot of smoke and shit too do do it in a well ventilated area
>>
File: cannon_211.jpg (498KB, 1500x1484px) Image search: [Google]
cannon_211.jpg
498KB, 1500x1484px
>>31011185
look for makers marks. its probbaly just a decorative piece, that maybe can take a small charge of powder to make some noise. its definitely not a military item or weapon. and i doubt its a signal cannon, those usually look like a cup because they are set down on a railing when lit and then put away. also look how thick and beefy pic related signal cannon is compared to yours. im guessing yours is a decoration or toy
>>
>>31011185
it doesnt look thick enough to hold the pressure required to shoot any projectile, i wouldnt try shooting it like other people here are suggesting. unless you want to eat shrapnel
>>
>>31011311
I saw one with the name of dolphin signal cannon and they really look alike i think its functional
>>
>>31011327
of course it does, and you have not even seen the thickness of the barrel walls anyway.

that's why there is a hole for the fuse.

it's just for packing a ball in the hole and shooting it.

OP, measure the barrel I.D. and i bet it's .50 cal.
>>
File: large.jpg (58KB, 800x469px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
58KB, 800x469px
>>31011205
God I'm glad we adopted finger boxes instead of that nonsense.
>>
>>31011340
I dont know how to , and i dont have the thing to measure it , its 12" long
>>
>>31011344
I dont even know wtf is that
>>
>>31011372
No calipers, measuring tape, or a ruler?
.50 cal means half-inch.

Post a picture of the front, maybe even all the sides. Put it down on a table first.
>>
>>31011381
Ha, this guy doesn't know what a finger box is! Did you even have a childhood?
>>
>>31011372
Take a lot of pictures and post them.
Look for little symbols or numbers around base or along barrel.
>>31011381
Ignore it.
>>
File: 1470881774448.jpg (84KB, 750x709px) Image search: [Google]
1470881774448.jpg
84KB, 750x709px
put a lit match inside and take a pic of it smoking then post it to instagram to be edgy and say how you just shot a canon inside your house WHOAHHHH the bitches will be wondering how big your dick is after that. hehe then you can make some babies
>>
OP ***IF*** you fire this, use black powder, NOT SMOKELESS!!!
Smokeless will blow this thing up regardless if it is an actual cannon or not.
>>
>>31011372
stick your dick in it, and if it fits, it's half an inch
>>
>>31011185
It's a fleshcannon.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.