[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pistol Crossbows: Are they effective?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (326KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
326KB, 750x1334px
I live in CT and don't want to go through the long process of getting a firearm just yet, and I want something that I could be able to take innawoods for protection against animals. Would a pistol crossbow with 80 poundage be good?
>>
No.

What's the laws in Cuntnetticut regarding black Powder?
>>
>>31006132
What are* the laws?

Sorry, self-grammar nazi.
>>
>>31006132
I'm not sure but I'll look into it.
>>
>>31006146
BP is allowed and so are antiques, check up gunbroker and have fun.
>>
>>31006211
Should have added without licence or permits see here and ctrl+f antiques

https://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/chap_529.htm
>>
>>31006124
>>31006132

This precisely.

I live in illinois and we got some tough laws here.

But I dont believe black powder is regulated at all, in fact I knew this 14 year old kid who had a muzzleloader.

On the contrary crossbows here are regulated.

Another tip is you can get a high tension slingshot, put a guide across the top and use it to shoot Arrows. There are plenty of tips on how to do this.

Wouldnt say any of the other options being discussed are any more portable (arrows are long, but then again so is a muzzleloader).
>>
I bought one at an outdoor store when I was 16 and shot my neighbor's cat with it. the first bolt didn't do the job so I just stepped on it's nek until it croaked

then i threw it's dead body in a nearby creek

it's name was Cosmo
>>
>>31006124

A two hander could do the damage but reloading is a bitch. Honestly a crossbow bolt will likely be lethal to the core.
>>
>>31006236

Kill yourself.
>>
>>31006228
Plenty of .38 Iver Johnsons and assorted milsurp rifles to be had if you want to go through the trouble of reloading
>>
>>31006124
They are underpowered as hell
A bow will always be more powerful than the crossbow with the equivalent draw weight due to shorter draw
>>
>>31008098
yea but you can't buy a decent bow for 30$
>>
>>31006236
Are you by any chance of polish descent?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.