[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How viable is a machete in combat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: machete.jpg (468KB, 1617x870px) Image search: [Google]
machete.jpg
468KB, 1617x870px
How viable is a machete in combat?
>>
>>31008283
It's great when you have a shit ton of your machete wielding fellow gay men wearing sport gear charging at Californians.
>>
Depends on the adversaries weapon and abilities with and your ability with a machete. Always remember to point the blade away from you
>>
File: hutu-killers.jpg (26KB, 477x283px)
hutu-killers.jpg
26KB, 477x283px
>>31008283

Worked pretty well for the Hutus.
>>
>>31008301
Is that a Fallout: New Vegas Reference?
>>
>>31008283
That's a bolo knife anon
Think before you misgender, bigot
>>
>>31008283
Combat is overwhelming the enemy's defense while circumventing their strength. If your enemy has a missile weapon, any halfway decent armor, is in a very restricted area like a tunnel, or has a heavy blade or bludgeon, a machete is counterindicated. Otherwise you're good.
>>
>>31008283
step one, rush a nigga and throat chop him
step two, run like hell
step three(optional), clean your blade or drop it

All you really can do for machete combat. Overall it is just a short sword with all the weight and powerful follow through that implies
>>
>>31008283

Depends on who and where you're fighting.

But just generally speaking, hitting someone with a machete is gonna fuck their whole day up.
>>
>>31009047

Machetes are light and you're retarded.
>>
>>31009047
>>31009149
Machetes are light, but have terrible balance for sword-y usage. That's what makes them feel "heavy".
>>
anything capable of cutting down small trees and brush will make short work of the more vulnerable pieces of a man
I saw a retard plant a machete into his own shin once to the bone, shit was laffs
>>
>>31009222
>penetrate shin to bone

So he cut through all of 1/8 inches of skin? Killer.
>>
File: TrailGear.jpg (3MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
TrailGear.jpg
3MB, 1836x3264px
>>31009222
i came close to lodging a machete in my shin.
>innawoodsing after school.
>mom got me a machete from her recent trip to costa rica doing nurse medical shit.
>blazing trails. trying to widen out a new path.
>chopping down a sappling. blade deflects, shakes and wobbles, loosening my grip.
>blade flies off sapling and hits my shin. luckily because of its angle its not a strait shot and glances off.
the jeans i was wearing also saved my legs from some damage. still had a nice bruise and some scuffed skin but nothing too bad. went back to using my hatchet for innawoodsing. still have machete but never use it.
>>
>>31008337
Yes but they were going against a mostly unarmed populace.
>>
File: jungle.jpg (15KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
jungle.jpg
15KB, 275x275px
>>31008283
Not as viable as a shotgun. Get a shotgun.

Take it from an expert.
>>
>>31008283
Very. They can cut the shit out of people with very little effort. Don't underestimate the blade.
>>
>>31008283
>Dat handle

That cannot be comfortable to hold.
>>
>>31009619
Noice knife. Who made yours?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.